Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: "LOSING LENNON - Countdown To Murder" Special on CNN
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 5, 2010 20:38

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 5, 2010 22:09

Amsterdamned

Creepy.confused smiley

Re: OT: "LOSING LENNON - Countdown To Murder" Special on CNN - Repeat TONIGHT (Sunday 12/5)
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: December 5, 2010 22:34

Awww, man... do we really need the MURDERER to be given any attention at all? He's getting off on it. He has NOTHING to say. I don't usually believe in the "Death Sentence" (Capital Punishment) but here they could have made an exception, no problem by me....

I prefer the second half of this clip. I was there with those people in spirit - most of the entire world was crying....

Yoko talks about the Death of her husband

PS. GREAT ARTICLE BINGO (on page 1), THANKS

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 02:37

Amsterdamned

Man you shouldn't even have posted this crap! Seriously, this is exactly what the "unanamed subject" wanted! "To be more famous than John Lennon." Yoko refuses to use his name in any way, even in the letters to the parole board. I purposely avoid any exposure to this lunatic egomaniac. Interviews, movies about him, everything! Please don't post crap from this insane creep!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-06 02:43 by whitem8.

Re: OT: "LOSING LENNON - Countdown To Murder" Special on CNN - Repeat TONIGHT (Sunday 12/5)
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 02:56

I'm a big fan of MNF and back in the day I was a bit of a night owl .

I remember sitting in Suney's Pub in My hometown and feeling my jaw drop . This was shocking !! Not to many other deaths have affected me the way this one had .

Sad Day

Date: December 6, 2010 03:26

What more can be said? This was a tragic day for so many people around the world. So many strong emotions, anger, saddness, betrayal, disbelief. I still find it hard sometimes to believe he is actually gone.
I was in high school, and hard time for a lot of folks without something so sad as this. And I was/am a huge Beatles freak. They turned me on to music when I was 7, and I viraciously consumed anything related to them. And in particular, Lennon. I knew he was a flawed man, but his honesty was so compelling to a young impressionable teenager grappling with his own issues. I will never forget that night. I was settling down to bed on a school night. I always went to sleep listening to the radio...but didn't hear the news. My Mom popped in to my room as I was drifting to sleep and she said, "Matthew, John Lennon was shot in New York..." I was angry and frustrated with her, "go away, this can't be right...leave me alone." and I fell asleep...then the next morning I got up early to do my paper route and of course it was the headlines. And I was stunned. I numbly went through the motions of finishing the route, getting ready for school, and going to school. My first stop was to an English teacher who was very cool and another big influence. He would always let me and my friends go to his room during recess to listen to albums, and he would listen with us, commenting and turning us on to new music. And he too was a huge Beatles fan. As I walked into his first period room he was sitting ashen faced at his desk and the room was silent. Which was very unusual, there was always something cool going on there. And on his black board he had tapped up the Picture of Lennon from the White Album and underneath he wrote "silence please". I looked at him and we connected, no words were exchanged, and I walked out and I walked home from school. My mom was up by that time and I came in and I just said, "I can't do it, I can't stay at school today..." So I went back to my room and just slept all day. My Dad came in before dinner, and said he was so sorry for what happened and he knew how hard it was for me, and I just cried. And for a teenager that is momentous. I will never forget, and never understand.
Funnily enough while in college I always celebrated Lennon's B'day as opposed to his D'day. I would play his music and I had a Beatles mirror with their faces from Rubbersoul. On one B'day I thought it would be cool to burn four candles over each face while celebrating by listening to the music. By the time I was ready for bed I noticed that only the candle over lennons face had burned completely down and had gone out! No shit!
As I said above, I avoid hearing or seeing anything from the unamed subject that perpetrated the unspeakable and senseless violence on us all. His goal of being more famous than Lennon should never be fed by induldging in any type of focus on him. He is nothing. He is ash. He is gone.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 6, 2010 03:52

There's an American Rock band formed in 2008 from Springfield Missouri that call themselves Mark Chapman Band..there's three brothers in it Mark,Greg and Jeff Chapman.Even having the same name as Mark Chapman why would ya' want to use it in ya' Band name.Mark Chapman from Missouri surely must know what the other Mark Chapman done

Date: December 6, 2010 03:55

colonial
There's an American Rock band formed in 2008 from Springfield Missouri that call themselves Mark Chapman Band..there's three brothers in it Mark,Greg and Jeff Chapman.Even having the same name as Mark Chapman why would ya' want to use it in ya' Band name.Mark Chapman from Missouri surely must know what the other Mark Chapman done
Their used to be a band in San Francisco called The Dead Kennedys. Their is also a band called the Brian Jonestown Massacre. Some people just get off on being wierd.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 6, 2010 04:17

sweetcharmedlife
colonial
Their used to be a band in San Francisco called The Dead Kennedys. Their is also a band called the Brian Jonestown Massacre. Some people just get off on being wierd.
sweetcharmedlife..There can't be many families around that have so many songs written about them or have them mentioned in a song.. as the Kennedy family do.One of our Singer/Songwriters had a 1986 No.2 hit with.. (Glad Im) Not a Kennedy..it was also No.14 in the American charts the same year

