Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: OT: Black Eyed Peas to Play Superbowl
Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 8, 2011 01:31

sweetcharmedlife
tatters

"I'll get you for this, Gaga!"
She looks like a transvestite.

Is that good?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2011 01:37

tatters

Blimey. Hulk Hogan is lookin' well these days, all things considered..

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 8, 2011 01:57

Brue
Fergie is hot. Christina Aguilera is hot.

Suck on it and like it.

You're desperate.

Date: February 8, 2011 01:59

More Hot Rocks
Brue

Suck on it and like it.

You're desperate.

Are you hot?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 8, 2011 02:06

Brue
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

She looks like a transvestite.

Is that good?
Only if you want it to be.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 8, 2011 02:08

lyrics to Live With Me being changed to Don't Live With Me.

Date: February 8, 2011 02:10

MKjan

How about Play With Me

Date: February 8, 2011 02:19

Brue
MKjan

How about Play With Me

I think CA is single again.

Date: February 8, 2011 02:22

MKjan
Brue
MKjan

How about Play With Me

I like the way you are thinking.

Date: February 8, 2011 02:25

Brue
MKjan
Brue
MKjan

How about Play With Me

Perhaps she was thinking of you when she lost her focus during the anthem.

Date: February 8, 2011 02:28

MKjan
Brue
MKjan
Brue
MKjan

How about Play With Me

Wouldn't be the first time I distracted a hot woman. The first thing that goes is their speech.

Date: February 8, 2011 02:36

Once they're speechless, you're rounding third base....

Date: February 8, 2011 02:41

MKjan

That's good, right?

Date: February 8, 2011 02:45

Brue
MKjan

That's good, right?

oh yeah, that's very good!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 8, 2011 02:57

Brue
MKjan
Brue
MKjan
Brue
MKjan

How about Play With Me

Wouldn't be the first time I distracted a hot woman. The first thing that goes is their speech.
The second must be thier eyesight.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 8, 2011 03:02

sweetcharmedlife
Good,now I can use the time for a piss and smoke break.smoking smiley

At least you admit it. grinning smiley

Date: February 8, 2011 03:10

sweetcharmedlife
Brue
MKjan
Brue
MKjan
Brue
MKjan

How about Play With Me

The second must be thier eyesight.

You're just jealous. Henry Rollins was talking about me when he did this album.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 8, 2011 04:16

Piss poor band and performance..........

Can't believe the Super Bowl couldn't bring in an "A" lister. I mean Black Eyed Peas give me a break........

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 8, 2011 09:39

Yesterday's Lefsetz Letter:

I'd like to say they were terrible, unwatchable, the end of the world as we know it.

But they were not.

They were a representation of America...yesterday.

Have you noticed the new BEP album has stiffed? That none of the singles has broken through? Live by the hit, die by the hit.

But I want to give the NFL credit, for imparting the kiss of death upon musical acts. If you perform at the Super Bowl, you're now over.

Oh, don't tell me about U2 and Prince. The former was ten years ago and Prince has always functioned in his own sphere. But if you're part of the hit parade, once you appear on the Super Bowl, you're toast.

I will say the BEP were better than the Who. The Who were just sad. Like Old Timers Day at Yankee Stadium. Once upon a time they were great, now it's just creepy.

But classic rock is dead.

And the Peas are dead too. Because once the mainstream endorses you, you're toast. Especially in an era where Facebook is more important than the "New York Times".

Don't expect the NFL to be cutting edge. That's not their job. They don't even want excitement. Did you see that penalty for excessive celebration? No man is bigger than the game. But a great musical act is bigger than radio, bigger than the middlemen, the gatekeepers who are more about money than music.

Great production. Come on, those green lights and the hearts in red? It was a modern day version of a marching band.

Did you see the moves? It's not like those lame rock stars of yore who practiced their instruments! Now you've got to dance, you've got to move.

Wait a minute, that was ten years ago on MTV...

The BEP were entertainment. They were watchable. They fit the bill.

But music, when done right, is cutting edge. It's about questioning the status quo. Which is how we know Springsteen and the Who and Petty were done when they were complicit with the NFL. After all, they've got to sell tickets. To all those old farts who remember the old hits and the young 'uns who want to see you before you die.

Wave goodbye to the Black Eyed Peas. Bye-bye! Fergie will have a solo career, with more peaks than Slash's. Will.i.am will always find a gig and I'd say the other two would be forgotten, but they were never known.

Don't go for the victory lap. It's hollow. In an era where there's no mainstream, why go for mainstream acknowledgement?

We're on the cusp of musical breakthroughs unseen since the late sixties. Everything's up for grabs. You're gonna be wowed, you're gonna be moved by artists doing it their own way, following their own path, not worried about mainstream acknowledgement.

And this new music is going to rain down money. And these outside stars will be revered. Because instead of playing along, they threw out the rule book and started over.

Football is all about the rules.

Music is not.

I hope you enjoyed the spectacle. I did.

But it was meaningless.

And when done right, music means everything in the world.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 8, 2011 15:39

They sucked. Worst thing I ever saw...well second worst. Worst is evertime I see Kid Rock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-08 15:41 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 8, 2011 15:51

polythene sam
Yes, please bring back the marching bands.

+1

Date: February 8, 2011 16:12

More Hot Rocks
They sucked. Worst thing I ever saw...well second worst. Worst is evertime I see Kid Rock.

