Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones have itchy feet... per Ronnie in VF interview
Date: September 28, 2010 10:19

Any concrete news you can share on a new Stones tour or album?

Not really. But we’re going to have our summit meeting toward the end of this year, where we’ll all going to throw ideas around and see what’s in the air. So there’s nothing planned yet, but I know everyone’s got itchy feet.

(and Sticky Fingers)

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/09/ronnie-wood-on-solo-albums-museum-shows-and-his-celebrity-friends.html

Re: The Stones have itchy feet... per Ronnie in VF interview
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 28, 2010 17:03

Thanks !

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 28, 2010 17:08

Ronnie says "we’ll all going to throw ideas around" but we all know the truth: Mick will have already planned it all, Keith will disagree about some stage item and Charlie will just look off into some corner and Ronnie, ha ha, he'll be just as indiscernible as ever.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 28, 2010 17:21

skipstone
Ronnie says "we’ll all going to throw ideas around" but we all know the truth: Mick will have already planned it all, Keith will disagree about some stage item and Charlie will just look off into some corner and Ronnie, ha ha, he'll be just as indiscernible as ever.

... and the years will slowly go by, and we'll all in due course find ourselves reminiscing about the last time we saw the Rolling Stones, on Sunday 26th August 2007

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 28, 2010 17:24

Thanks. Despite the cynicism of other members this does seem to be a little bit more concrete than the usual stories we get on here which go along the lines of ....' my gran was in the chip shop the other day and she bumped into her second cousin Alf who used to know someone who works for the Stones and he said that they were touring for definite in 2011 and will be using Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman and doing small shows playing Exile in it's entirity'!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 28, 2010 17:31

In case you missed the point, it's RONNIE talking. I'm not dismissing that the Stones will get together, just that Ronnie is not exactly one to trust since he is not believable.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 28, 2010 17:38

Perhaps some Dr Scholl's foot powder will take of the itchy feet. That and a grain of salt.Like csomeone else sais,this is Ronnie talking. Not the most reliable source.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 28, 2010 17:53

i didn't even realize ron got invited to these summit meetings - figured they just emailed him the meeting minutes with his action item:

go back to rehab by XX/XX/XX or we're calling MT....

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 28, 2010 20:43

You got to laugh, if Ron hits the booze again, the last person they should call for a world tour is Mick Taylor. He has got to be the most unreliable guitarist left on the planet. He consistently cancels his own shows on a tour which could hardly be called demanding and nothing like the strain a full Stones world tour would entail. Much as I admire Mr Taylor's guitar abilities, he is not a replacement, maybe the odd show here and there (if his nerves could handle it) otherwise...they need to ring around for a reliable stand in.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: September 30, 2010 03:23

more on this from the shidoobee board:

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home