Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-ish: Jerry Hall takes part in this season's Strictly Come Dancing
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 11, 2012 15:09

- if you're a Strictly-addict (I'm not) there will be a bit of Stones-related interest this year:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: OT-ish: Jerry Hall takes part in this season's Strictly Come Dancing
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 11, 2012 19:31

Is this a Dancing With the Stars-like thing?

Date: September 11, 2012 20:47

Yes, same format - in fact I think Strictly is the granddaddy (or maybe grandmama) of all those celebrity-dancing shows. The name is a combination from the film Strictly Ballroom and the old BBC show Come Dancing, which ran for what seemed like centuries in the old days - all sequins and formation foxtrot teams. CD got to be terminally unfashionable and was cancelled, and I personally wasn't a bit sorry. But Britain is suddenly heaving with people who won't be going out for the next 20 Saturdays in case they miss a minute of Strictly - mystifies me, but there you are.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 11, 2012 22:23

Green Lady
Yes, same format - in fact I think Strictly is the granddaddy (or maybe grandmama) of all those celebrity-dancing shows. The name is a combination from the film Strictly Ballroom and the old BBC show Come Dancing, which ran for what seemed like centuries in the old days - all sequins and formation foxtrot teams. CD got to be terminally unfashionable and was cancelled, and I personally wasn't a bit sorry. But Britain is suddenly heaving with people who won't be going out for the next 20 Saturdays in case they miss a minute of Strictly - mystifies me, but there you are.

Most people don't like going out in Britain due to the city-centre thugs.

Strictly Come Dancing is good fun television for the autumn schedules.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: September 11, 2012 22:26

Maybe it's because Im American but what a really strange title for a show...who speaks like that? What does it even mean? Strictly come dancing?! So weird to me. As in "show up doing nothing else"?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2012 05:43

here ya go lettingitbleed....this might help ya

I was making love last night
To a dancer friend of mine
I can't seem to stay in step
Cause she comes every time that she pirouettes over me

.............................................Rocks Off - Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Date: September 12, 2012 06:09

Oh well, any excuse will do to post this one:

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2012 15:45

lettingitbleed
Maybe it's because Im American but what a really strange title for a show...who speaks like that? What does it even mean? Strictly come dancing?! So weird to me. As in "show up doing nothing else"?

'Come Dancing' was a ballroom dancing competition shown by the BBC up until the 70s or 80's. The title borrows from that and the movie 'Strictly Ballroom' as GreenLady correctly stated.

stupidguy2

This is the original UK show. They exported the format to several other countries, including the US, hence 'Dancing with the Stars'.

My wife watches it. Cant say I mind too much as a) it means that we never see the X-Factor, which I despise, b) it's harmless fun and c) the professional women dancers in it are pretty hot!

Jo Wood was in it a couple of years ago, so Jerry is the 2nd former Stones wife to appear. Only a matter of time before they sign up Mandy Smith!

Date: September 12, 2012 15:47

Gazza
lettingitbleed

'Come Dancing' was a ballroom dancing competition shown by the BBC up until the 70s or 80's. The title borrows from that and the movie 'Strictly Ballroom' as GreenLady correctly stated.

stupidguy2

This is the original UK show. They exported the format to several other countries, including the US, hence 'Dancing with the Stars'.

My wife watches it. Cant say I mind too much as a) it means that we never see the X-Factor, which I despise, b) it's harmless fun and c) the professional women dancers in it are pretty hot!

Jo Wood was in it a couple of years ago, so Jerry is the 2nd former Stones wife to appear. Only a matter of time before they sign up Mandy Smith!

or Shirley, Anita and Marianne? winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2012 15:54

Shirley's not an ex.

Anita on Strictly conjures up some truly frightening and hilarious visuals.

Date: September 12, 2012 16:32

Gazza
Shirley's not an ex.

I know that smiling smiley Would have been funny anyway..

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 12, 2012 17:53

Gazza
Shirley's not an ex.

lol....
That was my first thought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home