Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Tour from USAToday
Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: September 8, 2010 03:46

Rolling Stones Reportedly Planning 50th Anniversary TourPosted on Sep 7th 2010 2:30PM by John D. Luerssen Comments (2)

Stephen Lovekin
Rolling Stones devotees can expect the revered band to tour again, according to drummer Charlie Watts. The 69-year-old kit man confirmed that the group will likely start things up again in 2011.

"We're discussing it at the moment," Watts told Le Parisien (according to Gibson). "We said that if we do something, it will be next year or the year after."

"We've reached an age where you can't look too far into the future," added the drummer, who turns 70 next year. The band's remaining co-founders, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, will hit that milestone in 2013. Guitarist Ron Wood, who has been with the band since 1975, is the baby of the band at 63 years old.

In July, reports cited an unnamed source close to the band as saying that the Stones were in talks with concert promoter Live Nation to launch a massive farewell stadium tour that would run into 2012, the 50th anniversary of the band. But don't expect tickets to come cheap -- in 2005, the band launched its two-year, 144-date "A Bigger Bang" tour, which became the highest grossing concert trek of all time.

Re: New Tour from USAToday
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 8, 2010 03:56

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 8, 2010 06:00

Great to hear the Rolling Stones are going to tour again. I have always felt there would be another tour though I know that there were many IORR posters that didn't think that the band would ever tour again. Lol, of course those people might not admit it now.

Date: September 8, 2010 06:34

RSbestbandever
Great to hear the Rolling Stones are going to tour again. I have always felt there would be another tour though I know that there were many IORR posters that didn't think that the band would ever tour again. Lol, of course those people might not admit it now.
Still hasn't been a tour announcement. This is just a rehash of all the same rumours we've heard for months.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 8, 2010 13:37

As far as the press is concerned, it's now received wisdom that "everybody knows" there is going to be another Stones tour which will be a farewell tour.

So every new interview (like Charlie's) is reported as if he is talking about this "farewell tour" - whether he is or not. Then it gets picked up by other reporters who haven't even read Charlie's interview...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 8, 2010 14:41

RSbestbandever
i am one of those people that you mention .dont believe it for a second.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 8, 2010 15:55

Charlie saying "If we tour, it will be next year or the year after" and that they can't plan further ahead than a couple years hardly counts as an announcement. Must be a slow day at USA Today.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: September 8, 2010 16:43

Geez, sorry I posted it all. Too much negativity and doubt. Same group that says they won't gp but post daily......just saying.

Kudos to RSbestbandever! Glad we share some excitement.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 8, 2010 17:11

"Just saying."

It is what it is - just a saying that is redundant to what was already said. Kind of like...UPC code.

Look, Charlie saying one thing is that. But it's nothing new or different than we've already heard. That's the point. So far there is no tour. I think the key factor to the Stones putting something in USA Today is that it is a nation wide paper in a lot of hotels across the United States (that people actually read, if not look at). Nothing like putting a little bug in everyone's head.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 8, 2010 17:14

Glastonbury as a starting point! But I doubt it...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 8, 2010 18:08

I don't think this was a press release. USA Today just picked up on the French news story and rehashed it. This will bring it to more attention in the States, but it doesn't change the fact that Charlie's comments were off the cuff and the media are treating it as An Announcement when it amounts to very little. I think Charlie cancelling gigs in November is more telling than anything from the French interview.

Date: September 8, 2010 18:57

jjflash73
Geez, sorry I posted it all. Too much negativity and doubt. Same group that says they won't gp but post daily......just saying.

Plenty of excitement. It was just on the other three threads with the same story.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 8, 2010 19:00

jjflash73

Thanks JJFlash. The Rolling Stones have always brought excitement so it's easy for me to get pumped up about the tour.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: September 9, 2010 06:52

Stones wont say if there is a tour or not til early next summer. What I've heard from a source.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 9, 2010 10:06

tipps
Stones wont say if there is a tour or not til early next summer. What I've heard from a source.
Well, that's too late...tippy.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: September 9, 2010 11:38

Yes i saw this interview on our newspaper "Le Parisien".
For those who can watch French TV, Charlie Watts, who is currently touring in Paris, will be interviewed at the end of the "Journal télévisé on France 2" (at 13:00).

Maybe THE question will be asked again... smiling smiley

Try here "en direct":
[www.pluzz.fr]

Or here after:
[www.pluzz.fr]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home