Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: OT: Black Eyed Peas to Play Superbowl
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 30, 2010 17:10

trainarollin
ZZ TOP was under consideration. They are my favorite band, however, they cannot command attention these days.

The Who needed a gigantic light spinning UFO to get attention. ZZ Top just playing would be enough attention.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 30, 2010 19:00

Man, that Fergie girl is NOT hot...her face's a mess.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 30, 2010 19:09

I wonder if they'll do "Let's Get Retarded". Which is what Let's Get it Started was originally called. Yeah they're a class act.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 3, 2011 02:06

Well just a few days now. What other bands are playing the pre-game show?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 3, 2011 08:39

This will be the first Superbowl in years that I won't be glued to the TV set at half-time.

Date: February 3, 2011 17:56

Usher and Slash are heading to the Super Bowl.

A person familiar with the plans for Sunday's halftime show told The Associated Press that R&B star Usher and former Guns 'N Roses guitarist Slash are slated to make surprise appearances.

The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Wednesday, because the musicians' performances were not going to be announced.

Usher and Slash are supposed to join The Black Eyed Peas, who are the main halftime act for Sunday's NFL championship game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers at Cowboys Stadium.

Black Eyed Peas member will.i.am is featured on Usher's hit single "O.M.G."

Slash has performed Guns 'N Roses song "Sweet Child o' Mine" on tour with the Black Eyed Peas; he also collaborated with Black Eyed Peas member Fergie on the song "Beautiful Dangerous" last year.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: February 3, 2011 18:09

What a disaster.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 4, 2011 11:30

mickscarey
What a disaster.

Not for everybody winking smiley
My 11 years old daughter is a huge fan of the Black Eyes Peas -btw,what does it means exactly ? Peas with black eyes ? confused smiley Or is it slang for money ? Or is it "peace" in SMS langage ? -
When I told her they willplay at the Superbowl,she went crazy ,but still she doesn't know Usher will be there as well ....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: February 4, 2011 15:08

SwayStones
mickscarey
What a disaster.

My 11 years old daughter is a huge fan of the Black Eyes Peas -btw,what does it means exactly ? Peas with black eyes ? confused smiley Or is it slang for money ? Or is it "peace" in SMS langage ? -
When I told her they willplay at the Superbowl,she went crazy ,but still she doesn't know Usher will be there as well ....

not sure what they are using it for but BLACK EYED PEAS are food. it looks like a bean with a black pupil right in the middle

Date: February 4, 2011 16:59

SwayStones
My 11 years old daughter is a huge fan of the Black Eyes Peas -When I told her they willplay at the Superbowl,she went crazy ,but still she doesn't know Usher will be there as well ....

I have 3 daughters quite excited to see them, even the soon to be 6 year old can sing their songs.

I will certainly watch it with them as they watched many halftime shows of bands they really don't know much about or probably like such as The Who, Stones, Springsteen, etc...

Date: February 4, 2011 17:04

Keefan
I'll be watching the SuperBowl this year to see my boys the Falcons bring home the trophy finally.

You're a Can'tlanta Falcan'ts fan? What a shame.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 4, 2011 21:22

The Sicilian
They are not that bad. Anyways, the game is not married to classic rock, and it could be worse, they could have rolled out a bow-legged country bumpkin in blue jeans and a hat to bounce up and down and twang out songs.

The music act is more for the tv audience since the privilage of attending the game outweighs the halftime entertainment of the seated crowd.

Not that bad? I disagree. They suck. thumbs down

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 4, 2011 21:32

They should just go back to a High School marching band.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 4, 2011 22:00

Let's all hope for a wardrobe malfunction big time!

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: February 4, 2011 22:02

I'll watch the game but skip halftime

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 4, 2011 22:10

Stoneage

Nah. Let's hope for a major equipment malfunction or power outage. >grinning smiley<

Date: February 4, 2011 22:17

Stoneage
Like Fergie pissing her pants again?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 4, 2011 22:37

Hope the cameraman pans in on Fergie alot. The only redeeming aspect of this group. They should have hired John Fogerty or maybe...The Eagles? As Americana as one could get.Just an opinion.

Date: February 4, 2011 22:58

It would appear as though they can sell records, in the US and Europe. I personally am not a fan but you can't deny their popularity.

