Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Inaccuracies in Life?
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 26, 2010 16:31

Cheers Bliss - it's ordered. And by the way, I agree 100% with your analysis of the Keith/Mick and Black Guys. Keith is very different in manty ways to Jagger and as you rightly point out Jagger has always surrounded himself with the upper eschalons of any sphere he happens to be moving in, whereas Keith tends to keep it real with musicians and all he is saying is that he feels more comfortable in their company than white musicians etc and that they accept him as an honorary black guy.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 26, 2010 19:10

Ha ha, hold on to your hat, c_m; Spanish Tony provides some shockers for even the most hardened Stones fans.

But it's my favourite Stones book and many others feel the same way.

Date: December 26, 2010 20:43

lol...wonderful - can't wait

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 26, 2010 20:45

crumbling_mice
Cheers Bliss - it's ordered. And by the way, I agree 100% with your analysis of the Keith/Mick and Black Guys. Keith is very different in manty ways to Jagger and as you rightly point out Jagger has always surrounded himself with the upper eschalons of any sphere he happens to be moving in, whereas Keith tends to keep it real with musicians and all he is saying is that he feels more comfortable in their company than white musicians etc and that they accept him as an honorary black guy.

so you think mick is a social climber, whereas keith keeps it real? That's strange... keith says exactly the same thing! Ain't it funny that you two could come to the same conclusion?

might be valuable to get an actual black musician's perspective on the notion of an "honorary black guy."

Date: December 26, 2010 21:10

That's how it works my friend...you read something written by someone and thereby learn that information - obviously it came from Keith! The only black guys who could confirm or deny this information are the ones who hang around with Keith, otherwise its mere supposition. I got my info from what is in several books and magazine interviews...where would yours be from?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 26, 2010 21:26

information isn't at issue, but perception. And you're certainly entitled to align your perception with keith's--and specifically, with what keith publicizes as his perception (what he really thinks may be something different, maybe something more honest and humble). But that's sure to be only partially aligned with reality.

Date: December 26, 2010 21:36

I don't think anybody's perceptions are remotely near reality!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 27, 2010 17:06

WeLoveYou
The book uses American english, even though the author(s) are British.

But 'mum' is used instead of 'mom', isn't it?

It's entirely unnatural for a British person to use Americanisms. It's just poor editing by - I presume - the American editors.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 27, 2010 21:25

I have read chapter one, so far a good read. I don't know if its all true or not.

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 27, 2010 22:56

I just got LIFE for Christmas. I'm about 40 pages in but the first thing that struck me was the Fordyce, AK bust that begins the book. Keith describes the town as being besieged by 2,000+ media and Stones fans. If that was the case why have I, as a dedicated Stones-o-phile, never seen a photo or a second of film of same?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 27, 2010 22:58

R
I just got LIFE for Christmas. I'm about 40 pages in but the first thing that struck me was the Fordyce, AK bust that begins the book. Keith describes the town as being besieged by 2,000+ media and Stones fans. If that was the case why have I, as a dedicated Stones-o-phile, never seen a photo or a second of film of same?
Welcome to Life.grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 27, 2010 23:07

I'm afraid that there is quite a lot of inaacuries throughout the book and whilst some people on here don't consider that as very important, I do. If I'm going to read a book about a rock musicians life then I expect it to based on reality or as near as damn it. Many of the inaccuries are simple things a few seconds of research on the internet could have corrected. Timelines etc are important and if these things are incorrect, then why not write any bleeding thing you like.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 27, 2010 23:10

ROCKMAN

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 27, 2010 23:15

crumbling_mice
I'm afraid that there is quite a lot of inaacuries throughout the book and whilst some people on here don't consider that as very important, I do. Timelines etc are important and if these things are incorrect, then why not write any bleeding thing you like.

Size is important too

Date: December 27, 2010 23:24

proudmary
crumbling_mice
I'm afraid that there is quite a lot of inaacuries throughout the book and whilst some people on here don't consider that as very important, I do. Timelines etc are important and if these things are incorrect, then why not write any bleeding thing you like.

Size is important too

Lmfao, that did make me laugh !

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:06

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 28, 2010 01:42

It's my live ....remember.......and I do what I want

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 30, 2010 17:13

Inaccuracy : the 5hit Keith dumps on Springsteen(I don't remember the exact words) but keith probably hasn't been at a Springsteen's show because Bruce and The E street band deliver on stage. It's true that it's a different experience than a Rolling Stones show. Bruce actually communicates with the audience, the audience is part of the show and it's very electrifying to be there. Well Keef doesn't like Bruce,fine . . .
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 30, 2010 18:22

Rockman

................................Keith Richards 1997

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 15, 2011 01:54

Watching a Chess documentary just now and Marshall Chess all out says the muddy painting the ceiling thing is complete bullshit!

As for Marshall being a kid, he was same age as Brian and at that time was very much involved in Chess.

Date: January 15, 2011 13:17

This statement "They think I'm one anyway"...there's a difference between what someone lets you believe, and/or what he truly believes.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home