Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

One last shot? Keith? Or Mick on Vocals?
Posted by: TRS ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:00

Anyone know anything about this tune?

Re: One last shot? Keith? Or Mick on Vocals?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:03

I assume if they call it a Keith tune, that means Keith on vocals. And I'm sure he's done everything he possibly could in the last 7 years to try and improve and preserve what vocal range he has left.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:05

24FPS
I assume if they call it a Keith tune, that means Keith on vocals. And I'm sure he's done everything he possibly could in the last 7 years to try and improve and preserve what vocal range he has left.

Mick has sung a lot of Keith-penned songs, from Ruby Tuesday to Angie to Beast of Burden. I wouldn't assume anything either way.

Date: October 14, 2012 06:14

Send It To me
24FPS

Mick has sung a lot of Keith-penned songs, from Ruby Tuesday to Angie to Beast of Burden. I wouldn't assume anything either way.

I'm speaking post-Tattoo You, when they became more polarized, and more like Lennon-McCartney, where the vocalist almost always wrote the bulk of the song. Has Keith ever sang a Mick written song?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 14, 2012 06:52

24FPS
Send It To me
24FPS

I'm speaking post-Tattoo You, when they became more polarized, and more like Lennon-McCartney, where the vocalist almost always wrote the bulk of the song. Has Keith ever sang a Mick written song?

..maybe that's part of the accountable version of why they don't get along as well as they used to.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: October 14, 2012 07:39

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 14, 2012 08:28

24FPS
Send It To me
24FPS

Keith only sings about 15% of the lead vocals - I assume he writes more than 15% of the music.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:16

I'm speaking post-Tattoo You, when they became more polarized, and more like Lennon-McCartney, where the vocalist almost always wrote the bulk of the song. Has Keith ever sang a Mick written song?[/quote]

Before they make me run.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:38

Just hope it's not a ballad. If it is I will immediately take a pee break...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:50

Stoneage
Just hope it's not a ballad. If it is I will immediately take a pee break...

It was reported that both tracks are up-tempo rockers.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 14, 2012 11:02

Does someone noticed that since the track list of Grrr has been published , the name of the track is "One More Shot" and not "One Last Shot" just to say...

HMN

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:53

Well I'm hoping it's Keith but I don't like my chances. Hopefully it has come from the Keith/Steve Jordan sessions.

Date: October 14, 2012 13:29

It's a rocker with Mick on vocals.

Posted by: TRS ()
Date: October 14, 2012 16:15

DandelionPowderman
It's a rocker with Mick on vocals.
Really that's what I was hoping for.

Date: October 14, 2012 19:15

windmelody

Before they make me run.[/quote]

Mick Jagger wrote Before They Make Me Run? Okay.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 14, 2012 19:27

I wonder if we'll ever get a new Keith rocker sung by him.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2012 19:37

TRS
Anyone know anything about this tune?

Keith is the main writer of the song, but its Mick singing it AFAIK. And its a rocker.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 14, 2012 19:42

I've asked to same question and was told (perhaps by the same people answering in this thread) that MIck sings it. IT's a good chance to ask then... how do yo uguys know this? I"m afraid it WILL be Keith singing, and in 2012, I don't think that's a good thing.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 14, 2012 21:01

Chuck said Mick sings it in an interview.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2012 21:05

Its called 'One More Shot', incidentally.

Its kinda funny that the correct titles of BOTH new songs have been misreported over and over!

Posted by: max56 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 21:09

charlie will sing

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home