Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

is satisfaction a fraud??
Posted by: keithumb ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:26

check this link out

Re: is satisfaction a fraud??
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:27

Can't see the link. If it is the story about Otis...no truth to it. Steve Cropper even denied it.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:31

Some striking similarities I must say. Do you know exactly when that was recorded?
But as Picasso said, bad artists copy, great artists steal. Chek this clip out:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 23:32 by The Worst..

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:38

The Worst.
Some striking similarities I must say. Do you know exactly when that was recorded?
But as Picasso said, bad artists copy, great artists steal. Chek this clip out:

according to their original drummer, it was recorded in the second or third week June, 1965

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:38

Interesting first post in the comments section...

[musicmasteroldies.blogspot.co.uk]

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 30, 2012 23:42

Wow, if that came out first, it's clearly a rip off. Alas, the scoreboard shows the winners.

Date: November 30, 2012 23:48

It was released in August 1965. winking smiley

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:07

I think it's pretty obvious they were copying (or paying homage, however you want to put it) The Stones. That drummer (if that's who he is, but the post looks pretty legit) is telling the truth, then it was being recorded around the same time Satisfaction was being released in the U.S. He says they played it live before Satisfaction came out, but in what form? They could have been playing the same song, just with different chords or vocal melody, etc. The song could have already been written/performed and then influenced by Satisfaction.

These two songs are way too close for it to be coincidence, so either one of two things happened. The more likely scenario, is that when "Warden & His Fugitives" went into the recording studio they were influenced by The Stones, who had the biggest record around at the time. The second, and less likely, is that somebody from The Stones caught a live performance of this So. Cal garage band and copied the song before they got a chance to record it themselves.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:10

Ruh roh!

Date: December 1, 2012 00:12

It's obvious the drummer is just mis remebering a bit, but yeah maybe they had a song with the same title, but it's obvious that if they did it became like Satisfaction.

Probably far more simple and they simply 'wrote' a new tune which heavily ripped of satisfaction when it came out in June, which they then played through the summer. thumbs up

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:15

I wrote Satisfaction.

Posted by: salty ()
Date: December 1, 2012 01:37

Perhaps thats why he couldn't get any satisfaction - because he wrote it and the Stones stole it off him and had the hit with it. Ironic really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home