From Wiki:

The Black Eyed Peas are an American hip hop group who formed in Los Angeles, California in 1995. The group is composed of rapper and multi-instrumentalist will.i.am, rappers apl.de.ap and Taboo, and singer-rapper Fergie. Since the release of their third album, Elephunk, in 2003, the group has sold an estimated 27 million albums worldwide, 20 million singles and 47 million copies with both sales combined. The group scored their first worldwide hit with "Where Is the Love?" in 2003, which topped over ten charts worldwide. Another single was the European hit "Shut Up". Their next album, Monkey Business was also a worldwide hit, certified 4x Platinum in the U.S., and spawning two hit singles, "My Humps" and "Don't Phunk with My Heart".

In 2009, the group became one of only 11 artists to have ever simultaneously held the #1 or #2 spots on the Billboard Hot 100, with their singles "Boom Boom Pow" and "I Gotta Feeling", with the next single "Meet Me Halfway" achieving similar success, from the album The E.N.D. Combined, these three singles also topped the chart for an unprecedented 30 consecutive weeks in 2009. The album later produced a third Hot 100 number-one placement with "Imma Be", making the group one of few to ever place three number one singles on the chart from the same album before being followed with "Rock That Body" which managed to peak in the Top 10 of Hot 100. "I Gotta Feeling" has become the first single to sell more than 1 million downloads in the United Kingdom.

Before becoming part of the Black Eyed Peas, will.i.am and apl.de.ap were in a group called Atban Klann, signed to Eazy E's Ruthless Records. The Black Eyed Peas were ranked 12th at the Billboard's Decade-End Chart Artist of the Decade, and 7th in the Hot 100 Artists of the Decade. The group will perform at the Halftime Show for Super Bowl XLV, to be held on February 6, 2011. The group has been nominated for "Most Popular International Artist" in the ARIA Music Awards.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 4, 2011 22:59

This announcement was a bit of a surprise from the NFL.
Using what is clearly a warm up act for the halftime show leaves a huge hole where the headliner should have been.

No headliner at the 1/2time show?

That's a new one.

Date: February 4, 2011 23:16

As a rock music fan this just amounts to being more of a Snooze Bowl Half Time Show than a Super Bowl Half Time Show. I do not care even .009% if I see their HT show.

And that's the beauty of it - I don't have to watch. Even if the Saints were in this Supe I wouldn't be interested in this Supe 45 HT show. I didn't get the chance to see the Stones' HT show live (I was in a van on tour) but I have seen it via youtube. I was able to watch The Who, The Boss, Tom Petty and Prince. Those are the only HT shows I've seen in quite a while. I think I saw the Aerosmith/Britney one just out of the mere fact that I knew it would be and it was so...bad; I wanted to witness the train wreck that it was.

Didn't see the Janet Nipple Bowl...but have seen clips of it.

So whatever. I had some interest in watching them just to see what they did, the ones I mentioned. I thought overall they were good - for what it is.

Which isn't much.

No big deal.

Date: February 4, 2011 23:27

Would you rather have Katy Perry?

Date: February 4, 2011 23:37

The Sicilian
Would you rather have Katy Perry?

As a matter of fact,yes I would.tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 4, 2011 23:52

Me too! She is the complete package.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 5, 2011 02:31

honestly, I would love to see Ozzy Osbourne perform at halftime. Now THAT would be cool.

Date: February 5, 2011 03:33

it would have been cool if they dug up the band nazareth for halftime

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 5, 2011 03:40

the black eyed peas used to be good. even before fergie joined the band. now they're way too mainstream and way too plastic and fake. and that "my humps" song is just awful. how that song won a grammy is beyond me.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 5, 2011 05:50

ablett
suggest an alternative cause I can't think of one?

Willie Nelson

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 5, 2011 05:55

SwayStones
mickscarey
What a disaster.

do you watch the Super Bowl in France?

plexi

Date: February 5, 2011 05:55

Midnight Toker
honestly, I would love to see Ozzy Osbourne perform at halftime. Now THAT would be cool.
Well he's gone so corporate these days,it's not that big of a stretch. If Sharon thought she could make some money off of it,she'd have him do it.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home