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: December 6, 2010 05:48

I thought people by now would not even bring this miserable wretch up anymore

we all know never to speak it's name...

jeez get with it

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: December 6, 2010 15:48

CrissCrossMind
Awww, man... do we really need the MURDERER to be given any attention at all? He's getting off on it. He has NOTHING to say. I don't usually believe in the "Death Sentence" (Capital Punishment) but here they could have made an exception, no problem by me....

I prefer the second half of this clip. I was there with those people in spirit - most of the entire world was crying....

Yoko talks about the Death of her husband

PS. GREAT ARTICLE BINGO (on page 1), THANKS

For all of these people who were crying about a musician you didn't know, how the hell do you get by when a family member dies and your life is ACTUALLY effected?

Date: December 6, 2010 15:54

whitem8
Amsterdamned

Man you shouldn't even have posted this crap! Seriously, this is exactly what the "unanamed subject" wanted! "To be more famous than John Lennon." Yoko refuses to use his name in any way, even in the letters to the parole board. I purposely avoid any exposure to this lunatic egomaniac. Interviews, movies about him, everything! Please don't post crap from this insane creep!

The whole parole board thing sums up John and Yoko. Bunch of idiots with way too much time on their hands. They were on talk shows in the 70s telling everyone that the govt doesn't have the right to jail anyone. Rememeber that, actually in a yelling match with the audience about it.

But when they are effected, then people have to be jailed. Lennon was a great somgwriter, but a complete idiot as a person. I hate when people try to build him up to be something he wasn't. he was a joke.

I always rememember at the start of the 91 Gulf war, Yoke trots Sean Lennon out and he lectures everyone about way and peace. What was he about 14 at the time. Right then i know there were 3 Lennon's who were full of shit and took themselves way too seriously.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 6, 2010 16:41

brianwalker
For all of these people who were crying about a musician you didn't know, how the hell do you get by when a family member dies and your life is ACTUALLY effected?

This is a tad insensitive, don't you think, and rather insulting as well.
I think most people here recognize the difference between celebrity & family.

Nothing wrong with mourning the death of an influential person, even if you don't know him/her.

Date: December 6, 2010 17:02

brianwalker

How old are you? 14? What a silly (for lack of the stronger word I would prefer to use - wanna stay civil) question. I've had more death in my family and circle of close friends (not to mention tons in my business world/life) than ANYBODY I know - just had one lady I knew for decades die a month ago. How do you deal with it? You deal with it, that's how (either that or flip out and land in a mental hospital - not a realistic option IMO). You cry your eyes out (yes, I'm not too much of a "macho man" to cry when my emotions take me that way - I guess that makes me a big "girlie man" (ask me if I give a flyin' f-k what others think about that one). You get sad, depressed, and obviously miss that person (and cry when the feelings come).

One way I've been lucky (the "bright side" of a horrible situation) is all the deaths I've gone through have been natural (except for one that was a shooting, but that's America and it's love of "guns for everyone" - effing sick) By Lennon dying the way he did makes it SO much worse. If he had died from a heroin overdose or something careless there would be a whole different feeling about his passing. It's not if you knew the man or not it's if you related/connected to what he was singing/talking about. Obviously a lot of the world did connect (maybe you've noticed). You'll probably understand the whole "death concept" a lot better when Lady Gaga or Paris Hilton pass on.....

Date: December 6, 2010 17:14

brainwalker...
Good name.
You just don't get it.
So why try.
goodbye.
goodbye.
Mother.

Date: December 6, 2010 17:34

Edith Grove
brianwalker

Nothing wrong with mourning the death of an influential person, even if you don't know him/her.
Troll alert.eye popping smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 6, 2010 17:37

I was told about Johns death the next morning on my way to High School. I was wearing a Beatles t-shirt as usual. Then another classmate ran up to me and told me. Her name was Penny, I called her Penny Lane. Then I heard it again soon after from a teacher, then I believed it. To tell what John meant to me would be too lengthy and personal. Anyway, I understand Yokos opinion that we should celebrate John on his Birthday, but I can never forget this day. Matter of fact it's my own personal holiday, I usually take off from work. In my opinion John should have a holiday like Martin Luther King. He affected a lot of people in a positive way, and it continues. Wish I could hear what he would have to say about the affairs of today. R.I.P. John.

