Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Summarize The Rolling Stones Career in 1 Paragraph...
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:25

I like this one on the HMV-UK site...but I'm sure we can come up with a few good ones...Cheers

Originally part of the early 1960s British blues/R&B scene, the Rolling Stones rapidly ascended the heights of fame with a perfect combination of hit singles and media-grabbing scandals. By the '70s, Keith Richards had become a bona fide guitar hero, and Mick Jagger an unlikely sex symbol. The world became the Stones' stage, and their music continued to walk the line between blues, rock, and whatever lay around the next corner, be it reggae, funk, or disco. Despite the ravages of changing fashion, solo albums, and plain old age, the Stones persevered through the decades to become a venerable institution, refusing to relinquish their title as "The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band".

Re: Summarize The Rolling Stones Career in 1 Paragraph...
Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:31

I would add several more sentences about the '60s and delete most of the rest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-15 06:25 by cc.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:40

palerider22
I like this one on the HMV-UK site...but I'm sure we can come up with a few good ones...Cheers

Originally part of the early 1960s British blues/R&B scene, the Rolling Stones rapidly ascended the heights of fame with a perfect combination of hit singles and media-grabbing scandals. By the '70s, Keith Richards had become a bona fide guitar hero, and Mick Jagger an unlikely sex symbol. The world became the Stones' stage, and their music continued to walk the line between blues, rock, and whatever lay around the next corner, be it reggae, funk, or disco. Despite the ravages of changing fashion, solo albums, and plain old age, the Stones persevered through the decades to become a venerable institution, refusing to relinquish their title as "The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band".

Perfect! The only thing I would change is "The World's Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band" to "The Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band Of All Time"! Cheers, from one Pale Rider to another.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:53

Sum up the Stones in one paragraph: The Rolling Stones: The Rolling Stones (1964) · The Rolling Stones No. 2 (1965) · Out of Our Heads (1965) · Aftermath (1966) · Between the Buttons (1967) 1964–1967 England's Newest Hit Makers (1964) · 12 X 5 (1964) · The Rolling Stones, Now! (1965) · Out of Our Heads (1965) · December's Children (And Everybody's) (1965) Their Satanic Majesties Request (1967) · Beggars Banquet (1968) · Let It Bleed (1969) · Sticky Fingers (1971) · Exile on Main St. (1972) · Goats Head Soup (1973) · It's Only Rock 'n Roll (1974) · Black and Blue (1976) · Some Girls (1978) · Emotional Rescue (1980) · Tattoo You (1981) · Undercover (1983) · Dirty Work (1986) · Steel Wheels (1989) · Voodoo Lounge (1994) · Bridges to Babylon (1997) · A Bigger Bang (2005)

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: September 15, 2010 06:10

Broccoli, from the Italian plural of broccolo, referring to "the flowering top of a cabbage", is a plant of the mustard/cabbage family Brassicaceae (formerly Cruciferae). It is classified in the Italica cultivar group of the species Brassica oleracea. Broccoli has large flower heads, usually green in color, arranged in a tree-like fashion on branches sprouting from a thick, edible stalk. The mass of flower heads is surrounded by leaves. Many varieties of broccoli are perennial. Broccoli most closely resembles cauliflower, which is a different cultivar group of the same species.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-15 06:11 by bernardanderson.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 15, 2010 06:33

It's easier to do in one sentence. I always use Bret "The Hitman" Hart's saying. I just use it on The Stones instead. "The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be".

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 15, 2010 08:03

"Their first album was recorded in twenty minutes...The second one took even longer".

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: September 15, 2010 09:31

Robert Christgau:

"Only rock and roll? The Stones are the proof of the form. When the guitars and the drums and the voice come together in those elementary patters that no one else has ever quite managed to simulate, the most undeniable excitement is a virtually automatic result. To insist that this excitement doesn't reach you is not to articulate an aesthetic judgment but to assert a rather uninteresting crotchet of taste. It is to boast that you don't like rock and roll itself."

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 15, 2010 10:00

bernardanderson
Broccoli, from the Italian plural of broccolo, referring to "the flowering top of a cabbage", is a plant of the mustard/cabbage family Brassicaceae (formerly Cruciferae). It is classified in the Italica cultivar group of the species Brassica oleracea. Broccoli has large flower heads, usually green in color, arranged in a tree-like fashion on branches sprouting from a thick, edible stalk. The mass of flower heads is surrounded by leaves. Many varieties of broccoli are perennial. Broccoli most closely resembles cauliflower, which is a different cultivar group of the same species.

No vegging out on site please!

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: September 15, 2010 10:03

JumpingKentFlash
It's easier to do in one sentence. I always use Bret "The Hitman" Hart's saying. I just use it on The Stones instead. "The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be".

Yeah, pretty much sums it up.

Posted by: Simon ()
Date: September 15, 2010 11:21

Charlie Watts (some time ago...):

20 years of hanging around, five years of playing music!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 15, 2010 15:22

in one sentence:

A great live band from the very start, The Rolling Stones were also very lucky to have a great manager, rhythm section, and songwriting team, which has propelled them from being a very good live R & B band to an often -times phenomenal live rock and roll band who can command huge stages in stadiums or small stages in bars or theaters.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 15, 2010 16:53

Mostly Harmless.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 15, 2010 17:02

A lot of cultural posing with some good music here and there.

Oh wait, that's not a paragraph. Oh well, maybe some other day I can be bothered to actually write something meaningful.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 15, 2010 17:30

a great band, most times great music. gave me alot of joy since 1976 (first time i saw them live-the Hague Netherlands). i will have their music play at my funeral. Love them.
bye jeroen

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: September 15, 2010 18:27

They were born in a crossfire hurricane, and howled at their ma in the driving rain. Raised by a toothless, bearded hag, they were schooled with a strap right across their back. They were drowned, washed up, and left for dead; they fell down to their feet and saw they bled. They frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread. They were crowned with a spike right through their head.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 15, 2010 21:41

scaffer
They were born in a crossfire hurricane, and howled at their ma in the driving rain. Raised by a toothless, bearded hag, they were schooled with a strap right across their back. They were drowned, washed up, and left for dead; they fell down to their feet and saw they bled. They frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread. They were crowned with a spike right through their head.

But is it all right now?

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: September 15, 2010 22:01

Time, Place, Art, Fashion, Music, Power.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: September 16, 2010 03:17

It's alright now, GreenLady.

In fact, I hear it's a gas.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 18, 2010 09:46

The Rolling Stones are the Greatest Rock Band on this Planet..they always have been..and they always will be..and then very closely followed by The Beatles.I always like to mention The Beatles in the same sentence as The Rolling Stones when im talking about how great The Stones are.But to be fair there are lots of other bands that are also great.But The Rolling Stones are certainly the greatest of them all.When ya' have people of all ages from nearly every country in the world still talking about The Stones 24/7 x 365 days..nearly 50 years after they formed their Band.Well to sum The Rolling Stones up in a few words they're..
The Greatest Rock Band in the World

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 11, 2010 03:32

"The Rolling Stones are to Rock Music..as Picasso is to Art..Genius"

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: October 11, 2010 03:36

palerider22

thumbs up

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: October 11, 2010 03:36

colonial
"The Rolling Stones are to Rock Music..as Picasso is to Art..Genius"

thumbs up

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 11, 2010 03:39

The Rolling Stones have been the quintessential band laying the blueprint of how a rock band should look and act. Fundamentally a band rootedin the blues but able to expand into just about any form of music.

I don't know I suck at this!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home