Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: how much money you would pay to see the stones in concert2011/12?
Posted by: winter ()
Date: September 4, 2010 03:15

If Mick Taylor is hired as a sideman for the tour with the horns and backup singers, I will attempt to see them 3 times. If not, then I will only see them once or twice and I will not pay more than $90.

Stadiums- I swore off stadium shows in the US after the '97 tour; because of the audiences, not the band. I did go to the 2005 Durham NC one because it's practically as small as an arena. If I got the chance to take an international vacation (haven't since Netherlands in 2003) that coincided with their gigs in Europe, and I couldn't get in to an arena, I would try to see them one last time for $60-75 in a UK, NL or FR stadium. But only if I couldn't get into an arena.

Arena- $60-90; up to $150 if Taylor's in tow and it's the only time I get to see them.

Theater- I think I used up my Stones' karma getting 4th row center aisle tickets for $50 to the first Licks theater show at the Orpheum in Boston. I don't expect to see them in that intimate of a setting ever again, unless Mick comes to his senses and hosts a free 3 night stand in Amsterdam/Utrecht for all us hardcore fans here on IORR.

Club- Be serious; they do *one* of these per tour as a last minute warmup gig. 300-500 people out of 6+ billion who can put their life on hold, make it to the rehearsals city and wait out in the elements all day to then see a 60 minute show? I could do that 20 years ago, but...

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 4, 2010 04:15

Whatever someone else is willing to buy me a ticket for....have paid for thousands of dollars of tix for others over the last 30 years and unfortunately am now unemployed and broke...time for a "miracle" ticket or two or three for the next tour!!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 4, 2010 04:21

It depends on how many shows I want to see.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 4, 2010 08:07

dcba
We hardcore fans are 1% of a stadium population... so decisions will NOT be made to please us.
So the tour'll be stadiums more stadiums, a few songs from the opening gig posted live on Youtube, and in 2013 an EXPENSIVE dvd boxset.
So be it! grinning smiley

<<< We hardcore fans are 1% of a stadium population ... so decisions will NOT be made to please us >>>

That's it precisely, they will go (and they'd be stupid not to) with what the majority dictates, and we (the hardcore fanbase if you wanna call us that) will go along with it. And as Keith himself is on record as saying, as much as THEY, the band, might like to do the smaller more intimate venues, how fair would that be to the hordes that would want to see them, and end up not being able to do so ?

Considering all that, it's pretty obvious to envisage what form the next tour (be it the FINAL one or not) takes, and it is invariably bound to incorporate stadiums. There's no getting away from it. Like it or not, that's what I personally am expecting at any rate.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-04 08:08 by paulywaul.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 4, 2010 10:20

It won't be cheap. Much as I dislike stadium shows, I'll be there if that's the only choice. If it's silly money - like last tour's £150 plus fees, I'll probably just catch one with like minded diehards (rather than partners). If it's cheaper / I've got money in my pockets / it's not all stadium.....well, we'll see.

I do get the impression from this board that some of us will be seeing fewer shows than we have done in the past and travelling less (but hands up if you've said that on previous tours - I know I have).

Date: September 4, 2010 12:50

Gazza
Pelle
When I read how some people here wants "stones to pay them to go to a concert" you really seem to hate the band.. why even hang on this forum? Im getting upset eye rolling smiley

One person said that. And quantified it by saying it applied to stadiums.

I would suggest that if that upsets you, you have some serious issues.

...There you go, Pelle. Now that's what I call 'laying it on the line'...
You've been *told*, my son; sorted.
And you asked for it, really; how DARE you interfer with the serious talk of the *real* fans. Have you got no dignity whatsoever??
Everybody knows the Stones ain't nothing without us, endless critics & knowing-it-alls... OFF COURSE they should pay us!! It is only fair.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:11

LOL

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:57

Actually they should hire us the toughest critics and bisserwissers here at IORR to tour with them, to have the best seats, to live with them in the best hotels (with best meals) etc. and after each concert we would give them a lecture what the went wrong (or right if there is minimal chance for that.): set list whining, the guitar department weaknesses, Chuck's and other back up musician's involvement, the urge to get back Taylor and Wyman... They will listen, and hopefully learn. Of course, consulting with this kind of expertise and precise is a demanding job and, naturally, this should be reflected in wage; I think a decent percantage straight from the tour profits is not too much asked...