Date: December 6, 2010 17:47

sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
brianwalker

Troll alert.eye popping smiley

TROLL ALERT
Thank you SCL, we're sending out some of the Anti-Troll squad right now as I write this. Problem will be solved quickly. Thanks for the report. Captain Criss Cross

Date: December 6, 2010 18:02

Ever heard of freedom of speech? You like to shut people down for their opinions, join the nazi party. Lennon had no problem pissing people off in fact he was a moody mother F$#@%*!

Maybe you should change your name to Mean Mr. Mustard...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 6, 2010 18:21

Very sad day of course.
I recall it , since it was yesterday, I couldn't believe the news.
I was only 18, and it was also the first and only time in my life I've cried for a celebrity, because it was not only for the man, but for the whole thing.
To me , this day was really the end of the 60's, the dream was over...

HMN

Date: December 6, 2010 19:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-06 19:14 by Amsterdamned.

Date: December 6, 2010 19:16

sweetcharmedlife
Creepy.confused smiley
Amsterdamned

Very creepy..

Date: December 6, 2010 20:27

Who's Driving Your Plane?
Ever heard of freedom of speech? You like to shut people down for their opinions, join the nazi party. Lennon had no problem pissing people off in fact he was a moody mother F$#@%*!

Maybe you should change your name to Mean Mr. Mustard...
So that means the guy deserved to be shot?

Date: December 6, 2010 21:06

<Man you shouldn't even have posted this crap! Seriously, this is exactly what the "unanamed subject" wanted! "To be more famous than John Lennon." Yoko refuses to use his name in any way, even in the letters to the parole board. I purposely avoid any exposure to this lunatic egomaniac. Interviews, movies about him, everything! Please don't post crap from this insane creep!><whitem8>

Maybe you're right, but I'm always fascinated and interested by the reactions they provoke by people .....when it comes to their heroes.

At least that's the most interesting issue that keeps iorr.org running for me.
Topic or off topic.

As long as people don't call each other names.smiling smiley

Re: John Lennon
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 6, 2010 21:57

>> I still find it hard sometimes to believe he is actually gone. <<

Date: December 7, 2010 02:52

I guess I am not allowed to post anything about Lennon that people consider negative. That makes one a troll. I had a thread delated. So I will go with the flow. Here it goes.

lennon was the freaking greatest human being that ever lived. I mean lying in bed for peace. That proved what a great human being he was obviously. I mean lying in bed for peace obviously would solve all thw worlds problems. I wish today's singers would start doing that. The world would be a much better place obviously. Any siner today that calls the press around to watch him lie in bed for peace would get my vote as one of the greatest humans ever. If rock stars would just lay in bed for peace no way would the terrorists attack us.

His imazine no posssens verse in the song as so freaking great. What a great man to see through all the bullcrap. It was great the way he followed his own dreams. I laugh when some actually consider that in America for the last 40 years people were actually living better then anyone else in history. lennon saw through all that bullcrap man. he saw what a crap society it was. And he lived his life accordingly.

He and his wife were so great when they went on TV and told the world that the gov't had no right to put anyone in jail. What a thinker. What a rebel. I know Yoko now fights any attempt by Chapman to get out of jail, so I think she is just mixed up now.

And yes what a great love story John and Yoko where. I mean obviously one the greatest love affairs ever. They kept telling us over and over and over again, so it had to be. I mean breaking up for years is just a sign that your love afair is one of the greatest. I laugh at couples who stay together for 50 years straight and do everything together. They actually think people in great love affairs don't have to split for years at a time. I mean thats the only way to prove your love. I know because JOh and Yoko have told everyone this in interviews at least 100 times. So obviously its true.

lennon was one of the greatest dads ever also. I know this because he told us over and over and over and over again in the late 70s. I mean the way a multi millianaire was actually there for his son was so touching. I mean he wasn't one pf those losers who left their kids everyday and went to work so they could support their family. Losers. Staying home in a million dollar appartment with hired hands to help you raise your kid is true love.I could never get enough of him telling us that he was taking care of his son. It proved to me what a great man he was. I mean he really looked after Julian, I mean Sean.

I was so looking foward to another album by him telling us all about himself. Proved again your greatness when you actually tell everyone about yourself over and over and over again. Guys who don't do that are losers frankly.

So is this enough worship.

Peace everyone, rememeber if we stop fighting, nobody will ever attack us again. i wish John was here to remind people of this again. Well at least Sean is teaching us.

And by the way I never said it was tragic that he was killed, obviously it was.

