Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Charlie made Mick jealous...with Jerry!
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 18:56

From Jerry's new autobiography (p. 143): "Charlie came to stay with us once, for a week. He followed me around the house talking to me while I folded clothes from the dryer. He kept putting everything straight -- the pictures and the books and the nick-nacks...Charlie was often the wise, calm, cool-headed one who would turn up on time and sit for hours with is drumsticks, twirling them and keeping his fingers and wrists nimble, waiting for everyone else to get it together. I adored him - and I couldn't help noticing that Mick got irritated by that."

Re: Charlie made Mick jealous...with Jerry!
Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:06

Chicks always dig us drummers ...winking smiley

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:06

It's funny.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:07

like, omg!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:09

Awwww - I love Charlie too.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:19

man, mick must be really insecure to fear charlie. confused smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:38

stoneswashed77
man, mick must be really insecure to fear charlie

Quite the opposite : Mick knows are attracted to men who are calm and collected. The appeal of the flashy men ony lasts a few weeks...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:44

Title5Take1
From Jerry's new autobiography (p. 143): "Charlie came to stay with us once, for a week. He followed me around the house talking to me while I folded clothes from the dryer. He kept putting everything straight -- the pictures and the books and the nick-nacks...Charlie was often the wise, calm, cool-headed one who would turn up on time and sit for hours with is drumsticks, twirling them and keeping his fingers and wrists nimble, waiting for everyone else to get it together. I adored him - and I couldn't help noticing that Mick got irritated by that."

Unfortunately for Jerry, Mick continued his appetite and went for younger flesh.cool smiley

Date: October 18, 2010 23:24

dcba
stoneswashed77
man, mick must be really insecure to fear charlie

Quite the opposite : Mick knows are attracted to men who are calm and collected. The appeal of the flashy men ony lasts a few weeks...

hahaha, yeah those few weeks became 23 years and if mick would have wanted even longer.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:02

Smart chicks know who's controlling the rhythm, and it ain't the singer!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 19, 2010 08:24

ab
Smart chicks know who's controlling the rhythm, and it ain't the singer!

it's the bassist

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 19, 2010 09:38

I imagine Mick always needs to be the centre of attention. Nice to hear that Charlie and Jerry are friends. Despite her faults--indiscretion, questionable judgement--her warmth and kindness always impresses me.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: October 19, 2010 10:09

Haha, typical not-drummers to get irritated by that.. @#$%& em! I m a drummer myself, I know for shure that, especally, the singers gets so @#$%& irritated for nothing, lol!

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 19, 2010 11:12

"He kept putting everything straight -- the pictures and the books and the nick-nacks..."

I think they call that Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
I read some artice a long time ago with Charlie saying his misses would chase him out of the house for being irritating and getting on her nerves. He called it boredom.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 19, 2010 11:20

"hahaha, yeah those few weeks became 23 years and if mick would have wanted even longer."

No you're wrong (again). Mick has a Euro 19th century bourgeois mentality. You have your wife at home to keep an eye on the kids while you go out and bang as many ladies as you can. The girl at home being his base of stability.

That's how he saw things... and Jerry never got it. She was supposed to understand it and accept it.

Date: October 19, 2010 14:51

dcba
"hahaha, yeah those few weeks became 23 years and if mick would have wanted even longer."

No you're wrong (again). Mick has a Euro 19th century bourgeois mentality. You have your wife at home to keep an eye on the kids while you go out and bang as many ladies as you can. The girl at home being his base of stability.

That's how he saw things... and Jerry never got it. She was supposed to understand it and accept it.

why am i wrong i have no disagreements here.

sound like a perfect marriage. tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-19 14:58 by stoneswashed77.

Date: October 19, 2010 19:15

From p. 142 of same book.

Posted by: Nimrod ()
Date: October 19, 2010 19:20

Charlie is a badass.

Date: October 19, 2010 20:13

Does Charlie look handsome there or WHAT?

No wonder he's considered the handsomest man of his generation in Britain.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 19, 2010 20:57

not too surprised. always thought charlie & keith would relate better w/women...seem like they
have genuine interest in women as human beings........evidence: their long relationships.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: October 19, 2010 21:02

She sounds ridiculous!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 21:12

TrulyMicks
She sounds ridiculous!

I honestly don't think Jerry means any harm. Sometimes I actually like her, but she does seem to be trying too hard to remind the world that she was with Mick, and she was with Mick the longest, and she had the most kids with Mick, and she and Mick this and that....... etc. I know what you're saying Bliss, there is something disarming about Jerry, but I've heard this shit for 30 years now!....lol. The mystique is gone in large part because of stuff like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-19 21:16 by stupidguy2.

Date: October 19, 2010 21:39

I know we've heard it all before, and she is starting to look really tragic, but there are some things about Jerry that show what a huge heart she has. Like her being friends with L'Wren and all of his exes, (except for Carla). And she had Mick's dad for family Sunday dinner up until his death, long after they had split up.

And as for Jerry not knowing the drill, she tolerated Carla being his mistress for 8 long years...they worked in the same field, knew all the same people. How much more tolerant can one person be?

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: October 19, 2010 21:47

Bliss
I know we've heard it all before, and she is starting to look really tragic, but there are some things about Jerry that show what a huge heart she has. Like her being friends with L'Wren and all of his exes, (except for Carla). And she had Mick's dad for family Sunday dinner up until his death, long after they had split up.

To be honest I don´t think L´Wren or Bianca or Marianne would come over for a cup of tee and a chat.