- Doxa

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 4, 2010 14:13

Doxa
Actually they should hire us the toughest critics and bisserwissers here at IORR to tour with them, to have the best seats, to live with them in the best hotels (with best meals) etc. and after each concert we would give them a lecture what the went wrong (or right if there is minimal chance for that.): set list whining, the guitar department weaknesses, Chuck's and other back up musician's involvement, the urge to get back Taylor and Wyman... They will listen, and hopefully learn. Of course, consulting with this kind of expertise and precise is a demanding job and, naturally, this should be reflected in wage; I think a decent percantage straight from the tour profits is not too much asked...

- Doxa[/quote

Sounds reasonable, although since we can never agree on here, the aftershow analysis could be lengthy and we might require the Hells Angels as security...but it's a dream...I'd even settle for all the registered members of iorr to be given tickets for the 'on stage' section...we'd be like Waldorf and Statler from the muppets!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 4, 2010 14:21

crumbling_mice
Doxa

- Doxa[/quote

Sounds reasonable, although since we can never agree on here, the aftershow analysis could be lengthy and we might require the Hells Angels as security...but it's a dream...I'd even settle for all the registered members of iorr to be given tickets for the 'on stage' section...we'd be like Waldorf and Statler from the muppets!!

Yeah, and Jagger would have a new use and meaning for his old remark "everything's alright in critics' section?"...

- Doxa

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 4, 2010 14:26

paulywaul
Hate to say it, but whatever it takes. There's no way they're gonna be out there and I ain't gonna also be out there seein' 'em !!

Unfortunately - that's the case for me, too.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 4, 2010 17:43

Pelle
When I read how some people here wants "stones to pay them to go to a concert" you really seem to hate the band.. why even hang on this forum? Im getting upset eye rolling smiley

I said: I only go to a stadium show if they pay me for!

right, I somehow hate what has become of the Stones. They used to be a great band, but now there not much more than human jukeboxes (in fact jukeboxes that have some problems in getting things together). The Stones used to be innovative and commercial but now they're somehow just commercial. And their stadium shows, their posing as well as their "live" albums remind me more of circus clowns than serious musicians. Maybe their problem is not being able to grew old without losing dignity

Maybe they should rather fade away or re-lounch themselves as a small blues band doing secret gigs without much publicity (something like Bob Dylan did in 1975 with his "Rolling Thunder Revue" )

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 4, 2010 21:12

SwayStones

It's painful but I must admit you're right.
The "worst "thing is that I'll be still there if they tour again.
Because there can't be comparison .With other bands .

You better don't compare indeed SwayStones, cause you might change your mind...

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: September 4, 2010 21:51

I'd probably pay 500 dollars if I thought it was my last chance to see them.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: September 4, 2010 23:08

Addicted
paulywaul
Hate to say it, but whatever it takes. There's no way they're gonna be out there and I ain't gonna also be out there seein' 'em !!

Unfortunately - that's the case for me, too.

+1

and i suppose everyone else too.

Date: September 5, 2010 09:10

For me,I would like to know how many songs the concert will consist of. I would pay more for a 21 song concert than for an 18 or 19 song concert. They should make this known beforehand. It's just like anything else. When you buy some socks,you know exactly how many you will get. It shouldn't be any different here.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 5, 2010 09:18

They're gonna play "what the majority dictates"?

Who is "the majority"? I get that it's about the hits but even Mick knows now that some obscure songs are also highly appreciated live, like he pointed out about Loving Cup in Japan or whatever.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 5, 2010 17:22

Winning Ugly VXII
For me,I would like to know how many songs the concert will consist of. I would pay more for a 21 song concert than for an 18 or 19 song concert. They should make this known beforehand. It's just like anything else. When you buy some socks,you know exactly how many you will get. It shouldn't be any different here.

I've never in my life heard of a band that tells you in advance the precise number of songs they're going to play unless it's someone doing one of their concept albums in its entirety and that's all they're gonna do. One of the nice things about concert-going in the pre-internet age was NOT knowing exactly how many songs, and exactly what songs, the band was gonna do. There was a little bit of an element of suspense and surprise. Now it's like we're all just watching some pre-programed entertainment. It might as well be a movie.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 5, 2010 19:30

paulywaul
That's it precisely, they will go (and they'd be stupid not to) with what the majority dictates, .

A band who allows themselves to be 'dictated' to isnt a band, but merely a human jukebox.

Surely to God they - of all bands - have earned the right by now to have some degree of artistic expression left and freedom to perform what they want.

