Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Solo on TD studio version
Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: November 18, 2010 04:41

I was listening to the solo on the Studio TD. It sounds like there are two solos blended to one. The first part is double stop classic Keith doing his CB thing. Muffled dark tone on the guitar. Then it sounds like it is blended with a clearer single note riffs/line ending the solo. Possibly a blend of both MT and Keith? I am listening to the deluxe exile. Any thoughts? Is this correct?

Go Dawgs!

Re: Solo on TD studio version
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 18, 2010 04:47

I think your theory is a good one, but with the wonderful mush that is the TD mix, we may never find out unless someone talks!

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: November 18, 2010 14:11

71 tele- we tried listening to the virgin disc and ume and even tried
Doing the fade to one speaker thing then another to see and i couldn't tell for sure. It is a great solo and I dont care or think of it as a negative if it is a blend. Just heard the change and trying to figure it out. Great album
Stuff like tilhis gives the album depth IMO.

Go Dawgs!

Date: November 18, 2010 14:16

Sounds like Keith is doing the same trick as he did with HTW, mashing a couple of guitars together as one. Weaving with himself winking smiley

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 18, 2010 14:57

Yes it could be two Keith parts dubbed in.

About HTW, it's MT playing the part twice (panned left). Very effective.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 18, 2010 15:04

Yeah, but what happened in G?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: DD ()
Date: November 18, 2010 19:16

Wolf Marshall gives his thoughts on this, and explains it to some degree, in his book "The Rolling Stones' Guitar Signature Licks: A Step-by-Step Breakdown of the Guitar Styles of Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Mick Taylor and Ron Wood". Recommended (but only for guitar players - I don't think non-musicians would get much out of it).

Declan

Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 18, 2010 19:52

never heard of that book, DD--what exactly are the author's thoughts on the "Tumbling Dice" solo?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home