Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT: Black Eyed Peas to Play Superbowl
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 7, 2011 14:32

Brue
Good show. They showed a lot of range. And really, you gotta dig Fergie from both sides of the plate.

Meow baybee shout it out~

yeah a lot of range from that sucked to that really really was bad.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 7, 2011 15:41

It seems as though the halftime show has been extended somewhat. It felt like they had a pretty long time slot.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 7, 2011 15:55

Suits with blinking lights. Seriously?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 7, 2011 16:03

were they lip syncing? Total rubbish. Where's the band or are they singing over pre-recorded music. Oh yeah, slash can you play live over our pre-recorded tape for 90 seconds to make us look genuine. I would have more respect for them if they called themselves what they really are...CHEERLEADERS

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 7, 2011 16:06

"My 11 years old daughter is a huge fan of the Black Eyes Peas"

Yeah that's the problem. For years the record industry has been targeting to the pre-teen (6-13 y.o.) market. confused smiley

I wonder what the Jerry Wexlers or Sam Philips' of today would do in this biz. Starve?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-07 16:07 by dcba.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 7, 2011 16:32

Every kid at the party last night LOVEd the Halftime show. Seriously, from the ages of 4-13. I guess that was the target market this year.

I can't see too many of those little bastards buying any Bridgestone Tires anytime soon.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 7, 2011 16:40

The Sicilian
It seems as though the halftime show has been extended somewhat. It felt like they had a pretty long time slot.

just seemed that way...it was so agonizing.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 7, 2011 16:48

Here´s another fan: :-)

Date: February 7, 2011 16:57

How about a Partridge family reunion? They didn't play or sing either.

Date: February 7, 2011 17:03

For all the die-hard Stones fans who just loved her performance with the Stones at the Beacon:eye rolling smiley

Christina Aguilera mixed up the lyrics to the National Anthem before Super Bowl XLV, in what was probably the most-seen performance of her life. Singing the anthem live, Aguilera, 30, was three lines into her rendition when she sang, "what so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming," instead of "O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming."

In a statement released after the game, Aguilera said she flubbed the line after getting lost in the moment and losing her place. She said, "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

Before the game, Aquilera said, "I have been performing the anthem since I was 7 years old and I must say the Super Bowl is a dream come true. I am really excited to be part of such an iconic event." As TMZ reports, "It was only the Super Bowl, no one probably saw it." MTV looked on the sunny side, reporting: "Although her voice never wavered as she paid tribute to the country in song, Aguilera did briefly flub the lyrics, but she handled it like a pro, rendering the mistake barely noticeable."

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: February 7, 2011 17:27

I think the Black Eyed Peas performance just offers proof how good studio trickery is.

Live, singing without the Pro-Tools and whatever else - they were awful; I'm not much of a fan of what they modernly call "R'N'B" (it's not blues, and has no rhythm as far as I can see) - but I can appreciate a good performance of any genre if I see it. The BEP just sounded so..amateur. Out of tune and flat in places I thought. And they're supposed to be one of the "greats" of R'N'b?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-07 17:28 by IrelandCalling4.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 7, 2011 17:51

"singing without the Pro-Tools and whatever else"

Their secret card is a software named "Autotune". You can take a goat and make it sing like Maria Callas with this one.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 7, 2011 19:43

The show itself was impressive but the BEP was a disapointment. They looked and acted like robots without soul. The music or the backing tracks didn't sound that great but the audience was loud and they seemed to be really excited.
I think the Rolling Stones did a better job than the BEP.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 7, 2011 19:49

Kurt
Every kid at the party last night LOVEd the Halftime show. Seriously, from the ages of 4-13. I guess that was the target market this year.

I can't see too many of those little bastards buying any Bridgestone Tires anytime soon.
No but they will be bugging their parents to buy them the latest cd or take tehm to see the BEP. I guess that's what they were thinking. But every review from anyboy over 12 has been negative so far so I'm not sure they did much to help themselves.

Date: February 7, 2011 20:54

To the everyday fan, when you like someone, they can do no wrong. Everyone that gave a negative review didn't like them to begin with.

Same for Stones fans, just to see them live is enough for many people. Then there is the small percentage that expects more and will critique everything from the setlist to the guitars used etc...

Now I have teen daughters that loved it and sang along to every song. They don't see things the way we do. But young fans live in the moment. That robotic stuff is what they see in a lot their music.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:19

dcba
"My 11 years old daughter is a huge fan of the Black Eyes Peas"

Yeah that's the problem. For years the record industry has been targeting to the pre-teen (6-13 y.o.) market. confused smiley

Absolutely !

On one hand you get the pre-teens & on another hand the "old world"

To be honest, I do enjoy some "pre-teens 'songs" on the radio like " The time" , "I gotta feeling" etc but the difference between my daughter and me is that I Know what "real" music is ( real musicians instead of studios 's sound effects ) but she is so much into that crap that she forgot about what she used to listen at the age of 2 or 4...musique classique, opéras,jazz,rock etc.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:30

Although the following review seems accurate to me .

