Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bristol 27.6.1982....."Rainy night in Bristol" ???
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 21, 2010 00:46

I'm wondering...was anyone here at this show in '82.? The reason I ask....One of the bootlegs for this show is called "Rainy night in Bristol". The recording has Mick saying something about getting "wet up here" and "Gonna slip on my arse in a minute" at different times.....the problem with this is....it didn't rain....it was boiling hot summer's day. I've racked my brain trying to remember any rain and just can't.....did anyone here go and remember differently ...or....offer any explanation for Mick's comments...were the Bristol songs spliced togethor with a different show maybe.....and if so does anyone know which one.....? Thanks for any info if anyone knows anything, Eddiebyword

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 01:04 by EddieByword.

Re: Bristol 27.6.1982....."Rainy night in Bristol" ???
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 21, 2010 03:36

I have an uncirculated tape of this (complete) show somewhere. I'll try and dig it out.

sc uk

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: December 21, 2010 06:25

I thought we'd been through this before ?
I was at this show.It didn't rain.
Also it wasn't strictly speaking a *night* show.The Stones came on late afternoon I'd say.

Date: December 21, 2010 13:29

Brown Moses
Also it wasn't strictly speaking a *night* show.The Stones came on late afternoon I'd say.
Yeah, thanks Brown Moses, I did search for this on Hotstuff as I couldn't remember whether I'd asked before on IORR or not but couldn't find anything so thought I hadn't but of course when I saw your user name I instantly remembered. (I definitely hadn't asked on Tell me before though, thanks for your reply btw)...yes I remember walking back to Avonmouth under the Clifton suspension bridge after the show and it was still fairly light then so before 9,30PM. Cheers EddieByword

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 14:42 by EddieByword.

Date: December 21, 2010 13:33

straycatuk
I have an uncirculated tape of this (complete) show somewhere. I'll try and dig it out.

sc uk
That would be brilliant, if that works out and you do find it would you be able to upload it ? Hope that's the case, thanks, EddieByword

Date: December 21, 2010 13:45

Maybe it's audio from a different (and rainy) show?

Date: December 21, 2010 13:58

Brown Moses
Hmmm....Yann found this and posted it on 'Hotstuff'

'It needed more than a brief downpour to dampen the spirits of 36,000 passionate Rolling Stones fans as Mick Jagger and Co played their first Bristol concert for 11 years. 'The seething crowd, packed like sardines on to the pitch and crammed into the terraces on three sides of Bristol City's Ashton Gate ground, were never going to let a spot of bad weather take the edge off the jubilant proceedings. 'They arrived in marvellous humour. They sang, clapped, danced and chanted with all the gusto they could muster. 'The weather stayed kind throughout the warm-up proceedings. Indeed, the Stones were half-way through their long show when dark clouds rumbled overhead and the rain came down.

[www.flickr.com]

I don't remember this at all (but then neither do you.?)...oh well,maybe just too absorbed in dancing.....EddieByword.....(Still a crap title though...A brief downpour in the early evening hardly constitutes a 'Rainy Night')....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 14:17 by EddieByword.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home