I don't know, when Kid Rock had that midget on stage with him on Saturday Night Live, that was pretty damned funny. Too bad the midget died.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 8, 2011 16:15

dcba
"My 11 years old daughter is a huge fan of the Black Eyes Peas"

Yeah that's the problem. For years the record industry has been targeting to the pre-teen (6-13 y.o.) market.

If it's "pre-teen" then why did you put 13 in there?

Date: February 8, 2011 16:19

Bashlets
were they lip syncing? Total rubbish. Where's the band or are they singing over pre-recorded music. Oh yeah, slash can you play live over our pre-recorded tape for 90 seconds to make us look genuine.

"Pre-recorded" is irrelevant, due to the 'ed' on the word 'record'. You can't "pre-record" anything, you can only record it. So technically they were miming to a record, or a recording, at least music wise.

And whether or not they were lip syncing - it sure didn't sound like it to me. Funny Shades had the auto-tune crap going on and Fergie sounded like she was taking a dump the entire time. I stopped barely paying attention when that midget Usher showed up.

Date: February 8, 2011 16:26

SwayStones
Although the following review seems accurate to me .

Black Eyed Peas Defy Critics After the Super Bowl And Surge In Sales
Monday February 7, 2011

Nothing seems to disturb the average entertainment critic so much as commercial success. The Black Eyed Peas are the recording artists that released the biggest selling digital track of all time and have spent more consecutive weeks, six months, at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 than any artist in the history of the Billboard charts. However, you wouldn't know that from press stories following the Super Bowl. Amid widespread commentary in the press criticizing the Black Eyed Peas' performance at the Super Bowl, pop music fans are voting with their money. Currently, not only has the group's current single "The Time (Dirty Bit)" returned to the top 3 at iTunes, two older songs have surged into the top 20, "I Gotta Feeling," the biggest selling digital track of all time, and "Where Is the Love?," a top 10 smash in the US in 2003 that went to #1 around the world. Over on the iTunes album chart, the Black Eyed Peas are occupying three spots in the top 10. As I read commentary this morning there seems just a tiny bit more resonance in the Black Eyed Peas' question, "Where Is the Love?"

[top40.about.com]

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! A lot of people like TOTAL SHIT "music" by a totally shit "act" then huh! Shit sells - to people that love shit. Amazing.

Date: February 8, 2011 16:33

Brue
lem motlow
Brue

Suck on it and like it.

so if you cant remember the words to the freakin national anthem or as in fergies case you have such a terrible,weak voice that it has to be doctored in a studio to even sound half good it doesnt matter as long as you're "hot"
Absolutely, Len. Lemme tell you something - when I see Fergie on the stage, all the blood rushes to my organs and my hearing is diminished. It's because I'm totally focused on her hotness.

That's what Playboy and Penthouse and all those other magazines are for. But if you'd rather look at something lame like Fergie, especially doing her Axl taking a crap walk, by all means...

Date: February 8, 2011 18:13

skipstone
Brue
lem motlow
Brue

Suck on it and like it.

so if you cant remember the words to the freakin national anthem or as in fergies case you have such a terrible,weak voice that it has to be doctored in a studio to even sound half good it doesnt matter as long as you're "hot"
Absolutely, Len. Lemme tell you something - when I see Fergie on the stage, all the blood rushes to my organs and my hearing is diminished. It's because I'm totally focused on her hotness.

That's what Playboy and Penthouse and all those other magazines are for. But if you'd rather look at something lame like Fergie, especially doing her Axl taking a crap walk, by all means...

I'm thinking that even if the internet came along when I was your age, I still wouldn't have sounded like this.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 9, 2011 05:58

alhavu1
Boy are they atrocious. Horrible horrible opening at Fenway.

Oddly enough I loved them at Fenway, and have been a HUGE fan ever since, having known none of their songs prior.....I personally enjoyed their performance at the Super Bowl, but it was mired in technical difficulties - Fergie's mike was not on on a couple of different occasions, and the sound just didn't seem to be right at times. I liked the lit up guys, as a throw back to old school hiphop/rap/early 80s type stuff, which seems to be making a huge comeback. Overall though, I was a bit disappointed in the lack of progression of their act. I'd expected them to really wow me with something brand new, but in the end it was a safe, almost predictible (song choice anyways - aside from the 2 colloborations) set. So in that regard I was left a bit disappointed, but I did enjoy it.

I have all of the BEPs' albums, and I must say that, while I have a hard time listening to an entire album of their new synthesier/techno sound, I do find (outside of The Time dirty bit), that The Beginning is a much better album than The END, despite what critics say. I think it is a much stronger effort, even though no new ground was broken and it's essentially the same sound as The END, but again that's just me, and it's quite evident that I might be the only BEP on the board, and that's fine.

I'm just continually amazed at the lack of appreciation on here for others' taste in music......but that's a WHOLE other discussion point. I have many guilty pleasures when it comes to music, and I know that they have been discussed on here, and I don't find the BEP to be one. Will.I.Am is an absolute genious as far as I'm concerned - the Bob Dylan of modern day hip/hop. There is virtually no one that he hasn't worked with or nothing that he can't remix or write or play. The man is simply incredible IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-09 06:30 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: February 9, 2011 06:01

stones78
Man, that Fergie girl is NOT hot...her face's a mess.

Indeed it is, but her body is smokin hot!

Date: February 9, 2011 06:06

The Sicilian
Would you rather have Katy Perry?

Good Lord NO!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1302
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home