Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR members...do they get...
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 5, 2011 13:38

...any heads up on tickets if and when the shows are announced? It seems unfair that the great stalwarts of this forum, spend year after year keeping Stones things relevant (most of the time) surely we should get some advantage! The ridiculous debacle of having to join the 'official' stones fan club (which has no forum and no loyalty whatsoever, is a lottery and the tickets they issued were shit anyway.

BV must have some influence, maybe he could get us all some hot seats for our respective nation's gigs.

Re: IORR members...do they get...
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 5, 2011 14:33

I think Shidoobee got the heads-up on theatre tickets a few years ago.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 5, 2011 15:32

..for the Beacon shows. As a member there happened to work for Scorsese's production team or something and they needed a bit of 'casting' IIRC.

Otherwise, same boat as the rest of us.

Date: June 5, 2011 15:36

That'll do me Gazza, I can roll a spliff, carry anything around, I'm brilliant at saying '1,2....1,2,...testing, testing...' !

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 5, 2011 17:40

crumbling_mice
BV must have some influence, maybe he could get us all some hot seats

Yeah right

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 5, 2011 17:47

crumbling_mice
...any heads up on tickets if and when the shows are announced? It seems unfair that the great stalwarts of this forum, spend year after year keeping Stones things relevant (most of the time) surely we should get some advantage! The ridiculous debacle of having to join the 'official' stones fan club (which has no forum and no loyalty whatsoever, is a lottery and the tickets they issued were shit anyway.

BV must have some influence, maybe he could get us all some hot seats for our respective nation's gigs.

Everyone has a different approach in obtaining concert tickets. Why not show up without tickets? There are always others that have extra tix at the venue. It's risky, but strategy has been favorable. The onus is on the scalper and not the buyer.

Date: June 5, 2011 18:05

Chris Fountain
crumbling_mice

Everyone has a different approach in obtaining concert tickets. Why not show up without tickets? There are always others that have extra tix at the venue. It's risky, but strategy has been favorable. The onus is on the scalper and not the buyer.

I've done that before Chris, but if this will be the last tour, I don't really want to gamble. In 1982 at the ROundhay Park gig (which was supposed to be their last ever!) I went up the day before to watch them setting the stage up and wandered around a bit. Eventually I got talking to some of the crew who gave me two pass tickets. I've never been so excited in my life, got there the next day and wafted our tickets at the guys on the fence and we were let straight in. Unfortunatly the tickets didnt get us anywhere near backstage, just an area where there was a bar and catering for all the other liggers, but it sure beat queueing up for drinks etc. We still had to go into the main arena to watch the show, but hey - what a freebie!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 5, 2011 18:10

crumbling_mice
Chris Fountain
crumbling_mice

I've done that before Chris, but if this will be the last tour, I don't really want to gamble. In 1982 at the ROundhay Park gig (which was supposed to be their last ever!) I went up the day before to watch them setting the stage up and wandered around a bit. Eventually I got talking to some of the crew who gave me two pass tickets. I've never been so excited in my life, got there the next day and wafted our tickets at the guys on the fence and we were let straight in. Unfortunatly the tickets didnt get us anywhere near backstage, just an area where there was a bar and catering for all the other liggers, but it sure beat queueing up for drinks etc. We still had to go into the main arena to watch the show, but hey - what a freebie!

Ok...Never had a proble. But the only events, which are ticket inclusive are the Superbowl, Master's (Golf) and perhaps the Final Four (college basketball).

By the way, I noticed a rodent in your signature! You may need to purchase a trap or some type of repellant..LOL

Date: June 5, 2011 19:44

I was thinking about some of the real stalwarts on here like Edith, Gazza, Rockman, Swaystones et al - they are a constant, and usually hugely informative..I'd nominate them for free passes for services over and above the call of duty. I'd nominate me simply for coming up with the idea smileys with beer

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 5, 2011 20:09

Chris Fountain
crumbling_mice

I just went to three Elvis Costello shows at the Beacon in NY. I was traveling from Seattle, so I bought tickets online from StubHub for the first show only: $400 for two for the 3rd row. All three shows were sold out. The second two nights I went to the box two hours before the show and bought 3rd row tickets for $89. Now, it helps if you only need one. What many people don't realize is that tickets are sent back to the box office the day or night of the show, even on shows that are sold out. A bit of luck and timing is required, but I have got some amazing seats this way.

Date: June 5, 2011 20:35

Hell of a gamble, but I guess if you couldn't get one prior to the shows it's gotta be worth a shot. I'm adding you tele71 to my list of nominees for free Stones tickets!

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 04:48

couldn't agree more on the stones "official " site i also bought tickets to the letna park show in prague and the tickets were very ordinary for full price.. but i have been spoilt by ahving front row in melbourne where i was able to catch keefs plectrum during tumbling dice. guess it is a crap shoot for tickets though.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 6, 2011 09:23

crumbling_mice
Hell of a gamble, but I guess if you couldn't get one prior to the shows it's gotta be worth a shot. I'm adding you tele71 to my list of nominees for free Stones tickets!

For a great ticket to the Stones my strategy is a little different:

1. Clean out bank account
2. Contact scalper

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2011 19:18

We get nothing...and like it.angry smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 6, 2011 19:50

What is a "stalwart" ,crumblin'mice ?

OK, I know the English meaning of it ,but on which ways is it different from a "hardcore fan" ?
I am not sure my English is good enough to get the slight difference .

BTW,you've got a nice new signature ,crumbling -mice
What are the things that ,well,you can't refuse ? smiling smiley

EDITED for grammar mispellings

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-06 20:01 by SwayStones.

Date: June 6, 2011 20:39

A stalwart, as defined by the Oxford dictionary is;

'a loyal, reliable, and hard-working supporter of or participant in an organization or iorr!'

If I told you what it is I can't refuse, I'd have to kill you Sway!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 6, 2011 20:54

crumbling_mice
Swaystones et al

Wow !
So you think I count as a look alike ?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 6, 2011 21:34

You are definatly not a Stones look a like Sway!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home