Date: October 19, 2010 22:16

Jerry was a simple girl and in many ways, non-threatening ("far away eyes"?) - which is sometimes what you need after a nasty break-up, something easy. And I'm a small-town Texas girl too, so I know, I understand where she's from etc..
But you know what? I will confess that part of my annoyance is snobbery. When I was 13, 14 and starting to read about the Stones, I woudld read an interview with Jerry in People or whatever and go, 'I think I'm smarter than Mick Jagger's girlfriend.' And I was a 14-year old kid! lol....It was kind of dissapointing. I know how that sounds but I couldn't help it. Its like this genius making out with that girl in high school who was cute. Jerry may be clever, but I just got the sense that intellectually, they're eons apart. Is that cruel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-19 22:19 by stupidguy2.

Date: October 19, 2010 23:54

Bliss
And as for Jerry not knowing the drill, she tolerated Carla being his mistress for 8 long years

You think she knew all these years about it? Btw, did they(Mick and Carla) have an 8 years affair or were these random dates?

Date: October 20, 2010 00:06

Jerry's not a major intellect, but I kind of admire Mick for choosing down-to-earthness. But Bianca and Carla Bruni probably offered more conversationally.

I think Jerry's adorable, but two quotes do come to mind, one from Bryant Gumbel after he interviewed Jerry: "It was like talking to a window." And in the WARHOL DIARIES Warhol says, "Nobody likes Jerry Hall. They think she's plastic. But I like her. She's so cute."

And I do think she's cute.

Date: October 20, 2010 00:08

Mick and Carla Bruni reportedly had a fairly lengthy relationship and I'v read that they are still friends. To her credit, she has also refused to dish the dirt and is quite an accompished singer-songwriter. Her famous quote: When Jerry made the declaration for Bruni to leave her man alone, Bruni replied, 'Tell your husband to leave me alone.' Bless her heart, but Jerry seemed more angry at Carla than Mick and that was the problem.

Date: October 20, 2010 00:11

Jerry Hall: 'So Jean-Paul Sartre asked me to sit at his table…'
The actress and model on her formative food experiences

John Hind
The Observer, Sunday 17 October 2010

I'm a twin – second to arrive – and my mother breastfed us together. But my earliest memory is the smell of tomatoes. My parents had a vegetable garden and took us in our cots in the truck to deliver produce. Even today the smell of a tomato plant floods me with recollections.

Me and my sisters spent summers on my grandparents' chicken farm. In the morning my grandmother, who was very self-sufficient, used to beat us out of bed with a willow, saying: "We're gonna can preserves!"

I got fired from the Dairy Queen in Mesquite, Texas because my ice creams were too big and I'd give away too many french fries. I'd thought it was good business.

My mother always used to make us eat before we went out so we'd act like ladies and not look like pigs. When I moved to Paris at 16, I held a dinner party in my first apartment and served only red wine, french fries and mashed potatoes. Unable to cook, I relied on people taking me out. When I was 17, I was at La Coupole brasserie and Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir asked me to join them at their table. They were fascinated that I'd watched their programme on existentialism back home and wanted to understand nothingness and being.

One of my sisters gave me a special apron that I've worn for cooking. When you unzip a little panel in the front, a stuffed cock comes out. It's the sort of thing Andy Warhol would have enjoyed. We were close friends for many years and I thought he was a generous, gentle, sweet guy. In the cupboards of his kitchen there were just lots of cans of Campbell's tomato soup – it's all he ate at home.

Mick [Jagger] and I were served omelettes in Bali which had psychedelic mushrooms in and made us have a really terrible, vomiting, paranoid trip. Worse was when I was 12 or 13 and my sisters and I were out with some cowboys who castrated steers. As a joke they said: "Try these Rocky Mountain oysters." The taste was horrible. I still cringe when I think of eating bovine testicles.

The only time I label food in the fridge with my name is when I'm given a big pot of caviar. I write "This is Mum's. DO NOT TOUCH", yet it always disappears. I particularly liked caviar – and liver and chocolate – when I was pregnant. During one of my pregnancies, when we had a gourmet chef, I spent the last month in bed and totally chowed out. It was heaven just lying there and waiting for the next yummy tray.

I've never stolen food but every summer I think about it. My neighbour in France has a huge fig tree and when it's full I sit there on my side of the fence thinking, "Hmm."

There's all that brain work involved, remembering all those lines in a script. I find I have to eat a lot of fish, late – but not too late – in the afternoon. Doing theatre you need to be like an athlete in training.

Despite what Bob Colacello claimed, I don't think I ever said 'Ah want to marry a millionaire, so ah can have caviah any time of the day or night, and take nice long champagne baths'. I certainly wouldn't bathe in champagne.

I was my thinnest when doing 35 fashion shows a week in different countries, because I didn't have time to eat. I've never bought the idea that models in fashion magazines cause readers to have anorexia and bulimia. And you can't be a model if you've got those conditions anyway, because you'll get acne and hair all over your body. None of my girls have ever dieted.

If wooing someone I'd fry chicken with sesame seeds. Back home they call sesame seeds 'man manner', they say that's the secret.

I had a cook for 25 years and then she retired. It felt terrible, scary, traumatic, devastating even. Then I got a wonderful gourmet cook in for a year, but the food was just too rich for the children and I put on lots of weight. So in the last two years I've started cooking. When I make boeuf bourguignon and lamb tagine for my closest friends and they eat thirds and clean the platter it's the most delightful thing ever.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2010 01:01

Wonder if Mick is still jealous.
Marianne was quite the most inspiring Stones lady imo. Btw,talking about Micks c*ck. cool smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home