Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Interesting interview Bill Wyman
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:13

Hi guys,

You have propably seen this but I just can across it on youtube.
It's an old interview from '91 with Bill Wyman. I found it sort of refreshing to listen to him. He doesn't say anything new but he sounds honest and just tells how the band function and stuff. Have a listen.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: Interesting interview Bill Wyman
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:23

Wuudy
Hi guys,

You have propably seen this but I just can across it on youtube.
It's an old interview from '91 with Bill Wyman. I found it sort of refreshing to listen to him. He doesn't say anything new but he sounds honest and just tells how the band function and stuff. Have a listen.

Excellent interview, I've got to say that to me Bill Wyman is the man, the main reason why I took up the bass was to be able to play like Wyman! It was through seeing the Rhythm Kings by chance a few years ago that I got into the Stones. Nice man by all accounts and very good to his fans..and a damn good bass player may I add!
Thanks for the music Bill smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 1, 2012 11:58

Yes, it is an interesting interview, because it reveals that Bill was most definitely set to leave The Stones by that time and get on with the rest of his life, but that there was no point in announcing it when the band was planning on not being active for a couple of years. "We're not 25 anymore," he mentions a couple of times.

Also revealing is an observation he made about replacing band members that made me think of a lot of the discussions/debates here on IORR. He said that if the bass player leaves, get another bass player. If the drummer quits, get another drummer. "We're all replaceable, except Mick," he says. He points out that the casual fan, which makes up the majority of the concert-going audience will only be going there to see Mick Jagger mainly, or maybe Keith Richards. He acknowledges that it would be a different band with another bass player, but only musicians who listen to The Stones would know or care, unlike the casual fan who would still keep going to the concerts and buying the records not really caring whether or not Brian Taylor is still in the band.

Date: November 1, 2012 12:22

stonesnow
Yes, it is an interesting interview, because it reveals that Bill was most definitely set to leave The Stones by that time and get on with the rest of his life, but that there was no point in announcing it when the band was planning on not being active for a couple of years. "We're not 25 anymore," he mentions a couple of times.

Also revealing is an observation he made about replacing band members that made me think of a lot of the discussions/debates here on IORR. He said that if the bass player leaves, get another bass player. If the drummer quits, get another drummer. "We're all replaceable, except Mick," he says. He points out that the casual fan, which makes up the majority of the concert-going audience will only be going there to see Mick Jagger mainly, or maybe Keith Richards. He acknowledges that it would be a different band with another bass player, but only musicians who listen to The Stones would know or care, unlike the casual fan who would still keep going to the concerts and buying the records not really caring whether or not Brian Taylor is still in the band.

It was touching to see at the Bluesfest gig back in June that when Ronnie announced Bill the entire place went nuts and Bill stayed on stage a few minutes at the end and had a standing ovation. I have no doubt that when he walks on stage later this month the roof of the 02 will be raised smileys with beer

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 12:35

It's like listening to Alan Davies!

(One for the British posters - Jonathan Creek)

Date: November 1, 2012 12:49

GravityBoy
It's like listening to Alan Davies!

(One for the British posters - Jonathan Creek)

Christ thats a blast from the past haha, although I reckon Bill would be good on QI

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 1, 2012 14:34

Interesting indeed. He seems much happier nowadays, in this 1991 one clip he seems rather sad. He had gone through private troubles and was not happy in the Stones. I find it admireable that he gave his life a new start and got things done, after all he was already in his fifties then.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 14:37

What's sad is that they don't/didn't have personal relationships with each other.

It's cold hard business.

Not interested in ANYTHING the others might have been up to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home