Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: "LOSING LENNON - Countdown To Murder" Special on CNN - Repeat TONIGHT (Sunday 12/5)
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 8, 2010 08:20

..and today it's 8 december 30 years later..BRRRRRR....sad smiley

2 1 2 0

Re: OT: JOHN LENNON - Gone 30 Years Ago Today (Dec. 8th).
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 8, 2010 09:55

R.I.P. John, you are missed.

I post this little interview, that I just saw yesterday. Interesting part is betvween 0.45-1.30 where John is positive about the possibility of a Beatles reunion. I did't have any idea he was ever positive about that. It was a surprise to me.

Anyway, I go to listen to some of the John's music. The best way to remember him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 09:57 by Happy24.

Date: December 8, 2010 10:14

we miss you so much Johnsad smiley Thank you for your wonderful music, we love you!
Give Peace a Chance

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 8, 2010 10:24

it was the 9th, in his home country, and i remember that awful day very well.

So very sad.

Re: OT: JOHN LENNON - Gone 30 Years Ago Today (Dec. 8th). Video Tribute, Page 3
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: December 8, 2010 11:10

I remember that interview HAPPY. It made all of us hope it was gonna happen sooner or later. Elliot Mintz later became John and Yoko's personal assistant. Here's some great Lennon/Beatle music -

TWIST AND SHOUT/BABY'S IN BLACK/I'M DOWN/HELP - SHEA STADIUM '65 NY

DON'T LET ME DOWN (Roof top concert - LONDON '69, Great Quality)

IMAGINE Live NYC '71 (acoustic version - rare)

COME TOGETHER Live In NYC '72

LOVE

HIS MUSIC WILL LIVE FOREVER - R.I.P. JOHN... you are greatly missed

Re: love & light
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 8, 2010 11:18

love & light to John - thanks & praises, love & light

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 8, 2010 13:32

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: December 8, 2010 14:04

brianwalker

You total prick. Obviously Lennon had failings (I suspect even you have a few). Most people like Lennon because of his music. If he used his fame to draw attention to issues he believed in, fine he won’t be the last to do so. If his attitude to issues changed as he got older, fine whose don't? What he did in his personal life is not the issue today – nobody is perfect – not even you.

Edited to remove expletive

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 18:17 by Captain Teague.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 8, 2010 17:42

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 8, 2010 18:40

There has been a lot of critiscism towards the Stones 80's disco flirt. But today I heard on BBC one of the last things Lennon recorded with Yoko, it was called something like "walking on thin ice", and my god that was as 80's disco as anything could get. Yet the myth of Lennon's authenticity survives. Maybe the problem for the Stones is that they are still alive?

Posted by: ALEXSTONE ()
Date: December 8, 2010 18:43

sad smiley

Very sad day for the music ...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 8, 2010 19:02

Lennon's Final Interview Released

Posted on Wednesday December 8, 2010 at 06:01 AM Add |
.Three days before he was gunned down, John Lennon complained about his critics - saying they were just interested in "dead heroes" - and talked optimistically about his family and future, musing that he had "plenty of time" to accomplish some of his life goals.

Lennon's final interview was released to The Associated Press by Rolling Stone on Wednesday, the 30th anniversary of the musician's death. The issue using the full interview will be on magazine stands on Friday. While brief excerpts of Jonathan Cott's interview with Lennon were released for a 1980 Rolling Stone cover story days after Lennon's death, this is the first time the entire interview has been published.

"His words are totally joyous and vibrant and hopeful and subversive and fearless," said Cott in an interview on Tuesday. "He didn't mince words."

Lennon saves some of his harshest words for critics who were perennially disappointed with Lennon's path, in both music and in his life, after leaving the Beatles.

"These critics with the illusions they've created about artists - it's like idol worship," he said. "They only like people when they're on their way up ... I cannot be on the way up again.

"What they want is dead heroes, like Sid Vicious and James Dean. I'm not interesting in being a dead (expletive) hero. .. So forget 'em, forget 'em."

He also predicted that Bruce Springsteen, then hailed as rock's bright future, would endure the same critical barbs: "And God help Bruce Springsteen when they decide he's no longer God. ... They'll turn on him, and I hope he survives it."

But Lennon also talked about trying to be a good father to his youngest son Sean, learning how to relate to a child (he admitted he wasn't good at play) and spoke of his strong bond with wife Yoko Ono: "I've selected to work with ... only two people: Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono. ... That ain't bad picking."

At 40, he was also reflective of what he had accomplished so far in life and exploring life's themes, and remained committed to his goal of peace and love on earth.

"I'm not claiming divinity. I've never claimed purity of soul. I've never claimed to have the answers to life. I only put out songs and answer questions as honestly as I can ... But I still believe in peace, love and understanding."

Cott interviewed Lennon at his apartment and at his record studio. The interview was originally planned for a cover story for Lennon and Ono's upcoming album Double Fantasy, but in the rush to put out a story after Lennon was shot to death by Mark David Chapman, only snippets were used.

Cott said he never went back to the three hours worth of tapes until a few months ago when he was cleaning out his closet.

"On a strip of magnetic tape, it was sort of a miracle that first of all, the tape had not degraded after 30 years," he said. "All of this sudden, this guy's voice, totally alive ... just made me feel so inspired that I felt that I should really transcribe the whole thing."

