Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RON WOOD /ZEP/ 1975?
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 14, 2010 19:01

what date did he guest with zep and for how long was he on stage and is there a boot
and is woody audible?

Re: RON WOOD /ZEP/ 1975?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 14, 2010 19:07

According to Nico Zentgraf's website:

750213A 13th February: LED ZEPPELIN. Uniondale, New York, Nassau Coliseum
- Communication Breakdown (Robert Plant/Jimmy Page/John Paul Jones)
Line-up: Ron Wood (gtr) / Robert Plant (voc) / Jimmy Page (gtr) / John Paul Jones (bass) / John Bonham (dr)

Don't know about any boot, I'm afraid.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 14, 2010 19:10

erikjjf
According to Nico Zentgraf's website:

750213A 13th February: LED ZEPPELIN. Uniondale, New York, Nassau Coliseum
- Communication Breakdown (Robert Plant/Jimmy Page/John Paul Jones)
Line-up: Ron Wood (gtr) / Robert Plant (voc) / Jimmy Page (gtr) / John Paul Jones (bass) / John Bonham (dr)

Don't know about any boot, I'm afraid.

What year was this?

Date: November 14, 2010 19:14

750213A 13th February
1975 02 13. that's my guess.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 14, 2010 19:15

bernardandersonII
750213A 13th February
1975 02 13. that's my guess.

Oh yeah!

Makes sense. Thanks!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 14, 2010 19:49

yep it happened. RW climbed onstage for the encore.

[www.argenteumastrum.com]
FEBRUARY 13 - NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, HEMPSTEAD, NEW YORK, NEW YORK (Ron Wood of The Rolling Stones joining the band for Communication Breakdown on second guitar) (THURSDAY 8pm)

SOURCE 1 :
Recording Includes: Band Announcements [ cut? ], Rock And Roll [ 3:47 ] >> Sick Again [ 5:00 ], Over The Hills And Far Away [ 7:23 ], In My Time Of Dying [ 10:32 ], [ cut ], No Quarter [ 17:38 - cut ], [ cut ], Trampled Underfoot [ 7:17 ], Moby Dick [ 24:43 ], [ cut ], Dazed And Confused (<< San Francisco, Walter's Walk..) [ 40:06 - cut? ], [ cut ], Stairway To Heaven [ 12:03 ], [ cut ], Whole Lotta Love [ 5:48 ] >> Out On The Tiles Intro [ 0:10 ] >> Black Dog [ 6:03 ].
Source: Incomplete very good 1st audience recording. 149 minutes.
Details: The tape is clear and all the instruments are discernable. Jones' bass does comes through a little heavy in places but not enough to distort the tape. There is some noticeable high frequency tape hiss at occasion. What worse, one channel drops-out in several places, making listentinf to some songs rather difficult.

SOURCE 2:
Recording Includes: Band Announcements, Rock And Roll >> Sick Again, Over The Hills And Far Away, In My Time Of Dying, The Song Remains The Same >> The Rain Song, Kashmir [ cut ], No Quarter [ cut ], No Quarter, Trampled Underfoot, Moby Dick, Dazed And Confused (<< San Francisco..), Stairway To Heaven, Whole Lotta Love >> Out On The Tiles Intro >> Black Dog, Communication Breakdown.
Source: Almost complete good to very good 2nd audience recording. 182 minutes.

Bootleg LP Reference(s): Nassau Coliseum NY 1975 (no label)

Bootleg CD Reference(s) source 1 & 2 mixes: Fighting Back At The Coliseum (Empress Valley Supreme Disc), The New Faces (Jelly Roll), & Trampled Underwood (Image Quality)

Comments: A great show! The band is strong, Robert's voice is in fair shape and Jimmy is blazing, especially on a great and very long version of Dazed And Confused and an epic Stairway To Heaven solo. Roll Over Beethoven is only a short vocal rehearsal but one of the encores features Ronnie Wood on second guitar, dueling with Page as they trade licks in an extended jam that sounds killer when Jonesy and Bonham jam behind it."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 19:51 by dcba.

Date: November 14, 2010 19:53

Imagine the guy who taped source 1. He runs out of tape just when Honest Ron climbs onstage. LOL!

Posted by: kees ()
Date: November 14, 2010 20:48

The EV sound is not more than average. But there is a chance that a soundboard release will be follow as EV releases approx. once/twice a year great (so far unheard) soundboard recording of the 75 tour

Date: November 14, 2010 21:19

Yep The Feb.12 and Feb.14 gigs are already out in SB form, so...

Date: November 14, 2010 23:57

I just got the track from Dime. Do you want me to upload it?
It's pretty interesting : RW takes the 2nd solo then the song evolves into a free-form funky jam with call-and-response between the 2 axemen.

You can't help but feel Page behaves like a true gentleman as he really downplays his playing skills to match Ron's.

"Do you want me to upload it?"
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-15 10:28 by dcba.

Posted by: loveyoulive75 ()
Date: November 16, 2010 15:35

dcba
I just got the track from Dime. Do you want me to upload it?
It's pretty interesting : RW takes the 2nd solo then the song evolves into a free-form funky jam with call-and-response between the 2 axemen.

You can't help but feel Page behaves like a true gentleman as he really downplays his playing skills to match Ronnie's

Oh, I dunno...I believe Page had already embarked on his looooong affair with smack by that point, so I don't think 'downplaying' his skills was an issue at the time- the heroin was doing that for Jimmy nicely. I've heard some '77/'80 Zeppelin shows where Jimmy is so out of it he makes the post-'coconut tree' Keith seem like Steve Vai.

As for the 13-2-75 "Communication Breakdown" in question, it's a good 'un (sound could be a bit better, though) and it was the ONLY guest spot Zeppelin had in 1975. Woody was privledged, it seems...

As a Keith/Woody/Jimmy Page fanatic that "Scarlet" tune they worked on is a bit of a holy grail for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home