Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let's face the facts!
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:43

Let's face the facts: there won't be another tour and there won't be another album (at least not one featuring new songs)

still it's a pity that they didn't do some kind of farewell tour while they were still able to do it. They might not burned out but they (as a band) surely faded away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-09 13:43 by slewan.

Re: Let's face the facts!
Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:49

It's better when we don't know which show was the last one. It's was London 2007. Cool, they were at home.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:51

which "facts" are these then?

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:52

sad but true!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:52

For me the clock stopped in 1997, when their last good studio album appeared.

But I am loving Superheavy. Mick is a phoenix rising from the ashes, at the 11th hour.

Date: October 9, 2011 13:56

vudicus

- no show in four years
- no new album or song since 2005
- Keith's hands and fingers (and his inability to play the guitar anymore - see: 2006/07)
- the age of the band members
- etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-09 13:56 by slewan.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:58

slewan
Let's face the facts: there won't be another tour and there won't be another album (at least not one featuring new songs)

still it's a pity that they didn't do some kind of farewell tour while they were still able to do it. They might not burned out but they (as a band) surely faded away.

slewan..yea' a fair enough statement I suppose..but then again ya' could be wrong to.I still think we haven't seen the last of The Rolling Stones just yet

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: October 9, 2011 14:04

slewan
vudicus

- no show in four years
- Keith's hands and fingers (and his inability to play the guitar anymore - see: 2006/07)
- the age of the band members
- etc

Sorry, but where are the facts that prove there will be no more tours or albums?

For example:

An official statement
They're all dead
The world ended

Your facts prove nothing but what you typed.

No tour in five years is a fact, but proves nothing regarding the possibilites of another one. Remember there was no tour between 1982 and 1989.

No new album or songs since 2005 is a fact.
Where does this prove that there will be no more.

As for the other 2 facts, they're kinda debatable.
A lot of people still enjoy Keiths playing, bad fingers and all.
And age ain't nothing but a number.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-09 14:23 by vudicus.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 9, 2011 14:06

slewan

Not correct. We got "Watching The River Flow", "Following The River" and "Plundered My Soul"

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 9, 2011 16:46

slewan
still it's a pity that they didn't do some kind of farewell tour while they were still able to do it.

Maybe they don't do some kind of farewell tour because they know that they are not able do do it? Just a thought.

Date: October 9, 2011 19:10

Erik_Snow
slewan

Not correct. We got "Watching The River Flow", "Following The River" and "Plundered My Soul"

the first one is a Bob Dylan song, the others are recycled – btw. do we know if the Stones were really together in the studio when these songs were recorded?

Date: October 9, 2011 19:11

retired_dog
Maybe they don't do some kind of farewell tour because they know that they are not able do do it? Just a thought.

right - their problem is that they missed the right time to quit or the last exit (if you want to put it that way)

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 9, 2011 19:18

Slewan, that's an interesting thought...." they missed the right time to quit"....I never thought of it that way or that simply and it might just be true..

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 9, 2011 19:19

slewan
Let's face the facts: there won't be another tour and there won't be another album

You really know this for a fact ?
You must be in the inner circle ... WOW.
Or you can look into the future. In that case ... WOW WOW WOW
Now please enlighten me, where and/or how did you get these FACTS ?
Or are you just confusing opinions with facts ?
In that case ... think again.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 9, 2011 20:37

The FACT is, the longer they don't work the less likely they ever will.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 9, 2011 20:51

I pray to god there won't be abother album. If ABB is anything to go by they really need not bother booking the studio. It was an abject failure. If a new relatively new band had produced something as bad as this then it would have most likely not been allowed to be released by the record company and if it had it would have been slated by the critics. The only reason ABB did as well as it did was because it is the Rolling Stones. They haven't produced anything of any musical value since the mid nineties and even that was mediocre by their previous offerings. Musicians and song writers dry up, they become less relevant, they get rich, they lose the hunger and drive. I, personally wouldnt blame them if they didnt bother with a new record. What I would hope is that they dont try writing new songs, it's embarrassing, so, instead, concentrate on covering the old blues and country stuff that they all love. A great way to bow out. A homage to their heroes. Not a weak fart like ABB.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home