Cott said he was struck by how much he was thinking about his life and mortality.

"There were a lot of strange consideration of where he was and what he felt like sort of in the middle of his journey," Cott said. "I think it was like a mid-life meditation, I was struck by that."

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: December 9, 2010 14:54

thabo
There has been a lot of critiscism towards the Stones 80's disco flirt. But today I heard on BBC one of the last things Lennon recorded with Yoko, it was called something like "walking on thin ice", and my god that was as 80's disco as anything could get. Yet the myth of Lennon's authenticity survives. Maybe the problem for the Stones is that they are still alive?

I don't know what version you heard thabo. This is the original, this is the one Lennon was working on (and carrying the tape of I assume) the night he was shot. I think it's one of the best things Yoko's ever done (and I'm no giant fan) There are "discoed-up" versions but I find this one , the original, kind of haunting and moody in a slightly dark way. It works for me....

Re: OT: JOHN LENNON - Gone 30 Years Ago - 12/8. Video Tribute (+ Walking on Thin Ice), Page 3
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 9, 2010 20:32

RIP John Lennon and DIE IN PRISON Mark Chapman

Re: OT: JOHN LENNON - Gone 30 Years Ago - 12/8. Video Tribute (+ Walking on Thin Ice), Page 3
Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 9, 2010 22:50

Very sad - I miss this guy a lot.

Re: OT: "LOSING LENNON - Countdown To Murder" Special on CNN - Repeat TONIGHT (Sunday 12/5)
Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 9, 2010 23:10

brianwalker
I guess I am not allowed to post anything about Lennon that people consider negative. That makes one a troll. I had a thread delated. So I will go with the flow. Here it goes.

lennon was the freaking greatest human being that ever lived. I mean lying in bed for peace. That proved what a great human being he was obviously. I mean lying in bed for peace obviously would solve all thw worlds problems. I wish today's singers would start doing that. The world would be a much better place obviously. Any siner today that calls the press around to watch him lie in bed for peace would get my vote as one of the greatest humans ever. If rock stars would just lay in bed for peace no way would the terrorists attack us.

His imazine no posssens verse in the song as so freaking great. What a great man to see through all the bullcrap. It was great the way he followed his own dreams. I laugh when some actually consider that in America for the last 40 years people were actually living better then anyone else in history. lennon saw through all that bullcrap man. he saw what a crap society it was. And he lived his life accordingly.

He and his wife were so great when they went on TV and told the world that the gov't had no right to put anyone in jail. What a thinker. What a rebel. I know Yoko now fights any attempt by Chapman to get out of jail, so I think she is just mixed up now.

And yes what a great love story John and Yoko where. I mean obviously one the greatest love affairs ever. They kept telling us over and over and over again, so it had to be. I mean breaking up for years is just a sign that your love afair is one of the greatest. I laugh at couples who stay together for 50 years straight and do everything together. They actually think people in great love affairs don't have to split for years at a time. I mean thats the only way to prove your love. I know because JOh and Yoko have told everyone this in interviews at least 100 times. So obviously its true.

lennon was one of the greatest dads ever also. I know this because he told us over and over and over and over again in the late 70s. I mean the way a multi millianaire was actually there for his son was so touching. I mean he wasn't one pf those losers who left their kids everyday and went to work so they could support their family. Losers. Staying home in a million dollar appartment with hired hands to help you raise your kid is true love.I could never get enough of him telling us that he was taking care of his son. It proved to me what a great man he was. I mean he really looked after Julian, I mean Sean.

I was so looking foward to another album by him telling us all about himself. Proved again your greatness when you actually tell everyone about yourself over and over and over again. Guys who don't do that are losers frankly.

So is this enough worship.

Peace everyone, rememeber if we stop fighting, nobody will ever attack us again. i wish John was here to remind people of this again. Well at least Sean is teaching us.

And by the way I never said it was tragic that he was killed, obviously it was.

Interesting.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 10, 2010 01:45

All I can add to this is that I get physically ill every year on Dec 8 and usually it lingers all week....and on and on. It's really too much to absorb...I keep thinking how cheated we all have been, out of 30 years now...who know what would have been....would the Beatles have done one last show, one more album? SICK!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 10, 2010 02:13

As a tribute to John LENNON , INA.fr does it right.
Click on each thumbnail to see the whole footage

see here

INA archives

you could join'em after with some soft winking smiley

1 Pop Art Exhibit from the end of the 60's
2 clips of a french 1971 interview where even the non-french people could clearly listen to John LENNON
12 clips of a french 1975 interview (same as above for the non-french) with a short but awesome version of "Voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir"
1 original clip of War is Over advert

Total runnin' time more than 50 minutes

Grab'em while you can winking smiley

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-10 02:15 by Honestman.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: December 10, 2010 09:59

when i´m remebered by his music i´m always sad but also happy for this gift

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 9, 2011 08:47

A few years ago I heard a radio interview with Malcolm McDowell (star of A CLOCKWORK ORANGE) and McDowell said, "I was once sitting with Mick Jagger by window that looked out on the Dakota building where John Lennon lived. And as Mick looked out the window, he said, `That's where the governor lives.' By which he meant John Lennon. And I couldn't have agreed with him more."

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1370
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home