Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Update - CHUCK LEAVELL on Stones 2011 World Tour (From live MSNBC interview today - Friday)
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:11

Chuck Leavell was on MSNBC - all news channel kinda like CNN (9:50 am Los Angeles time - Friday, Nov. 19 - 15 minutes ago as I write this) to talk about "green power". The last 2 questions were about the Stones. #1 Keith Richards new book - Chuck, "I've been reading it, it's a great read. He's so honest"

#2 A lot of fans want to know, will the band go on tour in 2011. Chuck avoided answering. When she brought up the question again (as he was going on and on about Keith's book) he got a little depressed looking and said "there's been no official word yet from the band... but Keith's been saying little things here and there" - something like that.

In other words. As of now, there are no plans what-so-ever. It's probably Jagger watching the direction of the US economy (my opinion) but if it happens I think it will be very late 2011. The way Chuck avoided answering the question was VERY telling. Don't want to depress anyone just want to report it straight (since I'm sure hardly anybody saw it) Le Mind

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-19 23:33 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT: Just in - CHUCK LEAVELL on Stones 2011 World Tour (From live MSNBC interview today - Friday)
Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:15

why is this OT, Helter?

Re: OT: Just in - CHUCK LEAVELL on Stones 2011 World Tour (From live MSNBC interview today - Friday)
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:16

chuck is going on snl this weekend to announce the demise of the stones. should be a hoot.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:18

Of course he's going to say that. There's been no official word from the band because they havent even met to agree on it yet.

He's toeing the party line of 'Nothing's official until it's confirmed'.

Date: November 19, 2010 20:19

cc
why is this OT, Helter?

Oh yeah, sorry cc, let me fix that...

Date: November 19, 2010 20:28

Gazza
Of course he's going to say that. There's been no official word from the band because they havent even met to agree on it yet.

I don't know, the whole attitude reminds me of the "official silence" around the "Keith Head Injury" incident - no one was saying much - the silence was deafening. Then when you read about it in Keith's Book we find out how super serious it really was - much worse than we all knew. Seems like if they were gung-ho to tour something would have been announced by now. Silence from the Stones camp on important topics always concerns me a bit....

Re: Just in - CHUCK LEAVELL on Stones 2011 World Tour (From live MSNBC interview today - Friday)
Date: November 19, 2010 20:36

maybe chuck won't be involved with the band this time around. bring back matt clifford!! haha.

Re: Just in - CHUCK LEAVELL on Stones 2011 World Tour (From live MSNBC interview today - Friday)
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:36

i can't recall any tour where anything "official" was announced before the actual official announcement. chill.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:46

You would never expect CL to announce or confirm a Stones tour.

He is a Stones session player - maybe for a long time - but has no possibility to express anything official about Stones.

Date: November 19, 2010 20:47

StonesTod
i can't recall any tour where anything "official" was announced before the actual official announcement. chill.

.... just doing a little analyzing (that's just how my brain works). All of this is just a puzzle, inside a riddle, wrapped around an enigma - lol - or something like that ") Le Mind

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 19, 2010 20:55

CrissCrossMind
Chuck Leavell was on MSNBC - all news channel kinda like CNN (9:50 am Los Angeles time - Friday, Nov. 19 - 15 minutes ago as I write this) to talk about "green power". The last 2 questions were about the Stones. #1 Keith Richards new book - Chuck, "I've been reading it, it's a great read. He's so honest"

#2 A lot of fans want to know, will the band go on tour in 2011. Chuck avoided answering. When she brought up the question again (as he was going on and on about Keith's book) he got a little depressed looking and said "there's been no official word yet from the band... but Keith's been saying little things here and there" - something like that.

In other words. As of now, there are no plans what-so-ever. It's probably Jagger watching the direction of the US economy (my opinion) but if it happens I think it will be very late 2011. The way Chuck avoided answering the question was VERY telling. Don't want to depress anyone just want to report it straight (since I'm sure hardly anybody saw it) Le Mind

Fits in with pretty much what is common knowledge and/or what you could just as easily figure out for yourself by paying even very scant attention to the various rumours etc whizzing around; and that is that they haven't got the foggiest what they're gonna be doing ... at least not right now they haven't.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 19, 2010 20:59

mtaylor
You would never expect CL to announce or confirm a Stones tour.

He is a Stones session player - maybe for a long time - but has no possibility to express anything official about Stones.

