Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Collection Stolen
Posted by: SomeGirlsXXX ()
Date: February 28, 2012 22:24

Just had my Stones DVD collection stolen this past weekend. I had approx. 30 items collected over a lifetime. Mostly one off stuff from the small record store on a NY trip etc. I'm really missing the exile tour stuff. LA Forum, rare locations etc. Anyone have a lead on a means to replace such a collection of dated shows, without spending 20 years of travel to find them? I've spent literally $10's of thousands on Official Stones merchandise & shows. I've just really fallen in love with the 70's stones & would like to get some of my videos back. Thanks for any direction you guys might have.

Re: Stones Collection Stolen
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 28, 2012 22:30

Contact your insurance company, get the cash and google is your friend

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: February 28, 2012 23:12

Sorry to hear that. - Hope you will get it back.
I had a break-inn for about 20 years ago and lost my CD's so I know.
(But I have a bit of luck after all, my vinyls was still there)

Per-Arne

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 28, 2012 23:16

That really sucks. I am very sorry for you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 28, 2012 23:31

Very sorry to hear this.
Have you filed a police report?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 28, 2012 23:46

Well ain't that just a Stones fan for you.
Thieving bastards the lot of ya.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 28, 2012 23:56

Rolling Hansie
That really sucks. I am very sorry for you.
Ditto - your home owner's (or apartment insurance) should cover it. But that does nothing to restore your collection.

Do you know anyone in a crime family who could find the perp & bust some knee caps and steal it back for you? I bet it was those jealous, in-fighting Beatles fans smoking smiley

Seriously - I'm really sorry!! Found some good stuff from the STP '72 here in Memphis at second hand shops; hopefully, you'll be able to start rebuilding your collection.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 29, 2012 00:29

Who here stole it? Fess up.

Seriously, sorry to hear of it. I once posted on a board like this that I wondered what the 8-track-tape version of BEAST OF BURDEN sounded like. And a fan answered that he'd send me a copy of the 8-track-tape Some Girls (plus some 12" singles recordings I didn't have) if I'd send him American red licorice (he lived in Australia). And thus I got my hands on the 8-track Some Girls and other stuff. The Internet is obviously a great source for obscure stuff. So go fishing there/here. (Which I guess is what you're doing, but specifics might help.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-29 00:34 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 29, 2012 00:41

Sorry to hear about your situation too, but you are in luck if you are Bit Torrent savvy... there are literally 100's of Stones shows on the various BT sites, Dime is a good one & Hunger City too... if you need more info contact me off list...

-Ed

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 29, 2012 02:03

Very sad for you ...........but all what was stole from you is free to download .....go for it...you already paid for it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-29 22:23 by NICOS.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: February 29, 2012 02:07

Maybe the watchman will tell us who stole it on July 12th.... HA!

Seriously sorry to hear about this. Gold rings onya.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 29, 2012 02:18

If that is all what was stolen I don't think the deductible will cover it. Although the personal value is high I don't think the economical value of 30 rock DVD:s are that high. And if there is a value it's up to the insured party to prove it. Which is, I guess, not always that easy to do. Regrettably...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-29 02:23 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 29, 2012 02:35

ROCKMAN

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 29, 2012 11:06

If someone stole my Stones collection I would like to think if they sold it off it was for at least a decent price.To have valuable stuff stolen is bad enough but for it to be sold off cheap just adds insult to injury.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Raluca ()
Date: February 29, 2012 11:23

That´s a lot of shit. Because there is your heart on this collection. Bastard !!!

Greetings Raluca

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 29, 2012 11:24

Was that the only thing they stole, or was it a "general" burglary? If the latter, then sadly the thieves probably have no idea of the Stones-related value of what they took.

Date: February 29, 2012 12:10

Sorry to hear about that SGXXX. It's frustrating because these kind of items are only valuable to folks like us.
I had to re-start from zero one time too. And it had been a lifetime of collecting. What made a HUGE difference with me was to see it as a good thing. A new challenge. Plus I was allowed to feel to thrill of finding these a second time around.

I think most DVDs, even rare ones, should be easy to find again. same with boot CDs.
If you want to be more specific, or post in Hot Stuff I bet many , including myself could give pointers.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 29, 2012 18:06

Well, over the years I had many Stones items lost or stolen.
But years ago when there was a really bad burglary with almost anything of value stolen from me, - one of the few things left was my huge Stones collection.
There you go . .

Date: February 29, 2012 18:23

So sad for you and I know how much we like the Stones.

And yes, almost everything is free to download now but having the material is a different story, I know.

Keep yer chin up, your better person than the thief.

Posted by: purepop ()
Date: February 29, 2012 18:51

SomeGirlsXXX
Just had my Stones DVD collection stolen this past weekend. I had approx. 30 items collected over a lifetime. Mostly one off stuff from the small record store on a NY trip etc. I'm really missing the exile tour stuff. LA Forum, rare locations etc. Anyone have a lead on a means to replace such a collection of dated shows, without spending 20 years of travel to find them? I've spent literally $10's of thousands on Official Stones merchandise & shows. I've just really fallen in love with the 70's stones & would like to get some of my videos back. Thanks for any direction you guys might have.

I can help you with some of your collection contact me at
purepop1978@gmail.com

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: February 29, 2012 18:54

I'm so sorry this happened.

Call your insurance people AND look at eBay to see if anything shows up.

Also, perhaps contact your local used book stores, used record stores, anywhere where the thief could sell the stuff.

I'd call the cops - who was the last person in your house?

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: February 29, 2012 21:31

HARD LUCK,sorry to hear that, hope you can replace some of your collection over time.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 29, 2012 21:37

Watch craigs list and watch ebay.

You can put "notify me if an item appears" (or something like that) on ebay,
this is not for stolen items specifically, it is for people looking for stuff,
but you can use it for this.

I read something a while back about a guy who NEVER gave up looking for his
stolen guitar, he always watched craigs list and ebay and.... voila... it
came up on ebay after 5 years.

You might also contact the local pawns shops, tell them your stuff was stolen,
and please look out for it. Do it today, they will probaly try to sell it quick.

I doubt a Stones fan stole you stuff, so the thief will try to sell it...
and if a fan did steal and just keeps it..... may they be struck down by the
most vengeful hand.... hell even if they arent a fan... may they be struck down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-29 21:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: March 1, 2012 01:34

SomeGirlsXXX

Give me your email maybe we can work something out.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 1, 2012 01:47

Did they take the Stones but leave all the Beatles stuff behind? It could be a clue. Those f uckers!

When all else fails there are a couple fantastic psychics in NYC who can nail the whereabouts of stuff like this fairly consistently. Thats why police departments use them. Sounds serious enough to get the X-team involved.

Finally, there is a reason for everything. Even though it seems unlikely, this may be for your greatest good. And you can't take it with you to the Big House in the end anyway....small consolation. peace

Posted by: nick ()
Date: March 1, 2012 03:04

What else was stolen? I ask because if we take a step back from this would any of us risk criminal charges just to steal Rolling Stones items???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home