Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beatles imitate Rolling Stones for once. New "Beatles 1" on iTunes commercial copies PLUNDERED MY SOUL video
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 1, 2011 19:27

John Lennon sang on the Beatles' I DIG A PONY "I roll a Stoney/Well, you can imitate everyone you know" in accusation that the Stones copied the Beatles too much. Well, I just watched the new commercial for the "Beatles 1" album's arrival on iTUnes and saw obvious "inspiration" from the PLUNDERED MY SOUL video.

"Beatles 1" on iTunes ad:

Re: Beatles imitate Rolling Stones for once. New "Beatles 1" on iTunes commercial copies PLUNDERED MY SOUL video
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 2, 2011 04:19

2 of em are dead and they ceased to exist as a band in 1970.

Re: Beatles imitate Rolling Stones for once. New "Beatles 1" on iTunes commercial copies PLUNDERED MY SOUL video
Date: September 2, 2011 06:50

His Majesty

And EXILE ON MAIN STREET was originally released in 1972, but the reissue went to #2 in America and #1 in England last year. And the "Beatles 1" was the biggest selling album in the entire first decade of the 2000's.

Not to mention George Harrison is on the cover of the latest ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE; (Sept 15, 2011 issue)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-02 08:00 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: September 2, 2011 09:57

His Majesty

And your point is?

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: September 2, 2011 09:58

Title5Take1
John Lennon sang on the Beatles' I DIG A PONY "I roll a Stoney/Well, you can imitate everyone you know" in accusation that the Stones copied the Beatles too much. Well, I just watched the new commercial for the "Beatles 1" album's arrival on iTUnes and saw obvious "inspiration" from the PLUNDERED MY SOUL video.

"Beatles 1" on iTunes ad:

To me it seems to owe more to the Anthology artwork/animation.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 2, 2011 10:11

I agree. Anthology and Klaus Vorman's collage seem to the the inspiration.

Date: September 2, 2011 23:36

More than one influence is involved, obviously, but the scanning across still-pics with some amidst them being live video is PLUNDERED-like.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-02 23:43 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 6, 2011 12:42

Baxter Thwaites
His Majesty

And your point is?

That it's not The Beatles copying The Rolling Stones. thumbs up

The Beatles don't exist as a band and it's unlikley Paul and Ringo had much to do with the production of the video.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home