Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rob Fraboni interview - not O/T
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: July 29, 2011 15:08

"There's very loose talk about a Stones tour for next year but Charlie [Watts] is not into doing a big, long two-, three-year thing," said Fraboni, who is close to Keith Richards. "It's not very far along except Keith would like it to happen and he's been trying to get Mick [Jagger] into it. If all that crazy stuff hadn't gone down between Keith and Mick over the book [Richards' 2010 memoir "Life"], something might have gone down by now."

[www.startribune.com]

Re: Rob Fraboni interview - not O/T
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 29, 2011 15:36

Braincapers
"There's very loose talk about a Stones tour for next year but Charlie [Watts] is not into doing a big, long two-, three-year thing," said Fraboni, who is close to Keith Richards. "It's not very far along except Keith would like it to happen and he's been trying to get Mick [Jagger] into it. If all that crazy stuff hadn't gone down between Keith and Mick over the book [Richards' 2010 memoir "Life"], something might have gone down by now."

[www.startribune.com]

That answers this:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 29, 2011 17:39

As seemingly a few people here already knew. They are probably done as far as recording a new album and doing a tour. The money would have to be 10 times more than the last time to get Mick involved. And THAT is not going to happen. And considering the sour notes of the last tour why would anyone with any coherence at all want to promote or support that?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 29, 2011 19:50

??????...what sour notes??? The Stones would tell you it was the largest grossing tour ever before U2 surpassed them...they persevered through Keith's illness...played in front of millions in Brazil and went all around the world setting all kinds of achievements for 60+ old rockers.......I could write the press release in my sleep.....what are you talking about??....and what people on here know?...not a single responsible accurate "insider" post has claimed they are "done" with regards to a tour or new album. The best information you've gotten is that Mick's a little annoyed and that the rest are waiting on him to get on board.

Date: July 29, 2011 19:53

Sour notes...literally. The guitar playing.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 29, 2011 20:05

What are the naysayers going to say if The Stones tour?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:49

Stonestour ... cool

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 30, 2011 01:11

DragonSky

life is about choices....if you think they suck live don't go.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:10

Rob's a great guy. Have hung with him a few times during recent Stones' tours. A friend of mine is also recording with him in NJ.

Date: July 30, 2011 03:00

Rip This
DragonSky

life is about choices....if you think they suck live don't go.

It is 100% fact that I will not see The Rolling Stones live ever again. Not only can I not afford it but, as Tom Petty put it somewhat, they 'don't come around here no more' and haven't for years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1678
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home