Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

anybody of you remember"spooky tooth"?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:26

Ever liked this "band". "tobbacoo road---waiting for the wind--last puff-that was only yesterday---and so on

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Re: anybody of you remember"spooky tooth"?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:27

sure - gary wright's band - he would go onto more commercial success as a solo act, of course....

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:30

I remember.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:34

..... anybody of you remember"spooky tooth"? .....

Absolutely

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:44

Absolutely. Their best LP "Spooky two" was produced by Jimmy Miller, of course. He was connected with the group from their beginning as the V.I.P.s and I think he is credited with composing some of their early work. I also love "Witness" and the first solo LP by Mike Harrison. A very good 2CD compilation was released last year, featuring two unreleased songs from their best period. And Gary Wright just released a new CD.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: October 13, 2010 21:56

Not their best album, but a great album title: "You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw"

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 13, 2010 22:18

A pretty well known cover by JP:

]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-13 22:18 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 13, 2010 22:19

>>anybody of you remember"spooky tooth"? <<

Yes, I do .I am not sure how I got to it -
""I'm as old as I was born" ?

I still remember that one ,was it a masterpiece ?:

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: October 13, 2010 22:38

Luther Grovesnor was one of the candidates to replace Brian Jones. He later resurfaced as "Ariel Bender" in Mott the Hoople.

Posted by: MickRichards ()
Date: October 14, 2010 00:24

One of my favorite bands. Saw them in a small club doing I Am The Walrus and other songs. Love all of their albums. The Nomad Poets DVD is great and they
sounded just like I heard them in the 70's. Much underrated unfortunately.
Great lyrics and a cool heavy sound.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 14, 2010 00:30

Jesse1960
Luther Grovesnor was one of the candidates to replace Brian Jones. He later resurfaced as "Ariel Bender" in Mott the Hoople.

Well Luther's a party animal so he'd have fit in but he would also tried to upstage the Glimmers so maybe not!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 14, 2010 01:00

I do remember Spooky Tooth very well but only there hit "This was Only Yesterday"

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: October 14, 2010 01:27

A bit before my time - caught up with them since though
Saw Mike Kellie with The Only Ones a couple of times - great band

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 14, 2010 03:21

Of course!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 14, 2010 03:29

Ah, Spooky Tooth!

A band I was in back in high school covered their version of The Wrong Time.

I saw them shortly after Mike Harrison left the band. I think Mick Jones was playing guitar. They were the main act supported by Robin Trower and Golden Earring. The show was at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium and was a sellout. After Trower finished and by the time Spooky Tooth hit the stage, the place was 90 to 95% empty.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 14, 2010 04:30

Great band! Incredible version of I Am the Walrus!

Posted by: peter ()
Date: October 14, 2010 05:44

I saw Spooky Tooth in the fall of 1972 @ SUNY in Oneonta,NY...they set up in the school gym one afternoon...in those days, many british acts would arrive in NYC to play at the FILLMORE and then jump in a van & play anywhere they could book a gig...Dee Anthony, who would later manage Frampton, ran a talent agency & booked these bands in bars,clubs,joints,college campus's...as an archivist of 'gig histories' the most difficult shows to pinpoint exact dates & venues were around this time...there are massive gaps of 'confirmed' gigs by many bands who toured up & down the east coast from 68-72....Tull,ELP,10YA,King Crimson,YES are all missing early dates...Spooky Tooth deserves better..a great band...peter

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: October 15, 2010 03:14

Braincapers
Jesse1960

Well Luther's a party animal so he'd have fit in but he would also tried to upstage the Glimmers so maybe not!

Luther is one of the more underrated players in my opinion. Yeah, much like Steve Marriott,Ariel/Luther was an awesome showman and to quote Ian Hunter, "One of the finest rock and roll players in the world".

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 16, 2010 02:14

sirdoug
Not their best album, but a great album title: "You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw"

That's a terrible title for an album. Is Gary "The Dream Weaver" Wright on that one? Doesn't sound like something a close personal friend of George Harrison would ever want to be a part of. Now if some chick rocker put out an album called "You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Balls", now THAT would be a great album title.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 16, 2010 12:18

I loved their version of I am the walrus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home