Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 1972 tour VS 1973 tour
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 29, 2010 17:52

billy bashing and chuck bashing all in the same week. if we please slip in a little well-placed matt clifford bashing in the next couple of days we could have the trifecta....

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 29, 2010 18:16

kleermaker
marko
what boot is that from,i only have an old cd which sounds like singing inside empty tin caneye rolling smiley

It's VGP 348 if I'm correct. If you want it I'll upload it for you (forgotten where I got it from).

Yes please,it would great to get a better version.Thanks a lot!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 29, 2010 18:35

I also think when comparing tours from 1969 vs 1970 and then 1972 vs 1973 one thing was consistent. The US tours warmed the band up out of hibernation. They got their live chops back in the USA(North American) gigs and it just carried through over to Europe. The band should have been technically better on those follow up tours. I believe this is revealed on the tapes. Also the travel demands were far less when one compares the US tours and Europe. Look we are comparing apples with oranges here. All of the above mentioned tours simply showed the band in top form. Period.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: September 29, 2010 20:42

KeithNacho
100 YEARS AGO............................That BP's intro...............

Had it been a regular in the setlist, the European Tour may have been better.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 30, 2010 00:10

I have no idea if Billy started to think he was a Stone, but wondered why he just so suddenly disappeared from the line-up. Mick and Keith can be territorial, but Billy always seemed to have a great rapport and respect for the Stones.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 30, 2010 01:25

I didn't see any of '73 but I saw '72 and '75 and I thought Billy in '75 was great. I could have skipped his mini solo set but it didn't annoy me and I loved the gospel feel that he added. He was not over-the-top, IMO. I did LOVE Nicky in '72. Certainly a different feel from Billy. They've had some awesome guys on keyboards....all of them impressive, unique and major contributors. And yes, I DO like Chuck!!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: September 30, 2010 02:14

stupidguy2
I have no idea if Billy started to think he was a Stone, but wondered why he just so suddenly disappeared from the line-up. Mick and Keith can be territorial, but Billy always seemed to have a great rapport and respect for the Stones.

All three mirrored what the Stones were doing at the time. Nicky had that sweeping, melodic feel that used so beautifully in Moonlight Mile, while Billy segued nicely into their flirtations with soul and funk. And McClagan was superb on Miss You. So they all "fit" the Stones at various stages of their careers.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home