Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT :Jerry LEE LEWIS Last Man Standing -Mean Old Man Best Albums of the last 5 years ???
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 27, 2010 13:11

Well the title of the thread says it all...

I recall the Jethro TULL's LP " Too Old to rock'n'roll and too young to die"
In fact they're wrong , for the "Killer" it's " Never too Old to rock'n'roll
and not ready to die"

I just love these two last albums, you rock Jerry LEE !!!!!

winking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-30 00:37 by Honestman.

Re: OT :Jerry LEE LEWIS Last Man Standing -Mean Old Man Best Albums of the last 5 years ???
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 27, 2010 14:39

LMS was ok, MOM is worse than LMS. Nearly every duet is faked, the Killers voice is very thin & weak. Anyway it´s great that he´s alive, that´s all. He should have made records constantly from 1990 on but there was just one in 1995 the next one was LMS in 2006.

Re: OT :Jerry LEE LEWIS Last Man Standing -Mean Old Man Best Albums of the last 5 years ???
Date: September 27, 2010 15:00

bluesinc.
...Nearly every duet is faked...

Disagreed, I'd already read it on some other comments or review.
I've read that MJ ruined Dead Flowers and that John FOGERTY is underused on the Bad Moon Rising track.
Another point IMO , is that both MJ and JF could have shown a kind of great respect to the man , and so they're just here as back vocalists...
But it's just my idea winking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-27 15:01 by Honestman.

Date: September 27, 2010 16:08

Honestman
bluesinc.
...Nearly every duet is faked...

Disagreed, I'd already read it on some other comments or review.
I've read that MJ ruined Dead Flowers and that John FOGERTY is underused on the Bad Moon Rising track.
Another point IMO , is that both MJ and JF could have shown a kind of great respect to the man , and so they're just here as back vocalists...
But it's just my idea winking smiley

i wanted to pouint out that they´ve never been together in the studio on nearly every track. LMS was mostly recorded before they decided to make duets and one guest was added after the other, so it was delayed for years.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 27, 2010 16:27

Overall "Last MAn' just kicks "mean Old.." to hell tho there are a few good ones on the later. Unfortunately Micks and Keiths song arnt among them IMO.
Mick DOES ruin Dead Flowers,gotta be one of the worst vocal attempts I've ever heard by him. Like he didnt even give a shit. And Sweet Viginia is just embarrassing.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:16

Boring album, including the stones covers suck.
jeroen

Date: September 27, 2010 20:41

corriecas
jeroen

I think most of the legends would like to make boring albums like Mean Old Man Including these stones covers.
just a matter of taste...

HMN

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 28, 2010 09:57

great pix loving thread. gud comments bak and forth love ur dedication honestwan. micks evening gown w jerry wicked pissah. killer w mick and those clipr w keith make me so happy and proud. got no review just wanted say thnx 4 killer threadthumbs up

Date: September 28, 2010 10:43

after his serious illnes/near to death in 1980 or 81 he never topped himself, tha last great stuff was the Elektra recordings after that is was very mediocre stuff on record.

here he is with keith

and here with keith, willie nelson & kid rock

Date: September 28, 2010 11:14

@Bluesinc

Thanks for the Salute TV clips from 1983...my favorite ones winking smiley

Yeah seriously,I prefer LMS but MOM ain't not that bad, I'm a kind of nostalgic guy,
love the whole mood of the album, I can't help it...

HMN

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 28, 2010 12:52

Jerry released one of the most underrated albums in 1995: YOUNGBLOOD.

Fantastic album. Today he sounds like a man who should retire...

[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 28, 2010 20:01

These are the best albums of the last 5 years???

Well, it is if you only listen to Jerry Lee Lewis.

Date: September 28, 2010 20:11

Justin
These are the best albums of the last 5 years???

Well, it is if you only listen to Jerry Lee Lewis.

Some others only listen to the STONES (Me included) >grinning smiley<
Yes the title is provocative, but I'm not "In" the music that was produced during the 00's, I just can't stand it, don't like the sound , don't like also the lack of creation, at least with Jerry LEE , I'm "In" what I like, or what I want to listen to, that's it.
Yes I know, that some bands worth, but I don't want to quote Keith, they rock but where's the roll winking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-28 20:12 by Honestman.

Posted by: Cujo ()
Date: September 29, 2010 20:03

Do you think The Stones can make an album this great when they are 75 years old? I'll be surprised if they do.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 29, 2010 20:47

The great man is 75 today. smileys with beer

Date: September 29, 2010 21:01

Gazza
The great man is 75 today. smileys with beer

Ooops...winking smiley so Happy BIRTHDAY Jerry LEE !!!smileys with beer

HMN

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: September 30, 2010 00:24

last man standing was a much better album than mean old man as for best albums of the past 5 yrs?

Date: September 30, 2010 00:35

ghostryder13
last man standing was a much better album than mean old man as for best albums of the past 5 yrs?

I like both.
LMS is more rock, MOM is more country style.
Maybe people forgot to mention the country songs on MOM , great singin' and mood, "I really don't want to know" remains me Keith singin' "We had it all" some years ago .
As I wrote , no great rock'n'roll tracks, just a mood I love for the whole Album.
A very cool listenin'
I can't help it winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 30, 2010 02:58

corriecas
jeroen

i agree ... these covers don't compare to the originals. all of them!

Date: September 30, 2010 04:33

LeonidP
corriecas
jeroen

i agree ... these covers don't compare to the originals. all of them!

I don't think it was Jerry LEE's purpose, but if you don't like them, it's your choice winking smiley

HMN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home