Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dan Lampinski - tape list?
Posted by: kees ()
Date: October 2, 2010 19:08

If I am correct, after Mr. Peach who recorded some 300 gigs in very good quality in Japan between 75-85, Dan Lampinski is the nr. 2 famous taper from the 70-ties (recorded more than Mike Millard).
Does anyone has a complete list of his recordings? Is it correct he never taped the Stones?
Btw, great releases from Mr.Peach keep coming by Tarantura. A new highlight is a 6CD box from 1980/Black Sabbath in memorial of R.J. Dio. There is also talk about Led Z. 71 recordings from Mr. Peach to be released. T

Re: Dan Lampinski - tape list?
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 2, 2010 21:28

Hi Kees!

Cannot find a complete Lampinski list either!
Maybe you'll have to do it by yourself!!
Here are some helpful links:

[seemefeelmeclickme.blog86.fc2.com]
[qualitybootz.blogspot.com]

and I think this will be of interest to you too:

[recordmecca.blogspot.com]

Date: October 2, 2010 22:22

Thanks Hansi, will do some more research myself too.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 2, 2010 22:42

imho the problem with Dan Lampinski is he had terrible taste in music : Rush, Robin Trower, Al Stewart, Chicago, Passport, Kansas, Average White Band, Electric Light Orchestra and Styx are among the bands he taped. eye rolling smiley
Therefore his collection of tapes is not so interesting...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-02 22:45 by dcba.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 2, 2010 22:54

dcba
imho the problem with Dan Lampinski is he had terrible taste in music : Rush, Robin Trower, Al Stewart, Chicago, Passport, Kansas, Average White Band, Electric Light Orchestra and Styx are among the bands he taped. eye rolling smiley
Therefore his collection of tapes is not so interesting...

On the other hand:

Captain Beefheart
The Kinks
Neil Young
The Who
Jeff Beck
Lou Reed...

Date: October 3, 2010 06:47

And I think a made a great recording both from Springsteen and Pink Floyd

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: October 3, 2010 13:58

His Zappa and Genesis stuff is outstanding.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 3, 2010 19:42

Another "stinker" from Lampinski winking smiley just arrived at Dime :

"Listening to a youthful Rod Stewart as I write these notes makes me kind of chuckle to myself. Here he is, 35 years later doing a bang-up business in the cover album industry, but historically he has always done lots of cover songs. This show is no exception, listen to the hard rockin' "I Used To Love Her" or the sweet version of Jimi's " Angel" and the show closer of "Twistin' The Night Away" takes that song right out of the sock hop and thrusts it into the world of arena rock.

And let us not overlook the rest of the band, born out of the ashes of The Small Faces and a couple of refugees from The Jeff Beck Group tossed in for good measure, these guys rocked for six solid years before going their own separate ways, each leaving their own unique footprint in the landscape of rock. In fact, the impending new version of The Faces will be appearing in the not too distant future.

This recording was made a few months before the breakup, and everyone is in fine form. As with yesterdays torrent, there are some minor flaws, but don't let that worry you, it is a Lampinski after all. My personal thanks to all who rose to the defense of Team Lampinski yesterday, I know it is far from the Fourth of July, but some fireworks always makes life more interesting....regardless of what anyone says or thinks, music is what makes the world go 'round and here at Dime, it spins pretty darn fast.

Although this series wraps up on November 6th (mark your calendars boys and girls) next week we will present what are chronologically Dan's last two recordings which are coincidentally his only recordings from the 1980s. I am not going to tell you who they are, but I will say that one will surprise you and one will make perfect sense.

Have fun speculating what he might have taped and until we meet again, may you all be happy, healthy and surrounded by the ones you love.

Without further delay, I now present for your enjoyment:

The Faces
Providence Civic Center
Providence, RI
25 February 1975

Master audience recording taped by Dan Lampinski

01 The Stripper/Memphis
02 It's All Over Now
03 Take A Look At The Guy
04 (I Know) I'm Losing You
05 Drum Solo
06 (I Know) I'm Losing You (conclusion)
07 Bring It On Home To Me/You Send Me
08 Sweet Little Rock And Roller
09 I'd Rather Go Blind
10 Too Bad
11 Every Picture Tells A Story
12 Angel
13 Stay With Me
14 Guitar Solo
15 Gasoline Alley
16 Stay With Me (ending)
17 I Can Feel The Fire
18 You Wear It Well
19 Maggie May
20 Twistin' The Night Away
21 E: Twistin' The Night Away (Reprise)

Dropouts in this recording are also in the master cassette
Blue Oyster Cult and The Strawbs opened

Sony TC-152SD Tape Recorder
Sony ECM-99 Stereo Microphone
Maxell cassettes"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-03 19:43 by dcba.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1267
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home