Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ron Wood on U.K. TV - (Shooting stars 10.00 - 30.12.2010) + "At home with Keith" + "Jagger's Jukebox" download links.
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 9, 2010 15:47

BBC2 - Ronnie Wood was on Shooting Stars on 30 December at 22.00
Strettonbull says he'll be posting "Shooting Stars" for all the overseas IORRians over on Hotstuff shortly.

BBC radio 2.....
10.00PM - 12.00 Midnight...
"At home with Keith Richards"
[www.megaupload.com]
Upload and Link - Courtesy of Strettonbull

BBC Radio 2......
12 Noon - 2.00 PM
Jagger's Jukebox (Repeat)

Link.Jagger's Jukebox disc 1; [www.megaupload.com]
Link Jagger's Jukebox disc 2; [www.megaupload.com]
Links courtesy of Deltics

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-31 13:35 by EddieByword.

Re: Two for the diary
Posted by: belld ()
Date: December 9, 2010 16:53

Many thanks. I will pour a very large glass of whisky light a Havana and enjoy.

Date: December 9, 2010 22:26

bump

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 9, 2010 22:30

Could be fun. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 11, 2010 19:29

up

Date: December 13, 2010 15:37

up

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 22:59

Jagger's was nice, a great collection of early 70s stuff. For someone who professes to despise nostalgia, Jagger seemed to really enjoy looking back during the Exile re-release. It was actually his choice to focus on songs he was listening to in 1971, tieing into the re-release.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 13, 2010 23:06

That's me sorted...big spliff and fire roaring

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2010 00:43

The 'Jagger's Jukebox' special was superb, I thought.

'At home with Keith Richards' - the title reminds me of that absolutely surreal 'At home with The Moons' thing from a few years ago with the former Who drummer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-14 00:43 by Gazza.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 14, 2010 00:46

Jagger's Jukebox was good.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 14, 2010 00:46

Jagger's Jukebox still available here:
Part 1: [www.megaupload.com]
Part 2; [www.megaupload.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 14, 2010 03:19

stupidguy2
Jagger's was nice, a great collection of early 70s stuff. For someone who professes to despise nostalgia, Jagger seemed to really enjoy looking back during the Exile re-release. It was actually his choice to focus on songs he was listening to in 1971, tieing into the re-release.
I always thought this "For someone who professes to despise nostalgia," was more to do with journalists constantly asking about things like TVs going out of hotel windows, naked girls on planes and you know what I mean all that Nellcote stuff rather than his taste in music etc or even the warhorse setlists which if you check the polls on Reno's Stones site the 'public' do seem to demand.........I've noticed a couple of times journalists posing questions about the past which to my perception (and Mick Jagger's I sense from the irritated look on his face) seem to be loaded with an implication that he should be yearning for those 'halcyon' days of the late 60's & early 70's. It seems pretty clear to me that from his answers and often body language that from his own point of view if it wasn't for the demands of the public & probaly the record company (although the cash is obviously not to be sniffed at) those tapes & films would have stayed in the cupboard. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I do sense and understand how someone could get really pi$$ed off with being told how great they were when they were 25/35,( and another implication there being of course how $hit they are now)......... essentially being made a slave by public opinion of their own ghostlike younger self...must be quite a thing to deal with. Not a criticism of your observations btw stupidguy2, it's just I've always interpreted that statement of Mick Jagger's to be Stones history specific rather than general...(so as this is a Stones chat forum I thought I'd say).........Cheers, EddieByword

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-14 04:44 by EddieByword.

Date: December 17, 2010 01:01

up

Date: December 20, 2010 18:30

up

Date: December 23, 2010 12:37

up

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 23, 2010 13:34

Re: Three for the diary
Date: December 24, 2010 12:39

up

Date: December 26, 2010 23:40

up

Date: December 28, 2010 14:25

up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 28, 2010 14:27

More details here:

[www.iorr.org]

Date: December 28, 2010 20:57

bump

Re: Three for the diary. (One tonight)
Date: December 29, 2010 03:06

up

Re: Two for the diary. + "At home with Keith" - download on Hotstuff
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 29, 2010 03:44

this getting close to being uploaded ?
im stuck in a studio playing Taylor Swift, Cee LoGreen and Enrique songs

me needs me Keef

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 29, 2010 04:03

Deathgod
this getting close to being uploaded ?
im stuck in a studio playing Taylor Swift, Cee LoGreen and Enrique songs

me needs me Keef

Give the man a chance - programme only aired two hours ago and it's 2 a.m. in the UK!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 29, 2010 04:12

no probs !
is 1pm in OZ

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2010 08:20

We've seen plenty of Keith Richards, the rock 'n' roll maverick, and the legendary Rolling Stone has been commanding even more headlines than usual since the publication of his autobiography. This conversation with Paul Sexton, recorded at Keith's Connecticut home, adds a personal dimension. For Radio 2 listeners, it's "all back to Keith's" as he chats about his incredible life and times in the relaxed surroundings of his own living room.

Sexton has interviewed Richards, and his fellow Stones, on countless occasions over the past 15 years and this is reflected in the candid and often amusing nature of the exchange. Keith vividly describes controversial moments, memorable encounters, guitar heroes and proud achievements - including a memoir that debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list.

Richards describes his house and surroundings as he sits in front of a portrait of himself, revealing that it was created and then presented to him by a close, and very famous, friend. He discusses his devotion to the guitar, including the surprising confession: "I'm not a lead guitar player, basically, and never wanted to be". He also talks about his all-time favourite players: "I wanted to meet Scottty Moore more than I wanted to meet Elvis Presley." He also remembers the solo on a Stones classic that was critiqued by a certain good friend called John Lennon.

The wide-ranging chat also covers the first record Keith ever bought, comic escapades on the road, his adulation of icons from Robert Johnson to Chuck Berry, how the Stones continue to extend the frontiers as rock's ultimate survivors, what they might be doing in 2011, and much more besides - including his thoughts on Mick Jagger, his creative partner of nearly half a century.

The two hours are packed with colourful stories of an unparalleled life and illustrated with some of the best music of the past 50 years, made both by Keith and some of his own idols.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: December 29, 2010 23:06

Unfortunately nothing listed for a repeat on Radio 2. (I fell asleep after 15 mins but it sounded excellent). Wish that I had stuck a minidisc in now. Still available for UK listeners on demand though for 6 days.

Re: One for the diary. + "At home with Keith" + "Jagger's Jukebox" download links.
Date: December 30, 2010 00:32

CaptainGlassback -----you can download it at the top of this thread if you want.....

Re: One for the diary. + "At home with Keith" + "Jagger's Jukebox" download links.
Date: December 30, 2010 15:31

up

Re: One for the diary.(Ron Wood on U.K. TV tonight, 10.35) + "At home with Keith" + "Jagger's Jukebox" download links.
Date: December 30, 2010 20:28

bump

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home