Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What about a new album?!
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 15, 2012 01:17

What do you think about the possibility that they could record new stuff for a possible new studio album that coincide with the annunciate future shows, or we must waiting a "Fifty licks" with one more Satisfaction,HTW,JJF,BS and 3-4 new tunes?!I think that a standard blues album should be great!!

Re: What about a new album?!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 15, 2012 01:20

mailexile67
What do you think about the possibility that they could record new stuff for a possible new studio album that coincide with the annunciate future shows, or we must waiting a "Fifty licks" with one more Satisfaction,HTW,JJF,BS and 3-4 new tunes?!I think that a standard blues album should be great!!

there's some fresh thinking for you. a very novel idea. i'm sure some of us will have to think about this for a bit before responding.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 15, 2012 01:23

StonesTod
mailexile67

there's some fresh thinking for you. a very novel idea. i'm sure some of us will have to think about this for a bit before responding.

I reject these ideas. I think it's time for a deluxe treatment for A Bigger Bang. It has been 7 years, it's about time.

They'll call it, "An Even Bigger Bang, than the First Bigger Bang".

Date: July 15, 2012 01:26

treaclefingers
StonesTod
mailexile67

I reject these ideas. I think it's time for a deluxe treatment for A Bigger Bang. It has been 7 years, it's about time.

you're not being fair-minded, again. and your punctuation is all wrong, too.

Date: July 15, 2012 01:33

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
mailexile67

I reject the fair-minded observation, but your dead on in terms of punctuation.

How about, "An Even Bigger Bang! (Bigger Bang Hits and Fazed Cookies)"

Date: July 15, 2012 01:40

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
mailexile67

could we insert "Now!" at the beginning?

Date: July 15, 2012 01:42

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
mailexile67

Only if we preceded that with, "England's Oldest Hitmakers (that don't actually make hits any longer)".

Date: July 15, 2012 01:47

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
mailexile67

Only if we preceded that with, "England's Oldest Hitmakers (that don't actually make hits any longer)".

but what's a fazed cookie? i know what a glazed cookie is....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 15, 2012 02:16

No need to write a new album
[www.iorr.org]

Date: July 15, 2012 02:19

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
mailexile67

but what's a fazed cookie? i know what a glazed cookie is....

A glazed cookie uses icing sugar for the glaze. Obviously, a fazed cookie uses brown sugar. How come you taste so good fazed cookie?!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 15, 2012 02:34

an't You Hear Me Nom Nom Knocking?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: July 15, 2012 10:58

England's Oldest FORMER Hit Makers?

Some blues covers would be a quick job for them and would actually be a nice 50th ann./full circle kinda gesture celebration sorta thing.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 15, 2012 16:08

bring on a new record...lets just hope Keith actually brings it this time...he didn't give us much in ABB and it showed.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 15, 2012 16:10

Jagger has said that he's been writing - so its just a matter of recording.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: July 15, 2012 16:24

Jagger and Richards have been working separately on songs. Richards has at least six songs completed that he worked on with Steve Jordan that we know of. I'd imagine some of these solo Jagger and Richards songs will be worked on and surface as new Rolling Stones songs at some point in the not too distant future. I also wouldn't be surprised if they worked up some stuff from the vaults (ex: Plundered My Soul) and got together to write even more stuff together as their relationship seems to be healed.

It's likely that you are right about at least a couple of those songs ending up on yet another compilation album...Despite what some overly negative people (who also said there would be no tour or kept repeating that it' over) claim I think there will be another Stones album in the next year or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-15 16:26 by James Kirk.

Date: July 15, 2012 17:03

James Kirk
Jagger and Richards have been working separately on songs. Richards has at least six songs completed that he worked on with Steve Jordan that we know of. I'd imagine some of these solo Jagger and Richards songs will be worked on and surface as new Rolling Stones songs at some point in the not too distant future. I also wouldn't be surprised if they worked up some stuff from the vaults (ex: Plundered My Soul) and got together to write even more stuff together as their relationship seems to be healed.

It's likely that you are right about at least a couple of those songs ending up on yet another compilation album...Despite what some overly negative people (who also said there would be no tour or kept repeating that it' over) claim I think there will be another Stones album in the next year or so.

you're one of those annoying glass-full types, too, eh?

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: July 15, 2012 17:36

Lol!

It was only a matter of time before the Stones returned. Anyone who knows anything about the Stones knows that there is far too much money on the table for their 50th anniversary for them to not take advantage of it.

By the way the Stones will continue on (assuming health) in some form after all of this 50th Anniversary stuff is over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-15 17:36 by James Kirk.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 15, 2012 17:46

Send It To me
Jagger has said that he's been writing - so its just a matter of recording.

Yep, a minor detail.

Date: July 15, 2012 17:52

James Kirk
Lol!

It was only a matter of time before the Stones returned. Anyone who knows anything about the Stones knows that there is far too much money on the table for their 50th anniversary for them to not take advantage of it.

nonsense. it's all about the music and giving back to us fans. they can't just do this for free, though, so there's a small surcharge added.....

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 15, 2012 18:05

what's in a name? that thich we call a bigger bang by any other name would smell as sweet.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 15, 2012 18:11

it wont happen, just a few new songs on the next compilation album.
Keef better release his new solo album, that would be good.
Jagger and keef writingin one room, will never happen again.
If the write, it will via fax or email.
The Glimmer is gone, just bring on a few shows in Amsterdam.

Jeroen

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 15, 2012 18:22

No problem when they want to release a new album............only take out 4 good songs and release it as an EP

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 15, 2012 19:26

corriecas
it wont happen, just a few new songs on the next compilation album.
Keef better release his new solo album, that would be good.
Jagger and keef writingin one room, will never happen again.
If the write, it will via fax or email.
The Glimmer is gone, just bring on a few shows in Amsterdam.

Jero

en

Right now I would not exclude even that, chosen as a working method, not from scratch, however, to an unfinished, but promising idea or two. Deliberately suggested as unfinished ideas, because it would make such a working method possible once again. Tending to vitalize the band and strengthen inspiration!

Because what was reported? Yes, important in it self certainly and hopefully:

Jagger, 68, told the Standard: “You will definitely be seeing us all together soon. It’s been great fun being back together and there are a lot of memories in here. I can’t believe it’s been 50 years. We’ve been hanging out together, seeing quite a bit of each other and we want to do some gigs.”

In that light, much is possible!

Date: July 15, 2012 19:57

no, it is all blah blah.
Keef and jagger aint friends anymore, and havent written songs together in One room, for decades now.
Just read between the lines, and keep your head and hopes together.
It would be nice, Mick n Keef together, writing some final great songs together.
Its just not gonna happen, sorry.
jeroen

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 15, 2012 19:59

Keith has to write, and in order for him to write, he'll have to pick up his guitar, so... probably no new songs, ever again.

Not negative, just realistic.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 15, 2012 20:04

Roger (Waters) that

Date: July 15, 2012 20:13

Keef has written songs, with Steve Jordan and the Xpnsive winos.
Just a matter of time, and we will know if he is gonna use them for the Stones, or for his solo project.
jeroen

Date: July 15, 2012 22:31

all this songwriting...band stuff, solo stuff...celebration stuff. slow down, guys! i think it's time you all took some time off...and just relaxed for awhile...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 15, 2012 23:44

James Kirk

Six songs completed?? Are you sure James?

Date: July 16, 2012 02:31

StonesTod
mailexile67

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm thinking.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home