Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Carlos Santana
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 4, 2012 21:54

I'm talking to him next week - it's a tight schedule - limited scope of topics I've been told - that said, if there are any questions you'd like considered, pop 'em here and I'll see what I can do

Re: OT - Carlos Santana
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 4, 2012 22:21

Does he still look back at Woodstock and the times as great times and great gigs of the early days.I certainly do,although Carlos has been great throughout the decades. winking smiley

Date: February 4, 2012 22:33

he played Altamont too, remember

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:19

does he think mt ripped him off on cyhmk? and does he think he outgunned him on his own version on the last album? i'll take my answers off-air....

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:39

Why can't he do an album with the likes of John McLaughlin and Jeff Beck, instead of rubbish with today's current stars ?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 5, 2012 00:12

StonesTod
does he think mt ripped him off on cyhmk? and does he think he outgunned him on his own version on the last album?

Don't post when you're drunk.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: February 5, 2012 00:24

would he consider joining the stones as lead guitarist?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 5, 2012 00:24

Amsterdamned
StonesTod
does he think mt ripped him off on cyhmk? and does he think he outgunned him on his own version on the last album?

Don't post when you're drunk.

i think it's kinda rude of hb to tell carlos that...would be interesting to hear the reaction, tho'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-05 00:26 by StonesTod.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 5, 2012 00:29

hbwriter
I'm talking to him next week - it's a tight schedule - limited scope of topics I've been told - that said, if there are any questions you'd like considered, pop 'em here and I'll see what I can do

You're on a roll, man. No more Night Ranger and Tommy Tutone interviews for you. You're in with the heavyweights now.winking smiley

Date: February 5, 2012 00:45

the night ranger guys are awesome smiling smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 5, 2012 00:49

hbwriter,if allow, ask Carlos if he is still in touch with any of the original members of the Santana Blues Band..David Brown, Greg Rollie, Chepito Areas, Mike Carabello, and drummer extraordinaire Michael Shrieve.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 5, 2012 00:54

Who here remembers Michael Shrieve's early 80s new wave band, Novo Combo? A lot of stuff from that era is now starting to sound very good to me, but I liked this one even then.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-05 00:57 by tatters.

Date: February 5, 2012 01:23

tatters
Who here remembers Michael Shrieve's early 80s new wave band, Novo Combo? A lot of stuff from that era is now starting to sound very good to me, but I liked this one even then.

i do - they were decent - i remember interviewing, for college radio, shrieve when he played with the ian hunter/toddrundgren band in 1980, a tour to support presidential candidate john anderson- shrieve was awesome - told us all about altamont, woodstock - what a pedigree that kid had

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 5, 2012 01:40

hbwriter

In what capacity are you talking to him ? personal interview? emails? phone call?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 5, 2012 01:42

Ask Carlos what does he love so much about PAUL REED SMITH guitars which he has been using for years.

Also whould he consider making an all instrumental CD.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 5, 2012 02:25

Why Richards replaced Wyman instead of playing his part when Santana played with the Stones?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home