Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

40 years today since get Yer Ya-Yas Out was released!
Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: September 4, 2010 14:47

Today it is 40 years since Get Yer Ya-Yas Out was released! The best rock'n roll live album ever. In Kristiansand in southern Norway, my band The Crawlin' Kingsnakes, will celebrate the event by playing the entire album, including the extras on the newly released deluxe edition. We will play it in the order of the setlist in MSG november 1969.

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Sympathy For The Devil
Stray Cat Blues
Love In Vain
Prodical Son
You Gotta Move
Under My Thumb
I'm free
Midnight Rambler
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Woman
Street Fighting Man

You seems to be ready, are you ready?

Re: 40 years today since get Yer Ya-Yas Out was released!
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 4, 2010 15:17

Remember it as it was yesterday, Ya Ya's didn't left my turn table for months back then

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2010 18:39

The intro....aaah goose bumps. Play it loud!!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 4, 2010 19:06

Even tho I had heard the Stones play many Chuck Berry numbers on numerous LPs before this tour these recordings of 'Carol" and "Little Queenie" gave me the first glimpse of that great finger-linkin' lip-smackin' roadhouse boogie woogie funk that they could pull off so effortlessly (or so it seemed)!!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 4, 2010 19:28

Harm
The intro....aaah goose bumps. Play it loud!!
Sure it does ! My 1st Stones vinyl ....Yes,the intro of JJF still gives me goose bumps but I do like too the opening words - Sam Cutler? MSG :27 or 28 th ?
Everybody seems to be ready .Are you ready ? ...the best rockn'roll band in the world ...Is that what he said ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-04 19:39 by SwayStones.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: September 4, 2010 20:39

It's a combination of several intros.

I hear. "It seems to be ready, everybody ready, for next band, we're sorry for the delay is everybody ready? (then some mish-mash of voice-overs including) "they've done East Coast, they've done the West coast, they've done lots of other places in America and now they've finally made it to New York. Let's really hear it for the next band, The Rolling Stones, the Rolling Stones, the Rolling Stones, the greatest rock and roll band in the world, the Rolling Stones...the Rolling Stones."

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2010 20:51

TeaAtThree
It's a combination of several intros.

I hear. "It seems to be ready, everybody ready, for next band, we're sorry for the delay is everybody ready? (then some mish-mash of voice-overs including) "they've done East Coast, they've done the West coast, they've done lots of other places in America and now they've finally made it to New York. Let's really hear it for the next band, The Rolling Stones, the Rolling Stones, the Rolling Stones, the greatest rock and roll band in the world, the Rolling Stones...the Rolling Stones."

...but then, the crowd screaming....

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 4, 2010 21:15

TeaAtThree
Let's really hear it for the next band, The Rolling Stones, the Rolling Stones, the Rolling Stones, the greatest rock and roll band in the world, the Rolling Stones...the Rolling Stones."

Many thanks .That's what "did" me in the mid 70's.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: September 5, 2010 03:47

Hardly a day goes by when I don't listen to this album at least once . . . .

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: September 5, 2010 04:42

It's just the best ever! And we nailed it in front of a full house. Thanx toThe Rolling Stones. I love you! smileys with beer

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 5, 2010 04:58

That is a great way to celebrate this release Niklas. I was at the MSG show in 69.
It was something so special..... I was completely taken over by that performance, it was the best.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 5, 2010 06:30

This was the album that convinced me that they were a superstar group. I was just getting over the Beatles and Let It Bleed was my first Stones album. It was a little too mature for me. Midnight Rambler was beyond my comprehension, and Live With Me seemed quite sophisticated. But by the time I heard GYYYO on a good stereo I was floored. Street Fighting Man at MSG is maybe the most powerful live performance ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-05 06:31 by 24FPS.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 5, 2010 11:42

Don't forget to listen to the 40th Anniversary version today. A fantastic release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-05 11:43 by Blueranger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home