Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones.."Can do no wrong"
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 17, 2010 17:18

Anytime I think about The Rolling Stones I can only think of good things about them..and anytime I talk about them I can only speak good of them.
The Rolling Stones are inspirational..good vibes.So as far as im concerned "The Rolling Stones can do wrong"

So what are your usual first thoughts of The Rolling Stones?

Re: The Rolling Stones.."Can do no wrong"
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 17, 2010 17:34

colonial
Anytime I think about The Rolling Stones I can only think of good things about them..and anytime I talk about them I can only speak good of them.
The Rolling Stones are inspirational..good vibes.So as far as im concerned "The Rolling Stones can do wrong"

that the beatles were better

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 17, 2010 17:39

Great studio band, very disappointing as a live act. I wish they would get rid of all the antics that go with their live performances and just get up there and play,like we see in L&G. Not perform their songs like a broadway play.

Those are usually my first thoughts.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 17, 2010 17:39

Aside from stupid ticket prices for a horrendous string section how about...

Winning Ugly? The whole Dirty Work album? Sweet Neo Con? Streets Of Love? Following The River? Rock And A Hard Place?

Want more?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 17, 2010 17:47

String section?

Date: October 17, 2010 17:47

StonesTod
colonial

StonesTod..yea' fair enough..I felt the same way about The Beatles..as I do The Stones...cheers mate..smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 17, 2010 17:58

Bingo
Great studio band, very disappointing as a live act.

Wow! I have the opposite viewpoint.

I wouldn't say their studio material is disappointing, but I think they built their reputation on their live shows over the years.
I would agree, though, that the Vegas stuff ain't really to my liking.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:06

StonesTod
colonial

beetles sucked and were stupidly overrated.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:14

colonial

Stones got me through a lot of tough times because they didn't give a shit. So consequently I didn't give a shit. Kind of like 'do your own thing, and don't listen to the naysayers'. Which worked fairly well in trying to move on...tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:49

Brue
Stones got me through a lot of tough times because they didn't give a shit. So consequently I didn't give a shit. Kind of like 'do your own thing, and don't listen to the naysayers'. Which worked fairly well in trying to move on...tongue sticking out smiley

Word.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:58

crumbling_mice
String section?

Yes, The Rolling Stones have a string section called the guitar players Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood. Why is that a mystery?

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: October 18, 2010 01:13

I think of a line from a radio commercial for the Steel Wheels tour..."A million bands play rock 'n' roll, but only one band IS rock 'n ' roll..."

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: October 18, 2010 01:21

Keefan
I think of a line from a radio commercial for the Steel Wheels tour..."A million bands play rock 'n' roll, but only one band IS rock 'n ' roll..."

"...and that band is Led Zeppelin. But since they're no longer together, Budweiser presents instead.....The Rolling Stones!"

Date: October 18, 2010 04:33

(quoted) mickscarey..beetles sucked and were stupidly overrated

mickscarey..The Rolling Stones are No.1 and The Beatles are close very close at No.2 when it comes to the World Super-Rock Heavyweights..its always been like that and it will forever remain like that.I thought you would of known that..but never mind..ya' know now.Then theres all the rest.U2..AC/DC..and so on..
Mickscarey... ya' just going to have to get used to that because if your going to talk about The Rolling Stones..some where along the line The Beatles will always get a mention..ya' can be sure of that..cheers mate..smoking smiley

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: October 18, 2010 06:56

colonial

A Crossfire Hurricane!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 18, 2010 07:00

They're human, and they've done plenty wrong. This is a band that has never been noted for its consistency. One learns to take the good (Satisfaction, JJF thru Exile) with the bad (most of Goats Head Soup and It's Only Rock 'n' Roll, half of Dirty Work).

When one starts to think that anyone can do no wrong, one has reduced oneself to a mere sycophant, devoid of all judgment and critical thinking.

Posted by: Mooseman ()
Date: October 18, 2010 08:12

I would have thought it would be "Rolling Stones.... can do no right" the way people have been talking on here lately.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 18, 2010 09:14

ab
They're human, and they've done plenty wrong. This is a band that has never been noted for its consistency. One learns to take the good (Satisfaction, JJF thru Exile) with the bad (most of Goats Head Soup and It's Only Rock 'n' Roll, half of Dirty Work).

When one starts to think that anyone can do no wrong, one has reduced oneself to a mere sycophant, devoid of all judgment and critical thinking.

Half of Dirty Work? confused smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 18, 2010 09:59

......Grown up all wrong

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 18, 2010 13:35

Of course they can do wrong. They've done lots right, some wrong ... like most of us in our lives. What I personally am a bit apprehensive about these days is what they're gonna do next, in the "live show" or "tour" context I mean. I hope that whatever it is, it involves a degree of recognition that they ain't in their 20's approaching 30, they're in their 60's approaching 70. As for whether they play small/medium/large venues, and the eternal setlist issue, I also hope they seriously think about it and come up with a suitably "balanced compromise" and a further recognition that "you ain't gonna be able to please all of the folks all of the time". They've always been "irreverent", so why not step out in your 50th year and say to us "Ladies n Gents, we're the Rolling Stones and this is what we're gonna give ya ... an' if yas don't like it, go f**k yerselves !!

I wouldn't object, I'd just be content that they'd BE OUT THERE after all these goddam years !! And so should we ALL to be honest. At this point, I'll take what they give.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: October 18, 2010 13:41

that anyone that doesn't like them is a bit suspicious, or maybe that's just what Iggy Pop told me to think

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 18, 2010 17:47

colonial
So as far as im concerned "The Rolling Stones can do wrong"

I guess this is a typo ... right ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home