Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT : New Michael Jackson songs are 'fake', says his mother
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: November 8, 2010 15:07

You can listen to the "new" (and fake ?) song Breaking News here :
[breakingnews.michaeljackson.com]

Katherine Jackson claims singer's former associates gave his label 'false tracks' for posthumous LP

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Michael Jackson's forthcoming album includes several "fake" songs, his mother has reportedly claimed. Due on 14 December, Michael is the first posthumous collection of unreleased Jackson songs; but Katherine Jackson is reportedly disappointed with the compilation, claiming some of the singer's former associates gave his label "false tracks".

Today is a big day for Jackson fans. Sony has released Breaking News, the first single from the album, and Oprah will air her exclusive interview with Jackson's children and mother. According to a report by Canada's CTV News, Katherine will say in the interview that "some of the tracks on the album are fake". The songs in question were apparently recorded in 2007, while Michael was living in New Jersey with his friends the Cascio family. "[Katherine] says the Cascios have added some things and given the Sony corporation false tracks," reporter Diane Dimond said. Jackson's father, Joseph, and his children, Paris and Prince, also claim it is not always Michael's singing voice.

If that weren't strange enough, Katherine herself has been implicated in a separate "fake" Michael Jackson release. On Friday, the website Jackson's Secret Vault posted a song called Opis None, described as an "authentic, unreleased MJ track for the fans ... With L.O.V.E. from Mrs [Katherine] Jackson." In a statement to TMZ, the website called it "an effort to overcome the confusion as to the authenticity of [the estate's new songs]" and "give an actual authentic Michael Jackson track to the world for free". You can hear the song here.

But this track, a dire cut'n'paste dance tune, was quickly identified by fans as a remix of the 1978 Jackson Five song, Destiny. And Katherine's granddaughter, Taj, wrote on Twitter that her "grandma ... didn't even know about the 'song', nor did she authorise it".

However, this isn't the case of some random blogger making up a Michael Jackson song. Jackson's Secret Vault is the publisher of Katherine's new book, which she is promoting on Oprah. Katherine is a business partner of the owner, Howard Mann, who acquired a warehouse of rare Jackson memorabilia prior to the singer's death. This relationship isn't something Michael's executors are enthusiastic about: "[Mann] may be using his relationship with [Katherine] Jackson to infringe upon Michael Jackson's copyrights, to the detriment of, among others, Michael's three kids," estate lawyer Howard Weitzman said in June.

In response to the criticism, Jackson's Secret Vault has changed the description of Opis None, now calling it "a dance remake created from unreleased masters". "This track was NOT released by Mrs Jackson," it said, in a complete reversal. "We sincerely apologise to the fans for any confusion."

Finally, there's been one last bit of Michael Jackson-related chicanery, this time aimed at Sony Music. Eagle-eyed observers of the new album cover, painted by Kadir Nelson, noticed a tiny Prince symbol hidden on its right side (floating near his pet tiger's left ear). In the images posted to Sony's official Michael Jackson store, the icon has vanished. "No permission [to use the trademark] was granted," Prince's management explained to the blog Dr Funkenberry. "Sony Entertainment has removed the symbol."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-08 15:09 by Massimo68.

Re: OT : New Michael Jackson songs are 'fake', says his mother
Date: November 8, 2010 15:50

...ónly the new ones??!
I considered every 'cut' of his rather fake ever since/ right after "Thriller"...

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 8, 2010 19:20

more sleaze from one of the sleaziest families in show business history - Mrs J can say what she wants - but in the big picture - she and the rest of the Jackson family vultures will never stop picking MJ's bones dry - i find them disgusting

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: November 8, 2010 20:48

This is all just self-promotion and shameless use of Michael Jackson's fame to cash in. That's all his death seems to mean to these people, a payday!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 8, 2010 21:18

Someone please make all of this go away....

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 9, 2010 00:43

Who cares. Hope his chalet in heaven isnt near a children's day care center.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 9, 2010 02:07

The only Jackson I believe is Janet. The rest, a group of vultures who fed on Micheal's talents his entire life.
And MississippiBullfrog, most of MJ's most compelling and edgy material came Post-Thriller and after the circus-like dramas, but by then, no one was listening. Too bad - while Prince became more bland, MJ became more daring, audacious and willfully uncommercial in his music.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-09 02:10 by stupidguy2.

