Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Exactly One Month To Historic 50th!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: December 1, 2010 07:35

On January 1, 2011 the Rolling Stones will enter their 50th year as a band! Of course the official 50th anniversary of the band isn't until July 12, 2012, and of course Charlie didn't officially become a member until the following January, (1963) nevertheless, January 1, 2011 will mark an historic milestone for the Rolling Stones and their legions of fans.

Re: Exactly One Month To Historic 50th!
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 1, 2010 12:40

It would have to take some sort of Catastrophic world event to knock The Rolling Stones off the front pages of every major Newspaper around the world on 12.7.2012

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 1, 2010 15:02

colonial
It would have to take some sort of Catastrophic world event to knock The Rolling Stones off the front pages of every major Newspaper around the world on 12.7.2012

You're kidding, right?

What kind of world do you live in?

Most people around the world are completely unaware of the Stones, most that are don't give a shit and most of the people who even buy their albums and go to their concerts would be totally unaware of the significance of the date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-01 15:05 by Gazza.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 1, 2010 16:44

The fans in Iran will be partying all night!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 1, 2010 16:50

I am hoping for the tour announcement some time soon. It's been a strange time. The rolling stones fan club just closed for good . . . . . I'm getting a bad feeling. Someone say something to get my hopes up please.

Date: December 1, 2010 17:00

Wow--Its a great time to be a Stones fan--------New Exile movie & remastered album as well as new music from that period.., Stones have a new record deal giving us some great remastered albums... Woodie just released his best album ever..Keith released his own book...

The movie L&G The Rollling Stones has been released on DVD...Not seen since 1974,,(other then boots)..
Lets Spend the Night together was released on dvd...

So for me its been a banner year for the band and for me..

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 1, 2010 19:10

drbryant
I am hoping for the tour announcement some time soon. It's been a strange time. The rolling stones fan club just closed for good . . . . . I'm getting a bad feeling. Someone say something to get my hopes up please.

if anything, I'd take that as a positive in many ways...

Date: December 1, 2010 19:39

True----No more money automatically taken from my credit card for membership ..ha

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 1, 2010 19:49

colonial

haha. Ummmm, ok.

Date: December 1, 2010 19:52

January 1st ? Wouldn't it be July 12th ?

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: December 1, 2010 19:57

This event "begs" for an archival release....BBC broadcasts perhaps, early demos, outtakes or previously unreleased material.....expanded 25 x 5 (50 x 5)........one wonders how much their recorded legacy means to the Stones

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 1, 2010 20:02

''Of course the official 50th anniversary of the band isn't until July 12, 2012''

So what gives with this January 1st 2011 crap!? confused smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 1, 2010 20:14

Rollin' Stoner
one wonders how much their recorded legacy means to the Stones

Nothing.

...unless Mick and crew sees how successful another act has done with their archival releases. That's when they'll usually jump the band wagon.

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: December 1, 2010 20:23

it's should be a national holiday

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 1, 2010 23:17

hot stuff

The movie L&G The Rollling Stones has been released on DVD...Not seen since 1974,,(other then boots)..

Not so. It played at art/revival houses and midnight movie on a regular basis up until the early 80's. Saw it many many many times during that period, including a couple of all-day "Stones Film Fests" at the Fox Venice Theatre which ran L&G, Gimme Shelter, TAMI Show, Charlie Is My Darling, Hyde Park, an edited version of One Plus One that had only the Stones parts, and a whole bunch of short films.

Yeah, an entire afternoon/evening/night watching the Stones on a big screen...it was pretty awesome.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 1, 2010 23:20

Damon
it's should be a national holiday

What country? confused smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 1, 2010 23:29

world wide...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: December 2, 2010 00:08

colonial

This is precisely the reason why the Royal wedding will not be on this date.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: December 2, 2010 01:08

What I think is : If most people don't care of Rolling Stones, I don't care of most people, 'cause I'm just a human being (a wolf). If people dont care of Rolling Stones they forget political men and women quicker than rock stars, and it's a good thing. In some years, Noone 'll know "Nicolas Sarkozy or Merkel", When they could tell Mick Jagger. No doubt. Scuse for my english.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: December 2, 2010 02:45

Only 14 days until Beethoven's birthday!

Date: December 2, 2010 02:48

His Majesty
''Of course the official 50th anniversary of the band isn't until July 12, 2012''

Nothing more than the Stones have been a band on at least one day within a calendar year for 50 consecutive years.

Date: December 2, 2010 03:07

Winning Ugly VXII
January 1st ? Wouldn't it be July 12th ?

Yes, in terms of time, you are correct, they won't officially enter their 50th year until next July 12, however, in terms of numbers they break through that barrier at the stroke of midnight on New Years! I really need to get a life!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 2, 2010 03:11

stonescrow
His Majesty

Nothing more than the Stones have been a band on at least one day within a calendar year for 50 consecutive years.

Actually, there are quite a few bands that have been together that long, just not as famous as the Stones.

Date: December 2, 2010 03:13

colonial

Colonial,

I hereby nominate you for official countdown spokesperson for all Rolling Stones related historical countdowns at IORR! Let the drama begin, mate!

Nutty Old Stonescrow

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 2, 2010 04:59

stonescrow
colonial

Colonial,

I hereby nominate you for official countdown spokesperson for all Rolling Stones related historical countdowns at IORR! Let the drama begin, mate!

Nutty Old Stonescrow

stonescrow..yea' ..cheers mate smoking smiley

Date: December 2, 2010 05:02

colonial
stonescrow
colonial

Colonial,

Nutty Old Stonescrow

stonescrow..yea' ..cheers mate smoking smiley

Wish we knew the date for the Summit Meeting! We could have an official countdown for it to!

Date: December 2, 2010 11:13

Shezeboss
What I think is : If most people don't care of Rolling Stones, I don't care of most people, 'cause I'm just a human being (a wolf). If people dont care of Rolling Stones they forget political men and women quicker than rock stars, and it's a good thing. In some years, Noone 'll know "Nicolas Sarkozy or Merkel", When they could tell Mick Jagger. No doubt. Scuse for my english.

...Oh, but it WILL!! And the Stones will be playing there - both occasions celebrating each other, so to speak. Ad afterwards Richards will mockingly grin: "Full circle!! Harrharrharrharr...", and he will retire from then on, in a deep, dark forest; never to be seen again...
believe me; it's a DONE DEAL.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 2, 2010 17:51

Gazza
drbryant

if anything, I'd take that as a positive in many ways...

That means...no fan club dvd???

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 2, 2010 17:56

Koen
Damon
it's should be a international holiday

What country? confused smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 4, 2010 00:06

If the Stones didn't become The Rolling Stones until 1962 then ya still got over a year to go...you know - math and all that.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home