They should do precisely that - and if the 'blow ins' cant take it, then tough titty - if these people still cant enjoy it and choose to stay away from future tours, its hardly going to make any difference as there probably wont be any more tours anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-05 19:31 by Gazza.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: September 5, 2010 20:30

$350 - $500 a show

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 5, 2010 20:45

mickscarey - are you saying the employment situation was finally favorable? I hope so.

Posted by: Rock'n'roller ()
Date: September 6, 2010 00:51

£30 max. (Sorry colonial, but, inevitably, they're just not what they were.)

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: September 6, 2010 05:40

Chris Fountain
mickscarey - are you saying the employment situation was finally favorable? I hope so.

Not sure what you mean but I got plenty of cash and will pay whatever it takes. Seems like we have too many "fair weather" Stones fans here. Maybe they should move to Bon Aerosmith or U2dope or some other band, right? Stones are where it be!

Date: September 6, 2010 06:20

tatters
Winning Ugly VXII

I've never in my life heard of a band that tells you in advance the precise number of songs they're going to play unless it's someone doing one of their concept albums in its entirety and that's all they're gonna do. One of the nice things about concert-going in the pre-internet age was NOT knowing exactly how many songs, and exactly what songs, the band was gonna do. There was a little bit of an element of suspense and surprise. Now it's like we're all just watching some pre-programed entertainment. It might as well be a movie.

Knowing how many songs will be played & knowing which songs will be played are 2 entirely different issues. I do want to be surprised by which songs are played but, I DO NOT want to be surprised by a 17 or an 18 song show with the prices for decent tickets @ $ 160 + and $ 450 +.

I have never heard of this being done either but,that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done as they go into uncharted waters as far as ticket prices are concerned. This has nothing - zero to do with the internet,just allowing people to make an informed decision on whether or not to spend such a relatively large sum of money. By the way,I have a magazine from 1981 with set lists from the first month of the tour. The information was out there pre-internet but,this is not my point. I just believe that they should bring more consistency in concert duration to the table. For example,just come out and state that each show will be 20 songs or whatever # they feel is right,just stick to it.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 6, 2010 16:12

Rock'n'roller
Rock'n'roller..With been a loyal Stones fan I have a sense of moral obligation to see The Rolling Stones.And what would I pay for that honour..well put it this way im not going to quiver over a few hundred dollars the ticket prices don't come into it.. cheers matesmoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 6, 2010 18:20

Gazza
paulywaul
That's it precisely, they will go (and they'd be stupid not to) with what the majority dictates, .

A band who allows themselves to be 'dictated' to isnt a band, but merely a human jukebox.

Surely to God they - of all bands - have earned the right by now to have some degree of artistic expression left and freedom to perform what they want.

They should do precisely that - and if the 'blow ins' cant take it, then tough titty - if these people still cant enjoy it and choose to stay away from future tours, its hardly going to make any difference as there probably wont be any more tours anyway.

<<< Surely to God they - of all bands - have earned the right by now to have some degree of artistic expression left and freedom to perform what they want >>>

I FULLY agree with you, OF COURSE they, above virtually anybody else, have earned that right. All I'm saying is that I don't think they'll EXERCISE that right, and I'll wager you'd be there agreeing with me on that point.

As for your second point, "tough titty", I'm afraid to say that I cannot imagine them thinking like that. They'll look at it the way the way they've always looked at it; and they way they look at it is largely governed by (a) the numbers that wanna see 'em, and (b) maintaining an element of safety in terms of the material they play. I dislike it as much as you do, but I can't see the basic formula changing for the next (supposedly BIG and conceivably LAST) outing ... sorry old son.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 6, 2010 18:29

if they pay me i go!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: September 6, 2010 20:56

Rock'n'roller

ok. so we won´t see you then. bye bye.

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: September 6, 2010 21:00

marko
I have nothing against stadium shows,but on ABB tour,there was no soul in music anymore,it was gone.I really liked voodoo and Btb tours,and licks as well.If they wanna do a stadium tour.They should get the soul back,i don´t wanna hear another ABB,,,musicly their worst tour.

Unfortunately that's the truth!

But for all that...if they tour, I will pay and go.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: September 8, 2010 02:18

Nothing. Don't want to see them anymore. While Mick could probably put on a decent show and charlie can still play I don't think the rest of the band can .
I am not interested in seeing a shell of a great band. They should just give it a rest . I mean I really don't want to hear Keith play really bad solo's or watch Ron(Just go away) Wood act like an @#$%& and play like crap. I love em and want to remember them when they could just WOW you .

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home