Date: December 7, 2010 03:34

Brainwalker....
Oh dear, my you just don't get it do you. For one, no one is idealizing the man. He was a deeply flawed human being. And by no means is it hero worship to be saddened by his death. But your posts were so obviously mean spirited and nasty that you got the reaction you got. You then write a very sarcastic replay that tries to again insult everyone here who posted expressing their feelings of loss. You obviously can string sentences together and show critical thinking, so it should come as no surprise that folks would be somewhat ambivalent towards your arguments.
Again, the man was deeply flawed, but he was a dreamer. And he dared society to dream along with him. What's wrong with that...?

Anyhow, you obviously don't like the man, and can't appreciate his historical significance, so why post on a thread where people are expressing heart felt emotions of loss? Have you become that jaded and cynical that you need to deflate the dreams of others? Or why not just avoid the thread and contribute to threads that inspire you? Those are the heavy questions, and no one is saying censorship is good, but again there comes responsibility with free speech, don't cry fire in a crowded theater....

Date: December 7, 2010 11:05

brianwalker
I guess I am not allowed to post anything about Lennon that people consider negative. That makes one a troll. I had a thread delated. So I will go with the flow. Here it goes.

lennon was the freaking greatest human being that ever lived. I mean lying in bed for peace. That proved what a great human being he was obviously. I mean lying in bed for peace obviously would solve all thw worlds problems. I wish today's singers would start doing that. The world would be a much better place obviously. Any siner today that calls the press around to watch him lie in bed for peace would get my vote as one of the greatest humans ever. If rock stars would just lay in bed for peace no way would the terrorists attack us.

His imazine no posssens verse in the song as so freaking great. What a great man to see through all the bullcrap. It was great the way he followed his own dreams. I laugh when some actually consider that in America for the last 40 years people were actually living better then anyone else in history. lennon saw through all that bullcrap man. he saw what a crap society it was. And he lived his life accordingly.

He and his wife were so great when they went on TV and told the world that the gov't had no right to put anyone in jail. What a thinker. What a rebel. I know Yoko now fights any attempt by Chapman to get out of jail, so I think she is just mixed up now.

And yes what a great love story John and Yoko where. I mean obviously one the greatest love affairs ever. They kept telling us over and over and over again, so it had to be. I mean breaking up for years is just a sign that your love afair is one of the greatest. I laugh at couples who stay together for 50 years straight and do everything together. They actually think people in great love affairs don't have to split for years at a time. I mean thats the only way to prove your love. I know because JOh and Yoko have told everyone this in interviews at least 100 times. So obviously its true.

lennon was one of the greatest dads ever also. I know this because he told us over and over and over and over again in the late 70s. I mean the way a multi millianaire was actually there for his son was so touching. I mean he wasn't one pf those losers who left their kids everyday and went to work so they could support their family. Losers. Staying home in a million dollar appartment with hired hands to help you raise your kid is true love.I could never get enough of him telling us that he was taking care of his son. It proved to me what a great man he was. I mean he really looked after Julian, I mean Sean.

I was so looking foward to another album by him telling us all about himself. Proved again your greatness when you actually tell everyone about yourself over and over and over again. Guys who don't do that are losers frankly.

So is this enough worship.

Peace everyone, rememeber if we stop fighting, nobody will ever attack us again. i wish John was here to remind people of this again. Well at least Sean is teaching us.

And by the way I never said it was tragic that he was killed, obviously itwas.

And if Frank Zappa was still alive you would give him his vote for president, and George Duke for vice-president ?smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-07 11:06 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: loveyoulive75 ()
Date: December 7, 2010 19:28

brianwalker

Blah blah blah...

Idiot. Sorry, pal, but where do you get off posting this kind of blather here? You may not be a Lennon fan, fine, then stay out of the bleedin' discussion! Sure, John Lennon wasn't perfect; who the hell is? What have YOU done lately towards world peace? How are YOUR parenting skills? How many possessions do YOU own? Want me to keep goin' down the line, old sport?

It may be a terrible thing to say, Brian, but it'll sure suck to be you if you're still a member here (of course you will be; you'll just return under a different name if you're banned like all trolls do) the day Mick, Keith or Charlie dies. 'Cos I'd be willing to bet that to a lot of people here their deaths will be bigger than that of any family member.

Or are you just mad that you'll not get a CNN documentary of your own when you pass?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 7, 2010 23:52

A good book titled TERRORISM FOR SELF-GLORIFICATION: THE HEROSTRATOS SYNDROME includes a section on Lennon's killer because, even though not technically a terrorist, he, in his own words, "Wanted to steal Lennon's fame." The subtitle of the book comes from the burning of a sacred tower that was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World by a man named Herostratos in 356 BC. He burned the tower purely for fame. He was given the death penalty plus a ban was enforced preventing the mention of his name after he was dead. Obviously people didn't heed that ban, or we wouldn't know his name now. But that's why I avoid mentioning Lennon's killer's name whenever possible. (The 2005 book is by Albert Borowitz, and is worth reading.)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1443
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home