Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stanley Booth : Dance with the Devil
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 9, 2012 20:31

I've read some years ago "The true adventures of the Rolling Stones" in english and I've just purchased and finished to read the french translation published in 2012 of it which also become now "Dance with the Devil" and include some black and white pictures.
Nothing new indeed in the 2012 book , but I'm just wonderin' about a track that Booth mentionned as played by some of the STONES which is called "Bad Boy". Any idea fellow connaisseurs of the origin of this track. Is it this Bad boy or somethin' else ???

HMN

Re: Stanley Booth : Dance with the Devil
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 10, 2012 01:39

Bad Boy was also covered by The Beatles, and is one of their best covers. It smokes, especially Lennon's vocal. They really made the version different and unique to their sound:

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2012 01:45

Stones covered She Said Yeah which was B-side of Bad Boy

.....And in life Larry Williams really was a bad boy ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: July 10, 2012 01:48

That video was pretty cool. Thanks for posting it.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 10, 2012 02:42

Larry Williams was quite a Bad Boy. He hung with Little Richard and scored dope for him, and they had a falling out involving a gun and led Richards to get back into Religion. Williams was a pimp, and involved in the underworld, but wrote some incredible rock n' roll. Boney Marony, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, She Said Yeah, Slow Down. Lennon loved his stuff and turned the other Beatles onto him. Williams was found dead in his motel room with a bullet in his head in LA. Seems like someone caught up with him.

Date: July 10, 2012 23:24

Rockman
Stones covered She Said Yeah which was B-side of Bad Boy

.....And in life Larry Williams really was a bad boy ....

Thanks Rockeee , that's what I'd thought and xcuse me for my late reply
I'm far from home somewhere over the rainbow but will come back soon winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 10, 2012 23:32

whitem8
Larry Williams was quite a Bad Boy. He hung with Little Richard and scored dope for him, and they had a falling out involving a gun and led Richards to get back into Religion. Williams was a pimp, and involved in the underworld, but wrote some incredible rock n' roll. Boney Marony, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, She Said Yeah, Slow Down. Lennon loved his stuff and turned the other Beatles onto him. Williams was found dead in his motel room with a bullet in his head in LA. Seems like someone caught up with him.

He also did an amazing northern soul album on Okeh records with Johnny Guitar Watson.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 10, 2012 23:47

Honestman
I've read some years ago "The true adventures of the Rolling Stones" in english and I've just purchased and finished to read the french translation published in 2012 of it which also become now "Dance with the Devil" and include some black and white pictures.
Nothing new indeed in the 2012 book , but I'm just wonderin' about a track that Booth mentionned as played by some of the STONES which is called "Bad Boy". Any idea fellow connaisseurs of the origin of this track. Is it this Bad boy or somethin' else ???

Beatles' "Bad Boy" does rock(great guitar sound). "Leave My Kitten Alone" too.

Date: August 14, 2012 22:19

Think now that the Bad Boy which has been played was rather this one...but we'll never knowconfused smiley

HMN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 14, 2012 23:57

There's another "Bad Boy" -- Ringo covered it on his album of the same name:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home