Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

50 Years of The Rolling Stones photo exhibit in Toronto
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 4, 2012 04:53

Celebrating 50 years of The Rolling Stones, Analogue Gallery (673 Queen Street West) presents a retrospective of stunning images from some of rock and roll’s finest photographers.

Included is Philip Townsend’s early image of a young, boyish-looking group photographed along the banks of the Thames, renowned photographs by Barrie Wentzell and Ken Regan that document the band’s rise to success in the 1960s and 1970s, and present-day portraits by Lynn Goldsmith. This exhibition uniquely depicts one of music’s most legendary acts through both famous and rarely-seen photos spanning their incredible 50-year career.

The exhibit will run from May 3-June 3 as part of the Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival

http://analoguegallery.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi?id=45

Re: 50 Years of The Rolling Stones photo exhibit in Toronto
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 4, 2012 05:37

GumbootCloggeroo
Celebrating 50 years of The Rolling Stones, Analogue Gallery (673 Queen Street West) presents a retrospective of stunning images from some of rock and roll’s finest photographers.

Included is Philip Townsend’s early image of a young, boyish-looking group photographed along the banks of the Thames, renowned photographs by Barrie Wentzell and Ken Regan that document the band’s rise to success in the 1960s and 1970s, and present-day portraits by Lynn Goldsmith. This exhibition uniquely depicts one of music’s most legendary acts through both famous and rarely-seen photos spanning their incredible 50-year career.

The exhibit will run from May 3-June 3 as part of the Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival

http://analoguegallery.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi?id=45

Fantastic -- thanks for posting! Wish I were up there. Did you get to the
cocktail reception, Cloggeroo?

Anyone else in Toronto go to tonight's opening? Mickschix are you from Toronto?
I remember some avid woman fan being from Toronto.
-swiss

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2012 06:30

I'm going to be in Toronto in two weeks...I'm going to try and go!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 4, 2012 07:27

This sounds like one of the best Stones photographic exhibitions EVER!
Townsend and Barrie got some quality and sensitive photos of the band.
Ken Regan is such a pro and had great access later. Lynn was on a roll for awhile.

Would be worth it to try for a cheap flight to Toronto.

Swiss -- many thanks for alerting us!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-04 07:29 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 4, 2012 13:06

I'm from Toronto so - thanks kindly for the info. grinning smiley

Date: May 4, 2012 15:50

Cocaine Eyes

I feel your unbridled civic pride bursting from my computer screen.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 4, 2012 16:09

swiss

Fantastic -- thanks for posting! Wish I were up there. Did you get to the
cocktail reception, Cloggeroo?
Nope I didn't hear about it until it was too late. But I plan on going at some point!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 4, 2012 19:33

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes

Oh no, that's not it. I LOVE Toronto! Hey The Stones love it here so why wouldn't I?

The problem is that I'm leaving tomorrow morning until early September so I won't even BE here.

I'm scared to death the STONES will pull a reahearsal-type thing here and I'll miss it. Lately, this band has been rather unpredictable and I'm trying to cover all my bases so I don't miss a small gig. I've been lucky enough to have been to all the small gigs since RPM!! smoking smiley

If they do pull a quickie something-or-other here, I'm making arrangements right now to come home.

Man, the things I do for this band.......

Date: May 4, 2012 21:11

Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes

Oh no, that's not it. I LOVE Toronto! Hey The Stones love it here so why wouldn't I?

The problem is that I'm leaving tomorrow morning until early September so I won't even BE here.

I'm scared to death the STONES will pull a reahearsal-type thing here and I'll miss it. Lately, this band has been rather unpredictable and I'm trying to cover all my bases so I don't miss a small gig. I've been lucky enough to have been to all the small gigs since RPM!! smoking smiley

If they do pull a quickie something-or-other here, I'm making arrangements right now to come home.

Man, the things I do for this band.......

Actually I enjoy TO as well. Good luck with it this summer...seems though you should be fine if they're not actually going to do a tour until 2013.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home