Black Eyed Peas Defy Critics After the Super Bowl And Surge In Sales
Monday February 7, 2011

Nothing seems to disturb the average entertainment critic so much as commercial success. The Black Eyed Peas are the recording artists that released the biggest selling digital track of all time and have spent more consecutive weeks, six months, at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 than any artist in the history of the Billboard charts. However, you wouldn't know that from press stories following the Super Bowl. Amid widespread commentary in the press criticizing the Black Eyed Peas' performance at the Super Bowl, pop music fans are voting with their money. Currently, not only has the group's current single "The Time (Dirty Bit)" returned to the top 3 at iTunes, two older songs have surged into the top 20, "I Gotta Feeling," the biggest selling digital track of all time, and "Where Is the Love?," a top 10 smash in the US in 2003 that went to #1 around the world. Over on the iTunes album chart, the Black Eyed Peas are occupying three spots in the top 10. As I read commentary this morning there seems just a tiny bit more resonance in the Black Eyed Peas' question, "Where Is the Love?"

[top40.about.com]

Date: February 7, 2011 23:23

The Sicilian
To the everyday fan, when you like someone, they can do no wrong. Everyone that gave a negative review didn't like them to begin with.

Same for Stones fans, just to see them live is enough for many people. Then there is the small percentage that expects more and will critique everything from the setlist to the guitars used etc...

Now I have teen daughters that loved it and sang along to every song. They don't see things the way we do. But young fans live in the moment. That robotic stuff is what they see in a lot their music.

I know what you saying.....but The Sabres are still a bad team even if you have season tickets or not. That was terrible my friend.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 7, 2011 23:47

i dont know how it played in europe but the black eyed peas are getting lambasted over here in the states.it was freakin horrible...i mean really really bad.if you found even an ounce of musical entertainment in that train wreck you are either a 9 year old girl,an older person mistakenly trying to be hip or a complete idiot.

it didnt just suck...it suuuuuucked.everyone who has been blasting the NFL for "bringing out these oldies acts the last few years" are standing there with egg on their faces.
thats all we heard over here-the stones in their wheelchairs.mccartney this, tom petty that."why dont they bring out someone more modern"

and this is it? ah ha ha ha ...i dont know who came out of yesterday looking better,rock and roll or the packers.

Date: February 7, 2011 23:49

lem motlow
i dont know how it played in europe but the black eyed peas are getting lambasted over here in the states.it was freakin horrible...i mean really really bad.if you found even an ounce of musical entertainment in that train wreck you are either a 9 year old girl,an older person mistakenly trying to be hip or a complete idiot.

it didnt just suck...it suuuuuucked.everyone who has been blasting the NFL for "bringing out these oldies acts the last few years" are standing there with egg on their faces.
thats all we heard over here-the stones in their wheelchairs.mccartney this, tom petty that."why dont they bring out someone more modern"

and this is it? ah ha ha ha ...i dont know who came out of yesterday looking better,rock and roll or the packers.
Rock & Rollsmoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 7, 2011 23:52

Fergie is hot. Christina Aguilera is hot.

Suck on it and like it.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 8, 2011 00:05

Brue
fergie has butterface. christina USED to be hot.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 8, 2011 00:06

Brue

Suck on it and like it.

so if you cant remember the words to the freakin national anthem or as in fergies case you have such a terrible,weak voice that it has to be doctored in a studio to even sound half good it doesnt matter as long as you're "hot"

next time mom and dad let you on the computer go somewhere other than a board for adults ok junior?

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 8, 2011 00:16

(amurican) football halftime is for marching bands... let famu do it every year...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 8, 2011 00:22

I've like the Peas' earlier records, but live, they get too busy or something. They do a great live version of Miss You that will make some of you more forgiving, but I admit, last night was a mess. They pride themselves on groove, but you couldn't hear a beat... As for Fergie, I still don't know what to think: I've heard when she's pretty good, and I've seen her where she's completely out of tune....
This sucked though.
As Christina, poor thing - I imagine she just got nervous and trying to make it more than that is silly.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 8, 2011 01:09

"I'll get you for this, Gaga!"

Date: February 8, 2011 01:12

lem motlow
Brue

Suck on it and like it.

so if you cant remember the words to the freakin national anthem or as in fergies case you have such a terrible,weak voice that it has to be doctored in a studio to even sound half good it doesnt matter as long as you're "hot"
Absolutely, Len. Lemme tell you something - when I see Fergie on the stage, all the blood rushes to my organs and my hearing is diminished. It's because I'm totally focused on her hotness.

Date: February 8, 2011 01:15

ineedadrink
Brue
fergie has butterface. christina USED to be hot.
You're showing your lack of age. I was hoping that she would expose her own breast.

Date: February 8, 2011 01:23

tatters

"I'll get you for this, Gaga!"
She looks like a transvestite.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: polythene sam ()
Date: February 8, 2011 01:24

Yes, please bring back the marching bands.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home