Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones launch free app today Nov 20 - for those of you with i Phones
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:52

LONDON - The Rolling Stones and TV producer Endemol, in partnership with live entertainment promoter Dainty Group, on Tuesday unveiled the global launch of the band's first-ever app.

The free Rolling Stones Official App is part of the 50th anniversary celebrations of the legendary band and also has a paid-for portion. It allows fans to watch interviews, try and win tour tickets, see photos and videos of the band across the decades and, in the paid-for portion, unlock content shot specifically for the app in preparation for the Stones' upcoming tour. The app will later add a feature that will let fans worldwide vote for a favorite track to be played at a concert.

The app also allows fans to connect with each other and with the band, preview tracks for free and buy exclusive merchandise and any song from the Rolling Stones catalog on iTunes.

The app is initially exclusive to Apple's i Phone, iPad and iPod Touch.

“We wanted to do something a bit special and innovative - an app that really connects with the user, lots of exclusive content, integration with social networks and the ability to make a song request for the upcoming shows,” said Stones star Mick Jagger.

Keith Richards added: “There’ll be quite a few surprises in there for the fans; some behind the scenes footage; some old, some new stuff that very few people get to see. It’s all part of a rather splendid celebration for us.”

Tim Hincks, president of Endemol Group, added: “It’s great to be part of a world first for the world’s biggest rock'n’roll icons. The Rolling Stones Official App is a rich treasure trove of content and interactivity.”

Endemol and Dainty are co-managing the international media and digital rights to the Stones’ upcoming “50 and Counting” tour. It is the first time the band will perform together on stage for more than five years.

The final tour gig at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Dec. 15 will be offered live via pay-per-view around the world. London’s O2 Arena and the Brooklyn Barclays Center are the other stops on the tour.

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Re: Stones launch free app today Nov 20 - for those of you with i Phones
Date: November 20, 2012 13:12

On my iPad and iPhone, highly recommended...
And, for the first time in a long time: it is FREE...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 20, 2012 13:54

Nice exclusive content at first glimpse! Live Gloom Doom smiling smiley

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: November 20, 2012 14:27

I just bought iPad yesterday. Can´t wait to get home from office!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 20, 2012 14:28

Free app.
99 cents to unlock exclusive footage. Well worth it!

Nice to see Doom and Gloom live.

Date: November 20, 2012 14:31

However, they should upgrade the app for iPads.
It's an iPhone app, and even if you can see it
on an iPad, you loose a lot of screen quality
if you see full screen.

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: November 20, 2012 14:33

An app to vote for live songs at a concert? That's unlikely to be for the 5 upcoming gigs, in my judgement, so (assuming i'm right) is a sign that follow-on concerts are being planned?

Dayo (android and windows, so I'll have to use my kids' iPads)

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 20, 2012 14:49

Date: November 20, 2012 15:03

How come i can write iPad but not I p h o ne?
If I typed normally it comes out like this : iphone

So if I hate my I p h o n e, it's a iPhone iPhone?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 15:04

i want this live version! this is the first time i really want to have a smartphone....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2012 15:05

Dayokay
An app to vote for live songs at a concert? That's unlikely to be for the 5 upcoming gigs, in my judgement, so (assuming i'm right) is a sign that follow-on concerts are being planned?

Dayo (android and windows, so I'll have to use my kids' iPads)

and to win tickets too....

My thoughts exactly. Pretty much a nailed on confirmation that there will be shows in 2013.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 20, 2012 15:13

I don't think that was ever in doubt, the question is how they will be organized...I still doubt it will be a massive tour, more like 15/20 dates spread out, but that's OT here.

Nice to see Mick throwing water at us at the Trabendo in the teaser! So D&G is available in the exclusive content section unlocked for $0.99, I guess I can afford that in light if my other related Stones expenses ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 20, 2012 15:18

I like it

Date: November 20, 2012 15:24

Just registered for the competition for tickets and it states that its for tickets (and flights and accommodation!) for the shows on Nov 29 in London and December 15th in Newark.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 15:27

can anybody make this live version available for those who haven`t got a smartphone?

