Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Taylor Friday 13th April. Arches Glasgow
Posted by: belld ()
Date: April 11, 2012 22:23

See you there Teleblaster and others.

Re: Mick Taylor Friday 13th April. Arches Glasgow
Posted by: FM ()
Date: April 11, 2012 22:29

Look like it's been cancelled confused smiley

[www.thearches.co.uk]

Date: April 11, 2012 22:33

FM
Look like it's been cancelled confused smiley

[www.thearches.co.uk][/quote
Thanks for this. Collected tix yesterday but no mention of this. MTs recent reliability again in question as is his popularity sadly.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:03

FFS! Mrs Skelly was going to pick up the tix tomorrow!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:09

You cannot ever rely on a Mick Taylor gig.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 11, 2012 23:50

Thanks, David, for your lead on this.

I suspect that ticket sales were an issue, but here we go again, Mick Taylor ain't the most reliable booking.

I can't see a rearranged date, but will be up for it if it ever happens.

We had a night organised; if you want to go ahead without the gig, we can agree on a better restaurant!

Summer on the Isles of Coll and Harris will proceed unimpeded.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-12 00:06 by teleblaster.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: April 12, 2012 03:58

Hmm.. wonder if the gig in York tonight will go ahead?

Date: April 12, 2012 13:15

The website still describes it as being "rescheduled". Anybody know the new date (if, indeed, there is one)?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 12, 2012 13:30

Don't know anything why it's cancelled but there's often insecurity around Taylor. Doesn't look promising for a comeback in the Stones.
Ronnie is a rock nowadays, I think. But Taylor and Richards seem to be fragile.

Date: April 12, 2012 14:27

"Due to unforeseen circumstances..." Hmm confused smiley

Date: April 12, 2012 14:43

Just spoke to the venue. They are hoping to have it rescheduled, but advise ticket holders to get a refund. Person I spoke to was off yesterday. Came in today to an email advising that the promoters had cancelled the gig due to - yes - "unforeseen circumstances".

Posted by: euro'73 ()
Date: April 12, 2012 15:06

He can't play the gig due to an invitation to show up in the studio to play with his old bandmates.
Since nobody is aloud to talk about this subject they call it "unforeseen circumstances.

Date: April 12, 2012 16:51

champ72
Hmm.. wonder if the gig in York tonight will go ahead?

Tickets were on sale until a couple of minutes ago for collection. Now it's changed to pay at the door with no refunds for under 14s. [www.seetickets.com]
So looks like York is still happening.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 12, 2012 16:54

euro'73
He can't play the gig due to an invitation to show up in the studio to play with his old bandmates.
Since nobody is aloud to talk about this subject they call it "unforeseen circumstances.

hmmm...you've definitely located the silver lining!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 12, 2012 17:58

euro'73

You have evidence of this or is it entirely speculation on your part?

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: April 12, 2012 20:24

Dreadfully disappointed by this.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 12, 2012 22:48

According to his website he plays in York tonight

[www.micktaylor.com]

Date: April 13, 2012 00:09

CaledonianGonzo
Dreadfully disappointed by this.
Hey Caledonia Gonzo, I can assure you that your deep disappointment is shared by many of the Scottish Stones clan - Jumpin' Jock Flash, if you like! Hopefully, it will be rescheduled. Personally, though, I wont be holding my breath, but you never know.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: April 13, 2012 00:26

Teleblaster, how about the ferry again, early May. There's another tribute act on. I'll just need to arrange a babysitter for wee Keith and Anita and I'll be there. smileys with beer

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: April 13, 2012 00:55

skelly
Teleblaster, how about the ferry again, early May. There's another tribute act on. I'll just need to arrange a babysitter for wee Keith and Anita and I'll be there. smileys with beer
Yep has there ever been a bad Stones gig in Glasgow? Shirts off, balls out, bottles thrown, no messing Rock and Roll.

Date: April 13, 2012 08:28

skelly

I see they're doing the Friday and the Saturday! Will check my work schedule today (I sometimes have to do weekend cover). Belld can usually be relied upon to provide a selection of drinking and bouncing Stones fans at such events.

Date: April 13, 2012 09:27

Any news from this?

[www.yorkpress.co.uk]

Date: April 13, 2012 16:06

teleblaster
skelly

I see they're doing the Friday and the Saturday! Will check my work schedule today (I sometimes have to do weekend cover). Belld can usually be relied upon to provide a selection of drinking and bouncing Stones fans at such events.
Yes indeed 2 nights listed at the Ferry. Strange, it aint a small venue and it does seem improbable there will be enough interest.I will press gang the bouncing bevvy merchants to gig on Saturday the 5th. Food will no doubt again be basic at best but intend to book a table. Teleblaster and SKelly let me know please.

Date: April 13, 2012 18:02

belld
teleblaster
skelly

Yes indeed 2 nights listed at the Ferry. Strange, it aint a small venue and it does seem improbable there will be enough interest.I will press gang the bouncing bevvy merchants to gig on Saturday the 5th. Food will no doubt again be basic at best but intend to book a table. Teleblaster and SKelly let me know please.

I should be able to manage on the Saturday - will consult with Ms Blaster. Will likely pass up on the prospect of dining at the Ferry due to the plethora of less basic establishments in the short distances between the humble abode, the local booze boutique and the Ferry itself.

Any other takers?

Posted by: Foggy86 ()
Date: April 14, 2012 00:26

I was at the York gig last night. Mick played for about 90 minutes and included, "No Expectations" and "Stop Breaking Down" in the set.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 14, 2012 03:18

He couldn't be arsed travelling to Glasgow?

Date: April 14, 2012 09:25

His Majesty

Poor ticket sales or a more pressing engagement? Whatever, not the way to impress the ticket buyers. He obviously wasn't sick!

This doesn't help his reputation for not being the most reliable. Personally, I suspect poor ticket sales as the gig was fairly short notice and advertising was limited. The venue, too, isn't everybody's favourite - me included - and that may have been a factor if ticket sales were low; I've certainly passed up the chance of seeing a number of bands there that I would otherwise have seen had they been playing a venue which I preferred, e.g., ABC, the Academy. The sound in The Arches is not great and it can be a bit claustrophobic (not in a nice way). Also, you've got to walk for miles to get a smoke (and then you're in Argyle Street across from the station).

I don't suppose there's any word of the rescheduled date yet? Nothing on The Arches site anyway.

Date: April 14, 2012 11:40

teleblaster
His Majesty

Poor ticket sales or a more pressing engagement? Whatever, not the way to impress the ticket buyers. He obviously wasn't sick!

This doesn't help his reputation for not being the most reliable. Personally, I suspect poor ticket sales as the gig was fairly short notice and advertising was limited. The venue, too, isn't everybody's favourite - me included - and that may have been a factor if ticket sales were low; I've certainly passed up the chance of seeing a number of bands there that I would otherwise have seen had they been playing a venue which I preferred, e.g., ABC, the Academy. The sound in The Arches is not great and it can be a bit claustrophobic (not in a nice way). Also, you've got to walk for miles to get a smoke (and then you're in Argyle Street across from the station).

I don't suppose there's any word of the rescheduled date yet? Nothing on The Arches site anyway.
Bad pint last night old boy? Yep I agree, poor ticket sales the most likely.

Date: April 14, 2012 12:10

Some videos from York April 12 - enjoy, great "SBD"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-14 12:12 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: April 14, 2012 13:57

Thanks a lot for Mick! - Always highly appreciated!
CrazyMama

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home