Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Bon Jovi on X factor - horrid
Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: October 31, 2010 22:09

Just watched Bon Jovi on X Factor with all the contestants singing on stage to 'Living on a Prayer'- pretty horrible stuff!

Re: OT Bon Jovi on X factor - horrid
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 31, 2010 22:11

............ ya shouldn't be so hard on yaself.....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 31, 2010 22:15

Yeah your right there Rocky! Serves me right for watching it in the first place!

Date: October 31, 2010 22:33

Baxter Thwaites
Bon Jovi are horrid. X Factor is horrid. It stands to reason that a Bon Jovi X factor combi would be doubly horrid.

Well put!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 31, 2010 23:42

nanker phelge
Just watched Bon Jovi on X Factor with all the contestants singing on stage to 'Living on a Prayer'- pretty horrible stuff!
Was Gazza there?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 31, 2010 23:45

sweetcharmedlife
nanker phelge
Was Gazza there?

I thought I saw him in the front row- i think he was trying to get Jon Bon Jovi to sign his 'Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits' CD cool smiley

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: November 1, 2010 00:10

Greatest hits? That's rhyming slang for tits and we all know it. Gazza won't wash for weeks after this.

Did anyone see "Have I got news for you" yesterday when they were mocking the x-factor? Paul Merton and his team mate said the x -factor was fixed and then worried that they would get sued. Guest host John Bishop then turned and said "The x-factor is fixed and not only that, it's also shit!"
Was very funny.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 1, 2010 01:13

The X-Factor and Bon Jovi. The personification of Entertainment Hell.

Cowell as Satan, Walsh as Beelzebub and that poodle haired warbling twat providing the main instrument of torture. The musical equivalent of having red hot pokers shoved up your bangle for all eternity.

Thankfully, I was asleep, having accidentally swallowed some of my own venom, and my wife didnt dare turn over to it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-01 01:16 by Gazza.

Date: November 1, 2010 03:56

"The X-Factor and Bon Jovi. The personification of Entertainment Hell."

Use of the word entertainment here is an insult to anything that has even been considered mildly amusing, even in this context. I would rather watch an animal be mutilated than watch the x-factor, it would sound better.

Imagine being exposed to a fire so hot that your eyes actually melted out of your head. Then imagine Bon Jovi on the x-factor. Which would you rather have? I'm saying the melting eyes by a long way!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 1, 2010 04:09

On Halloween? That is the scarier than any horror movie that I watched last night! As was said above they are both the nadir of popular American culture. Terrible!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 1, 2010 10:22

the X-Factor is loathsome.

Bon Jovi aren't necessary loathsome, they're just poor quality,stadium pop-rock.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 1, 2010 13:08

SoulPlunderer
Greatest hits? That's rhyming slang for tits and we all know it. Gazza won't wash for weeks after this.

Did anyone see "Have I got news for you" yesterday when they were mocking the x-factor? Paul Merton and his team mate said the x -factor was fixed and then worried that they would get sued. Guest host John Bishop then turned and said "The x-factor is fixed and not only that, it's also shit!"
Was very funny.

I saw that, very funny!!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 1, 2010 13:14

"Bon Jovi aren't necessary loathsome, they're just poor quality,stadium pop-rock."

Thats you of the Gazza xmas list.....

;-)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 1, 2010 14:45

whitem8
On Halloween? That is the scarier than any horror movie that I watched last night! As was said above they are both the nadir of popular American culture. Terrible!

Whilst I'd normally be delighted to blame this tasteless phenomenon on you Yanks, I'm afraid that the thing originated over here as 'Pop Idol' prior to the franchise being exported to the US and elsewhere.

But hey, if you want to claim it as your own, we'll be happy to do a trade-in for rock 'n' roll.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 1, 2010 14:51

Alice Cooper was good on Strictly Come Dancing...I'll get my coat.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 1, 2010 15:14

How did Bon Jovi get onto X Factory anyway? Cowell is usually quite anti-guitar, except when Matt Cardle strummed along to Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby One More Time.

X Factor is just supreme self-interest in spades - the show is made by a Cowell company, the winning act will be signed and managed by Cowell and he sits as a judge. Oh yeah, and lets not forget judge Cheryl Cole giving a "world exclusive" of her new single. Has anyone outside of the UK even heard of her?!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 1, 2010 15:17

Baxter Thwaites
Bon Jovi are horrid. X Factor is horrid. It stands to reason that a Bon Jovi X factor combi would be doubly horrid.

Could NOT have said it better!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 1, 2010 19:04

Gazza
whitem8

Whilst I'd normally be delighted to blame this tasteless phenomenon on you Yanks, I'm afraid that the thing originated over here as 'Pop Idol' prior to the franchise being exported to the US and elsewhere.

But hey, if you want to claim it as your own, we'll be happy to do a trade-in for rock 'n' roll.
No,we steal all of your bad ideals.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: November 1, 2010 20:39

Braincapers
Alice Cooper was good on Strictly Come Dancing...I'll get my coat.

He was great! smileys with beer

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 1, 2010 20:40

Yes, i quite agree, rubish BUT X factor is the most watched TV programme in the UK at the moment so if Bon Jovi want to sell a UK tour to all the X factor fans then this was the place to do it.

Can't stand Bon Jovi or Xfactor but good luck if thats what they want to do.

Date: November 1, 2010 22:16

"How did Bon Jovi get onto X Factory anyway? Cowell is usually quite anti-guitar"

If it's cheesy, shite and souless enough, he'll have it! I hate that everyone watches this shit. When people discuss it, I get so annoyed and I must get asked at least 5 times a week "did you see the x-factor on Saturday?" Argh!!!!!

And as for Bon Jovi, don't get me started or I'll go Gazza on ya! I only have one word for then and it's eugh....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home