Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck Leavell gig close to Frankfurt on September 3
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: August 30, 2011 23:23

I now there are a lot of Chuck haters here but I would like to inform the others about a Chuck Leavell gig in Langen, Germany on September 3. Langen is 20 km south of Frankfurt and close to the airport. The venue is Wolfsgarten Castle (Schloss Wolfsgarten). It’s an outdoors gig and fine weather is expected.

Tickets are available at Frankfurt Ticket

Re: Chuck Leavell gig close to Frankfurt on September 3
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 31, 2011 21:39

Chuck already did two shows in Germany: One solo, one with the band he had in 2007. This one in Langen will be with the Big Band of a major radio station!
There is a nice anecdote of the 2007 gigs. Keep in mind Keith's cocoa nbut tree incident and Chuck the Tree Farmer.
The first one was on a day off between the last O2 concerts of the Stones. Chuck told this to the audience during the tour. He just had arrived at Frankfurt airport when he received a phone call. The organizer of the tour asked him who was it and Chuck answered: That was the Stones management. They want me to come back to London immediately because they are afraid that I fall off a tree...

Date: September 4, 2011 14:01

You missed a good show and an interesting answer to the question of all questions. More to come.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2011 14:06

let me guess what the question was eye rolling smiley

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 6, 2011 12:11

Had a brief chat with Chuck on Saturday and he said the boys would be having a meeting in the very foreseeable future. Chuck would find it wrong or stupid not to tour when there is a 50th anniversary, but he does not know what will be decided.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 6, 2011 12:42

I guess we are stuck with him if there is a new tour...wonder if Mac would have been interested.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 6, 2011 13:13

Dump Chuck, and bring in Mac and Mick taylor
bye
jeroen

Date: September 6, 2011 20:04

corriecas
Dump Chuck, and bring in Mac and Mick taylor
bye
jeroen

This sounds like you want Taylor to play keyboards.

Date: September 7, 2011 08:58

Hey, Jeroen - no offense taken by your post now missing. We're all family here and family snap at each other once in awhile. To quote Keith, you shouldn't take it so hard (and neither should anyone else).

Date: September 7, 2011 18:33

Have a look at:

www.channelrent.de/download/news-leavell-konzert-wald-2011.flv

More to come on youtube. Recordings (sound and video) werde done for possible commercial release plus tv/radio presentation.

Setlist was
Statesboro Blues
Honky Tonk Women
Wee Wee Hours
Tomato Jam
Route 66
Ashley
Tumbling Dice
King Grand
Living In A Dream
Blue Rose
No Special Rider
Low Down Dirty Dog
Losing Hand
Southbound
Compared To What
(Encore)
Georgia On My Mind
Jessica

16-piece-big band, 2 backing-vocalists, cameo appearance by brillant German harmonica player Hennig Eichler.
No Special Rider, Low Down Dirty Dog und Losing Hand are from future release tribute album to great piano players.
John Mayer plays on that one whereas Chuck guests on Mayer's and tours with him.

Date: September 7, 2011 18:58

Interesting, thanks for posting. The forthcoming tribute album also has Keith guesting on it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 8, 2011 09:46

wow thats a pretty cool southern drippin set list. Chuck rocks! Thanks for the post and the hint that keeps hinting.

And as much as I love Chuck I still can't help thinking Leon Russell deserves a turn on the Stones stage. peace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home