Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Chuck Berry kicked of Keith from stage 1972! What happened?
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: February 4, 2014 06:08

dcba
To make this thread even more shambolic >grinning smiley< here's our two hot-blooded lovebirds together onstage :

860606A 1986 6th June: CHUCK BERRY. Chicago, Illinois, Grant Park, ‘Annual Blues Festival’.
- Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry)
- It Hurts Me Too (Hudson Whittaker)
- Reelin’ And Rockin’ (Chuck Berry)
Line-up: KR (gtr)/Chuck Berry (gtr, voc)/Matt 'Guitar' Murphy (gtr)/& others

Link : [www50.zippyshare.com]
Source : a Dime torrent "A JRD ANALOG MASTER KRW_CO TRANSFER"

Thanks!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: February 4, 2014 06:44

Chuck Berry played at my univerity eaons ago. This was in NY. I was wandering backstage and I see him looking out the window at one of the warm up bands playing outdoors. He was smoking some weed and in some other space or place I suppose. I walked up to compliment him on his music...... I had no more that uttered a few words and he waved me off. As in get lost kid.

I was shocked at this famous rock n roll guy being so rude but I was too young to know anything back then. Yes he always demanded to be paid upfront and he traveled without a band. In each city there would be some young guns eagar to be his backup band for the night. They all knew his tunes. These guys in the backup bands must have some good Chuck Berry tales

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 07:10

Think about it. Chuck played his ass off for years and barely made a living. Keith the young brash white englishmen of all thing's showed up on the scene playing Chucks same licks making way bigger money has the nerve to overplay Chuck on his own stage? It's a miricle an ornary old cuss like Chuck only hit him once.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 2, 2014 21:10

Keiths black eye. (1981 incident)
http://www.nme.in/10-rare-rolling-stones-pictures-from-bill-wymans-scrapbook/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-03 03:02 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 2, 2014 21:47

stonehearted
Keith tells that story in the Hail! Hail! Rock and Roll movie, except that he places the incident backstage at a show in 1965.

The Department of Historical Accuracy apologises for not noticing this earlier, but this is a misunderstanding.
Keith relates the story in Hail Hail indeed, but he doesn't say anything that would lead one to think it happened in 1965.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 3, 2014 02:18

rob51
Think about it. Chuck played his ass off for years and barely made a living. Keith the young brash white englishmen of all thing's showed up on the scene playing Chucks same licks making way bigger money has the nerve to overplay Chuck on his own stage? It's a miricle an ornary old cuss like Chuck only hit him once.

True, but it doesn't excuse his behavior for the duration of his life. Little Richard, Muddy Waters, etc... all went through the mud to get ANY notoriety. Many of the greats got a second wind in their collective carrers with the advent of the Stones. Those guys resented the frustration of the race barrier and everything else, but the Stones tore down so much of that! Not to mention that Muddy/etc did not take out their frustration on their fans.

Posted by: PTownshend ()
Date: May 3, 2014 09:40

The fact that everyone talks about Chuck so often here leads me to believe you all love him.thumbs up

Date: May 10, 2014 02:39

PTownshend
The fact that everyone talks about Chuck so often here leads me to believe you all love him.thumbs up
In all fairness, he was one of the Stones' early influences, and it's always entertaining hearing of his encounters with Mr. Richards...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home