Date: November 9, 2010 02:28

stupidguy2
The only Jackson I believe is Janet. The rest, a group of vultures who fed on Micheal's talents his entire life.
And MississippiBullfrog, most of MJ's most compelling and edgy material came Post-Thriller and after the circus-like dramas, but by then, no one was listening. Too bad - while Prince became more bland, MJ became more daring, audacious and willfully uncommercial in his music.

prince became even more uncommercial

Date: November 9, 2010 03:21

keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2

In terms of selling and hits, yes, but Prince' music became more self-indulgently weird and insulated. MJ, while he was a Billboard and public pariah, was really raging and exorcizing some private turmoil in his music.
Check this out:

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 9, 2010 04:17

Funny, I always thought all of MJ's stuff sounded fake! ONe of the most overblown over hyped artists. Never got it.

Date: November 9, 2010 05:10

stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2

In terms of selling and hits, yes, but Prince' music became more self-indulgently weird and insulated. MJ, while he was a Billboard and public pariah, was really raging and exorcizing some private turmoil in his music.
Check this out:

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

so you are admitting prince experimented more

Date: November 9, 2010 05:14

Did you hear about the new Michael Jackson Burger at McDonalds? It's a big piece of meat between two little buns.

Date: November 9, 2010 05:40

keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2

Check this out:

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

This ain't no contest Riffhard,
just a preference. I love both artists, but it is ironic that while Prince was seen as the more "experimental" one, (and he was early on), MJ was doing stuff post-thriller that was really on the edge raw and almost industrial, about isolation,paranoia, fear and anger...... people think he just regressed with the more pop shit of the early 90s hits, but his better stuff flew under the radar. He became less a pop machine releasing hits, than a real artist unleashing inner turmoil.
Prince was still singing about sex, God and sex and God...and sex. To me, its about groove too. Prince was a musical prodigy, but MJ was purely organic, like J. Brown, Keef, with grooves like Don't Stop or Smooth Criminal. And the themes from Thriller were actually pretty dark....disguised in cartoon imagery.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-09 05:45 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 9, 2010 06:45

His new songs couldn't be anymore fake than his face before he bought it!

Date: November 9, 2010 07:47

Here Michael, hold this grenade while I pull the pin and run. Don't drop it.

Date: November 9, 2010 14:02

stupidguy2

...and I admit: I was one of them. It just didn't sound interesting anymore...
But thanx for pointing this out!!
Why not: I might give it another shot.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Date: November 9, 2010 14:57

stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2

Check this out:

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

This ain't no contest Riffhard,
just a preference. I love both artists, but it is ironic that while Prince was seen as the more "experimental" one, (and he was early on), MJ was doing stuff post-thriller that was really on the edge raw and almost industrial, about isolation,paranoia, fear and anger...... people think he just regressed with the more pop shit of the early 90s hits, but his better stuff flew under the radar. He became less a pop machine releasing hits, than a real artist unleashing inner turmoil.
Prince was still singing about sex, God and sex and God...and sex. To me, its about groove too. Prince was a musical prodigy, but MJ was purely organic, like J. Brown, Keef, with grooves like Don't Stop or Smooth Criminal. And the themes from Thriller were actually pretty dark....disguised in cartoon imagery.

yeah like the stuff jackson did with the album dangerous, the album written by teddy riley.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 9, 2010 19:40

whitem8
Funny, I always thought all of MJ's stuff sounded fake! ONe of the most overblown over hyped artists. Never got it.

Agreed 200 %, I just will add MJ as Michael JACKSON not the other MJ...winking smiley

HMN

Date: November 9, 2010 20:49

Honestman
whitem8

Agreed 200 %, I just will add MJ as Michael JACKSON not the other MJ...winking smiley

boy george from culture club was imo more talented as a writer than jackson

Date: November 9, 2010 21:21

keefriffhard4life

yeah like the stuff jackson did with the album dangerous, the album written by teddy riley.