Posted by: genco ()
Date: November 20, 2012 15:33

I dont like it
What about us????.... fans that dont have got smartphone...

Date: November 20, 2012 15:45

Its only snippets so far.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: November 20, 2012 15:50

no word for android phones ?

Date: November 20, 2012 17:17

chelskeith
I like it
Ah I knew I'd recognized your name ;-) I sent you a message via the App, did you get it?

Yes, only snippets of songs unfortunately. Nice app I must say.

Oh, does anyone know if you can use a nickname instead of your full Facebook name?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-20 17:22 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 20, 2012 17:25

Thanks for the tip. I'am just downloading it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 20, 2012 18:50

Free tickets , I can dig that! I'm going to download the App. As far as i P h o n e being a dirty word here on IORR, I can't understand it. Only presume that bv has got something against those phones or perhaps Apple in general. Seems rather stupid as far as I'm concerned. My i P h o n e rocks! Just the recording apps are worth the price of the phone. 4 track, 8 track and 16 track apps are all available for the phone and besides the somewhat overblown compression when using the built in mic, the recording quality is excellent. Acoustic guitars sound pretty damn good on the Apps. peace

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 20, 2012 18:54

Naturalust
Free tickets , I can dig that! I'm going to download the App. As far as i P h o n e being a dirty word here on IORR, I can't understand it. Only presume that bv has got something against those phones or perhaps Apple in general. Seems rather stupid as far as I'm concerned. My i P h o n e rocks! Just the recording apps are worth the price of the phone. 4 track, 8 track and 16 track apps are all available for the phone and besides the somewhat overblown compression when using the built in mic, the recording quality is excellent. Acoustic guitars sound pretty damn good on the Apps. peace

I think he just wants to keep IORR out of general google searches when one puts that word in. IORR won't show up in the results.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 20, 2012 21:04

Munichhilton
Naturalust

I think he just wants to keep IORR out of general google searches when one puts that word in. IORR won't show up in the results.

Why would he want to do that if people are talking about i P h o n e s on IORR? I know that the sheer amount of text in the IORR database really sucks the search engines in, but to try to manipulate that seems a bit odd to me. peace

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 20, 2012 21:13

Naturalust
Munichhilton
Naturalust

Why would he want to do that if people are talking about i P h o n e s on IORR? I know that the sheer amount of text in the IORR database really sucks the search engines in, but to try to manipulate that seems a bit odd to me. peace

Just a theory. I'm full of it...er I mean them.

Posted by: sneaky ()
Date: November 20, 2012 21:15

Found it for iphone but not for ipad as yet??

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 20, 2012 21:28

what do i do if i win tickets (again)? the price is slightly above what i'm willing to pay to see this band now.

Date: November 20, 2012 23:22

sneaky
Found it for iphone but not for ipad as yet??

It is, do a search for "Rolling Stones Official", that should do it, iOS 5+ needed.

So how are we doing with the ranking boys? Not sure why but I'm currently #20 !

--------------

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 20, 2012 23:41

Not for Android so I'm out. My hacked Touchpads and Samsung Galaxy S III get no love! Hopefully they bring it over to the rest of the market soon. Love hearing that live Doom & Gloom bit in the background of the video!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:10

I just bought it and watched a bit of the exclusive content. Not bad for the price. The price makes it easier to take on a little iFone screen, too. I hope this .99 cents is a one-time payment. It just has the feel of a fan club type thing, where down the road it'll suddenly be, "Oh, we forgot to mention, that's .99 cents for 6 months." I learned Charlie listens to reggae. I thought maybe he just played it with with the Stones but didn't listen to it much.

Date: November 28, 2012 17:23

Anyone seen the results of the "win a ticket for the 29th" page on the app? You never know, miracles sometims happen ;-)

--------------

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2225
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home