Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Xmas Present for a Stone whose got everything?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 26, 2010 13:09

What would you buy a Rolling Stone for Xmas whose got everything?

Re: Xmas Present for a Stone whose got everything?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 26, 2010 13:19

What CAN you buy if that fan has "everything," but if you want to prove me wrong, Colonial, I'll send you my shipping address. winking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 26, 2010 13:41

Try the Rolling Stones Trivial Pursuit, unless your friend already got it.

[www.amazon.com]

Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: November 26, 2010 13:58

...Judging by (all) Colonial's previous threads & posts, I really tink he means an ACTUAL Rolling Stone... like in: Keith, Mick, Charlie, Ronnie. Nót "a friend"...

But hey - in the spirit of Thanksgiving: I'd by Keith a new blade, Mick some make-up, Ronnie a bottle of fresh pomegranate juice, Charlie a pair of shoes (Savil Row) ... and while we're at it: a pack of Nicorette chewing gums for Mick 'T', and the "Four Flicks" & "Biggest Bang" DVD-boxes for Bill Wyman.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 26, 2010 14:28

MississippiBullfrog
...Judging by (all) Colonial's previous threads & posts, I really tink he means an ACTUAL Rolling Stone... like in: Keith, Mick, Charlie, Ronnie. Nót "a friend"...

But hey - in the spirit of Thanksgiving: I'd by Keith a new blade, Mick some make-up, Ronnie a bottle of fresh pomegranate juice, Charlie a pair of shoes (Savil Row) ... and while we're at it: a pack of Nicorette chewing gums for Mick 'T', and the "Four Flicks" & "Biggest Bang" DVD-boxes for Bill Wyman.
In stead of a blade, you could buy a kelim, a little rug, oriental, Mongolian, Afghan, Anatolyan, Iranian or something like that - for Keith.
Charlie's shoes are hand made, so you should probably buy him a nice watch. He collects time pieces. Ronnie collects art - so an nice litho or something would probably be very popular. Besides, I think he was litterally robbed in that divorce of his, so perhaps he hasn't had the time to replace the art? Who knows.
Make-up for Mick? Don't you think he and L'wren know exactly what he needs? He's an expert on moisturizers, btw. He's fond of art, too.
Just a hint - if you wanna lash out on presents they'd love to get...

Date: November 26, 2010 15:03

Addicted
In stead of a blade, you could buy a kelim, a little rug, oriental, Mongolian, Afghan, Anatolyan, Iranian or something like that - for Keith.
Charlie's shoes are hand made, so you should probably buy him a nice watch. He collects time pieces. Ronnie collects art - so an nice litho or something would probably be very popular. Besides, I think he was litterally robbed in that divorce of his, so perhaps he hasn't had the time to replace the art? Who knows.
Make-up for Mick? Don't you think he and L'wren know exactly what he needs? He's an expert on moisturizers, btw. He's fond of art, too.
Just a hint - if you wanna lash out on presents they'd love to get...

...You're right - now THAT's something we can work with!!
Good job, Addicted. I'm off to the mall right NOW. smileys with beer

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 26, 2010 15:59

I bet that some bottles of our Pilsner Urquell beer would please them all.

Date: November 26, 2010 16:16

Happy24, sorry to disappoint you, but the thing is: They don't drink anymore. Which is good for their health. But you need to come up with better suggestions.
They all like books, btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-26 16:18 by Addicted.

Date: November 26, 2010 18:42

Addicted

...a signed copy of "LIFE" for each, then?!

Date: November 26, 2010 21:24

MississippiBullfrog
Addicted

...a signed copy of "LIFE" for each, then?!
Wow - your mall has that!? Perfect. Only in America, I suppose? Or where does our little green friend live? (Might you be Kermit's kid brother?)
Please give everyone the address to that mall - and we'll cancel the competition here!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 26, 2010 22:00

Addicted, I understand they don't DRINK (the question is for how long will that be true with Ronnie, I hope for a long time), but wouldn't they have a beer? Maybe really not.

Books? No problem. Do I want them to laugh and have a good time? I'll give them all Hasek's "The Good Soldier Svejk". Do I want them to read something to really think about? I'll give them anything from Karel Capek. All those books can be easily obtained in English, but I would say the Stones are more likely not familiar with them (but I might be surprized), so that would be some nice addition to their bookshelfs. Anyway, I would recomend this reading to everyone...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2010 22:06

...maybe just a small patch of moss ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 26, 2010 22:09

Keith's old snake boots

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 27, 2010 10:34

They've already got everything, including the substantial sum of money I've spent on their concerts and recordings. And what they don't have, they can send a minder to buy. So I wouldn't buy a Stone a Xmas present.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home