Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Easy Going Bill Wyman and George Harrison's Friendship
Date: December 22, 2011 18:03

I like Bill Wyman's and George Harrison's quiet laid back personalities I could imagine them been quite good friends with each other.Were they good friends?

Re: Easy Going Bill Wyman and George Harrison's Friendship
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 22, 2011 18:27

I don't believe they were, though the topic of Beatles-Stones friendships is an interesting one. I love that Keith and Paul got together in recent years. I cannot imagine two more different personalities. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that sit-down.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 18:55

71Tele
I don't believe they were, though the topic of Beatles-Stones friendships is an interesting one. I love that Keith and Paul got together in recent years. I cannot imagine two more different personalities. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that sit-down.

Here's the transcript:

Paul: La la la la
Keith: Shidoobee?
Paul: La la. La la la la
Keith: Shidoobee, shidoobee doobee
Paul: La
Keith: Shidoobee!!!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 22, 2011 18:55

George was good mates with Ronnie but not sure of any other strong friendship with members of the Stones.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 22, 2011 19:11

George Harrison played on a song by B W's Rhythm Kings:

"In 2001, Harrison performed as a guest musician on the Electric Light Orchestra album Zoom. He played slide guitar on the song "Love Letters" for Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, and remastered and restored unreleased tracks from the Traveling Wilburys."- [en.wikipedia.org]

To me, the two look a bit similar acknowledging GH was probably bona fide "cute" and a somewhat similar disposition in the bands.

Wyman also said this in an interview: "I did get a bit disheartened that they weren’t generous enough to share, like many other bands do. Like the way the Beatles gave room for Ringo Starr and George Harrison to do their thing, and how the Who gave John Entwhistle a chance to write stuff. Where other bands shared things, the Stones didn’t. We just had to live with it or leave. So I went on and did solo albums and movie music, and I produced other artists. I got satisfaction in that way."- [www.bassplayer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-22 19:23 by BroomWagon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2216
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home