Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Moscow Radio
Posted by: hokeysmokes ()
Date: January 6, 2012 23:33

I am sure everyone on this board already knows this but about a month ago I started using "TuneIn Radio" on my cell and I found this station out of Moscow called Rolling Stones 101. It rocks, they pay a great mix. I have to say you guys in Europe know how to do it right!!! There is another all Stones channel on TuneIn out of California and I swear they only play the Bigger Bang Rio concert over and over.

Anyway if you haven't discovered this channel it worth checking out.

Does anyone have other station recommendations that I can get over here in the states. They don't have to be all Stones but good R&B and "classic rock" (Who, Stones, Beatles, Hendrix, Van Morrison/Them, etc) is what I am looking for.

Re: Moscow Radio
Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: January 6, 2012 23:51

just check Eastern Europe Radio

Posted by: hokeysmokes ()
Date: January 7, 2012 00:21

K - I will check out Eastern Europe stations. I know I checked out a station in the UK and was astonished - the show that was on that was hosted by Alice Cooper - I don't need to go to Europe to hear Alice talk.

BTW: I like Alice Cooper - I even seen him live in the very early 80's after he cleaned up - I was just surprised to hear him hosting a show on a UK station - even if the show was syndicated. I didn't realize he was "popular" in the UK.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 7, 2012 00:26

hokeysmokes
BTW: I like Alice Cooper - I even seen him live in the very early 80's after he cleaned up - I was just surprised to hear him hosting a show on a UK station - even if the show was syndicated. I didn't realize he was "popular" in the UK.

Good to hear Alice went international with his show. It used to play here local, but the station changed ownership and they dropped it. I miss Alice. He as funny as heck, played some great music and gave great insight.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 7, 2012 02:32

hokeysmokes
K - I will check out Eastern Europe stations. I know I checked out a station in the UK and was astonished - the show that was on that was hosted by Alice Cooper - I don't need to go to Europe to hear Alice talk.

He pretty much always has been ever since "Schools Out" topped the UK charts in 1972. He's instantly recognisable.

Thanks for the Moscow Radio tip. Just added it. Very good so far!

Here's the link for anyone who's interested - [tunein.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-07 02:38 by Gazza.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: January 7, 2012 06:52

I also listen to "TuneIn Radio" on my cell. I hadn't heard about those Stones stations you mentioned. So thanks for posting, I'm going to check them out!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 7, 2012 20:30

Never heard Moscow Radio, but I've heard Mexican Radio... wish I was in Tijuana eating barbecued iguana

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-07 20:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 7, 2012 21:13

I have to say, its not every day you get to hear stuff like Memo from Turner (the Metamorphosis version), Cócksucker Blues and 2000 Man within the space of 20 minutes!

Must be a 'random computer'!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home