I agree, but it was in the way he avoided the question. I felt like he was kinda concerned himself about the lack of any kind of announcement.... that's just my take on the whole thing (he could have said, "things are looking good, you might hear something very soon" or something like that if he knew anything. That's not an announcement but it's a bit of hope) We all have our opinions from what we see and hear.... (BTW, I think Chuck is pretty close to Jagger, much more so than the fans/audience realizes. Again, just an opinion)

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 19, 2010 21:00

2011 it will happen

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 19, 2010 21:02

CrissCrossMind - you mustn't make another conspiracy theory about this - the upcomming tour. Please.
It's not true that nothing's planned. The truth is that nothing's CONFIRMED. Big difference, man!
And of course Chuck cant confirm or deny anything. Can you imagine how that would look, when everyone, including KR, have been told to keep quiet?
Like I wrote in another thread: The band meeting's not been held yet.
Then they'll decide, but we know that 3 out of 4 are very keen to tour now.
I suppose they'll do just as they always do: Send out an official statement when the decission's final, everyone's passed the medical (Keith writes about it in his book!) and found a major sponsor and a promotor and are ready to start selling tickets...
Then they're really gonna get us excited. BTW: I think next June is a tad bit early. I think September is a probable tour start. Based on experience and the fact that Keith said in Paris that he'd like them to cut something before the tour. (No, he's NOT talking of having a hair cut. Think again!)

Date: November 19, 2010 21:09

Maybe he does not know because he ain't gonna be on the Stones tour!

Date: November 19, 2010 21:11

bernardandersonII
mickscarey is a troll.

why are you calling names? Huh!

Date: November 19, 2010 21:12

Who's Driving Your Plane?
Maybe he does not know because he ain't gonna be on the Stones tour!
Both Mick and Keith want him there, so he'll be on a tour. If there is a tour.
Have you read about the musicians (hired hands) in Keith's autobiography, "LIFE"?
You really should read it. A lot of knowledge to be picked up.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 21:13

mickscarey
2011 it will happen

You can bet on that, it's just about 5 weeks to go!!!

Date: November 19, 2010 21:14

YES!!!!

Date: November 19, 2010 21:14

BA II hopes not though

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 19, 2010 21:50

Addicted
CrissCrossMind - you mustn't make another conspiracy theory about this - the upcomming tour. Please.
It's not true that nothing's planned. The truth is that nothing's CONFIRMED. Big difference, man!
And of course Chuck cant confirm or deny anything. Can you imagine how that would look, when everyone, including KR, have been told to keep quiet?
I suppose they'll do just as they always do: Send out an official statement when the decission's final, everyone's passed the medical (Keith writes about it in his book!) and found a major sponsor and a promotor and are ready to start selling tickets...
Then they're really gonna get us excited. BTW: I think next June is a tad bit early. I think September is a probable tour start. Based on experience and the fact that Keith said in Paris that he'd like them to cut something before the tour. (No, he's NOT talking of having a hair cut. Think again!)

3 out of 4 are very keen to tour?
Hmmmmmmmmm,I know you won't confirm this. But I'm going to guess that the 1 who isn't is Mick.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 19, 2010 22:04

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 19, 2010 22:09

Additionally, CrissCrossMind/Helter Skelter, why must all your posts have an excessive level of grandiose?

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 19, 2010 22:17

We all know it was Chuck who started the Stones, right?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 19, 2010 22:18

guess Mick is gonna do another solo album, just to f...Keef up
hahahah
jeroen

Date: November 19, 2010 22:36

sweetcharmedlife
Addicted

3 out of 4 are very keen to tour?
Hmmmmmmmmm,I know you won't confirm this. But I'm going to guess that the 1 who isn't is Mick.
See, that's what happens when you take things out of it's context. I NEVER said Mick's not keen to tour. What I said was that we know (because they've said so) that 3 of them are very keen to tour. Mick hasn't been quoted on anything. Yet. The other three have been quoted on saying that they'd love to tour.

Date: November 19, 2010 22:44

Justin
Additionally, CrissCrossMind/Helter Skelter, why must all your posts have an excessive level of grandiose?

Cause I'm an only child and my Parents told me I better be the President of the USA when I grow up or they won't love me anymore. It really screws your head up BIG TIME....thanks for making me aware the disorder is still there thumbs up Le Mind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-19 23:24 by CrissCrossMind.

Date: November 19, 2010 23:30

Why does everyone seem to be so anti - Chuck? He seems like a very nice, talented guy -

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 19, 2010 23:34

CrissCrossMind
Gazza

I don't know, the whole attitude reminds me of the "official silence" around the "Keith Head Injury" incident - no one was saying much - the silence was deafening. Then when you read about it in Keith's Book we find out how super serious it really was - much worse than we all knew. .

Hardly comparable. That was to protect Keith and his family's privacy.

Date: November 19, 2010 23:47

Gazza
CrissCrossMind
Gazza

I don't know, the whole attitude reminds me of the "official silence" around the "Keith Head Injury" incident - no one was saying much - the silence was deafening. Then when you read about it in Keith's Book we find out how super serious it really was - much worse than we all knew. .

Hardly comparable. That was to protect Keith and his family's privacy.

Yes Gazza, the first part I agree with you on but we now know (from Keith's book) they weren't sure Keith was back 100% until after they started the European portion of the tour (which was slightly delayed if I recall). When they don't know - when there's confusion in the camp it always seems like you hear nothing. Fans are waiting, the "3 year rule of touring" is what everyone is used to. When was the last show, 2007? Just my opinion, Le Mind

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1259
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home