Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Technical question ?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 16, 2010 02:33

Any help appreciated.... I just tried to burn a DVD, Keith Richards, Buenos Aires 5.11.1992. I got the following message;

File reallocation failed: DVD specification violation detected.....

I tried using both DVD-R and DVD+R...neither worked....

It doesn't say anything about it needing a dual layer or anything like that. I was hoping someone has come across this problem and can help me solve it....Although I've also recently had a problem with The Palais Royale 2002 DVD other burns have been O.K. Any suggestions,,,Thanks of course in advance, EddieByword

This is the link to the download:
I used the Megaupload link.

[www.iorr.org]

I just tried another one....East Rutherford 16.10.1997.(Gigasize)..This time;

File reallocation failed. File size not a multiple of a logical block size ( 2KB )

Anyone speak Swahili ? Anybody know what this stuff means ? Thanks if someone knows anything.......EddieByword

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-16 04:10 by EddieByword.

Re: Technical question ?
Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: December 16, 2010 02:56

It sounds like it may have to do with the files themselves, since you have burned others without any problems. You don't give much info though. What program are you using to burn?

And are you following Urban's instructions about how, "you must delete the first part of the notes, KR BA92 Extra DVD VTS_01_3.VOB, you must delete in this example the red part not the blue part"?

Did you do that, in order to end up with the right file names?

Date: December 16, 2010 03:08

bustedtrousers
It sounds like it may have to do with the files themselves, since you have burned others without any problems. You don't give much info though. What program are you using to burn?

And are you following Urban's instructions about how, "you must delete the first part of the notes, KR BA92 Extra DVD VTS_01_3.VOB, you must delete in this example the red part not the blue part"?

Did you do that, in order to end up with the right file names?
Thanks for replying Bustedtrousers....I used Tugzip to extract which went O.K. and use Nero 6 Ultra to burn. I deleted the front of the file names as per the instructions for the Gigasize download (East Rutherford) although you don't need to do that with the Megaupload (Buenos Aires) - they come already with the exact correct filename - as I say I'm following the same process as with others ie putting all the files in a folder called VIDEO_TS and burning from that but for some reason ????? Thanks anyway, Eddie

Date: December 16, 2010 06:16

Jeesh, I dunno either, Eddie. Without actually being there to see what your doing, it's hard to say. You could try to just select all the files, and then drop them into Nero without the folder itself. I don't recall if you can do that in Nero. I use NTI, and with that you can.

Have you double checked to make sure the files are all in the correct order, along with the correct names? If I'm not mistaken, Urban gives a list of that.

Chances are, it's something simple. I had a horrible time with Urban's files the first couple times I burnt them. I forget exactly what the problem was, but it was a stupidly simple thing on my part.

Date: December 16, 2010 13:40

bustedtrousers
Jeesh, I dunno either, Eddie. Without actually being there to see what your doing, it's hard to say. You could try to just select all the files, and then drop them into Nero without the folder itself. I don't recall if you can do that in Nero. I use NTI, and with that you can.

Have you double checked to make sure the files are all in the correct order, along with the correct names? If I'm not mistaken, Urban gives a list of that.

Chances are, it's something simple. I had a horrible time with Urban's files the first couple times I burnt them. I forget exactly what the problem was, but it was a stupidly simple thing on my part.
Cheers Busted... yep, your instinct was correct, there was an extra file in the Buenos Aires folder that I tried to burn (When compared with Urban's 'This is what you should have' list). I deleted that but still got the same message. When I got this message I also got a message saying that I could continue with the burn if I wanted but the disc may be unplayable.
I put the same post on 'Hotsuff' and The Don replied...He said he'd come across this himself and he's found it's O.K. to just carry on with the burn...he suggested experimenting with a CDRW first so not to waste a disc....so...I'm doing that now, thanks alot for your help..I let you know if the burn is O.K. when I get the time to watch it all through, Cheers, Eddie

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2010 14:13

EddieByword
Any help appreciated.... I just tried to burn a DVD, Keith Richards, Buenos Aires 5.11.1992. I got the following message;

File reallocation failed: DVD specification violation detected.....

I tried using both DVD-R and DVD+R...neither worked....

It doesn't say anything about it needing a dual layer or anything like that. I was hoping someone has come across this problem and can help me solve it....Although I've also recently had a problem with The Palais Royale 2002 DVD other burns have been O.K. Any suggestions,,,Thanks of course in advance, EddieByword

This is the link to the download:
I used the Megaupload link.

[www.iorr.org]

I just tried another one....East Rutherford 16.10.1997.(Gigasize)..This time;

File reallocation failed. File size not a multiple of a logical block size ( 2KB )

Anyone speak Swahili ? Anybody know what this stuff means ? Thanks if someone knows anything.......EddieByword

For the last time: Get a Mac.smiling smiley

Date: December 17, 2010 00:41

EddieByword
bustedtrousers

Cheers Busted... yep, your instinct was correct, there was an extra file in the Buenos Aires folder that I tried to burn (When compared with Urban's 'This is what you should have' list). I deleted that but still got the same message. When I got this message I also got a message saying that I could continue with the burn if I wanted but the disc may be unplayable.
I put the same post on 'Hotsuff' and The Don replied...He said he'd come across this himself and he's found it's O.K. to just carry on with the burn...he suggested experimenting with a CDRW first so not to waste a disc....so...I'm doing that now, thanks alot for your help..I let you know if the burn is O.K. when I get the time to watch it all through, Cheers, Eddie
Bustedtrousers..... Just to let you know what happened.... I took The Don's advice and carried on with the burn...once I clicked to burn I got another message saying "Burn can be done but with Non-critical errors" so I carried on ...After I got a message "Burn successful but with warnings"....so that was O.k ...Thanks again for your help, Eddie.

Date: December 17, 2010 01:51

Your very welcome, Eddie. Glad I could be of some help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home