No, like Blood on the Dance Floor, Stranger in Moscow (IMO, his best latter-day song)Money, etc....
songs you've probably never heard of, which is my point. The more commercial, pop stuff was usually someone else. Even on Off the Wall, the harder, syncopated rhythms (Working Day and Night, Don't Stop) were Michael, while Quincy Jones (Rock with You)wanted more smoother R&B sounds. MJ used to tell Jones he was too jazz.
But his own material, like Smooth Criminal, was the more weird and funky.
You can have a preference for Prince, but you're implying, Riffhard, that MJ was some fabricated invention and that's silly.
It's like Stones fans saying the Beatles were talentless hacks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-09 21:24 by stupidguy2.

Date: November 9, 2010 21:48

actually the disc of new material on HISTORY is my favorite thing to listen to from jackson. not sure about before BAD or after BAD but on the album BAD the songs credited to just jackson (which is all but 2) were actually written by the studio guys doing the music. jackson had a lot of melodies/rough ideas/etc and those guys turned them into songs. the contract they signed for that album made it so they did not get writing credits the same way ozzy is credited as writing all of the album bark at the moon by himself but really bob daisley and jake e. lee wrote most of it. i think it was actually dann huff who wrote of lot of the stuff on BAD at least music wise. BAD was supposed to be at least a double album and this is one of the reasons jones did not produce anything for jackson after that. the falling out from BAD along with prince releasing a double album (sign "o" the times) is a long story and really why teddy riley was brought in after that

Date: November 9, 2010 21:56

MJ was a master of the grooves, He was not a songwriter in the sense of say, Smokey Robinson...this is true.
Which is why his best stuff is the purely ryhthmic workouts. But again, a song like Money is all Jackson and its brilliant.

Date: November 9, 2010 22:00

the only song credited to just jackson that i can honestly believe he wrote all by himself is "billie jean"

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 00:16

I'm beginning to re-think this whole "there's no such thing as bad publicity" theory.

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Date: November 10, 2010 03:31

keefriffhard4life
the only song credited to just jackson that i can honestly believe he wrote all by himself is "billie jean"

Keef, are you on mission to pull the curtain back?
Sheesh....
your claim is debatable, but if it makes you feel better, I prefered Prince to MJ circa 83, mainly because of the backlash. But I reversed that later when I learned to appreciate MJ's almost primal gifts as a performer and human livewire.

Date: November 10, 2010 05:12

stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life

Keef, are you on mission to pull the curtain back?
Sheesh....
your claim is debatable, but if it makes you feel better, I prefered Prince to MJ circa 83, mainly because of the backlash. But I reversed that later when I learned to appreciate MJ's almost primal gifts as a performer and human livewire.

my claim is based off of the fact the billie jean demo is the only demo that sounds almost just like the version that ended up on an album.

Date: November 10, 2010 21:40

What about the demos to Working Day and Night or Don 't stop.....?
So what you're saying is that if the song doesn't sound like the demo, someone else wrote it?
Demos are rough drafts. I still don't get what your saying except that you're sounding like a Prince fan who hates MJ getting so much attention.
Who cares? Its all subjective whether you prefer Prince or think MJ was some fraud.....
The music stands.

Date: November 10, 2010 21:54

A dead pedophile is a good start. Hurt a kid,woman or animal and I might have a few words in response.Goodbye MJ. You may have been a pop star, but you remain the worlds most famous child molester in my view .

Date: November 10, 2010 22:00

Toker, that's an entirely different topic and it goes under the heading of Money: and what others will do for it. But I will refrain.....

Date: November 10, 2010 22:36

Midnight Toker
Did you hear about the new Michael Jackson Burger at McDonalds? It's a big piece of meat between two little buns.
Midnight Toker, you seem to be disgusted by Michael Jackson and yet you make a joke about pedophilia. real classy.

people are so quick to label Jackson as a child molester without even knowing the facts or reading about the unsubstantiated accusations or how money played a huge part in all of this. they just believe what the media tells them.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home