Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones fan club help
Posted by: chu1chu2 ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:45

I am trying to find out where to join the Rolling Stones fan club so when/if they do decide to go on tour again we will be able to have the pre sale for tickets/VIP packages. Can anyone help me!!?? Thanks!!

Re: Rolling Stones fan club help
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 13, 2011 00:48

HAHAHAHAHAHA - that's funny. Best of luck to you.

I'm not going to point you in that direction though. You can thank me later.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 13, 2011 01:01

chu1chu2..Just click onto any of stonescrows threads he usually gives out daily updates on The Stones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 13, 2011 01:49

CindyC
HAHAHAHAHAHA - that's funny. Best of luck to you.

I'm not going to point you in that direction though. You can thank me later.

I actually got a bunch of stuff they had promised (still probably not worth it), from my twice joining the fanclub...a t-shirt, baseball cap, DVD, poster, some other who cares stuff like a 'fanclub membership card'.

Annoying to have to pay money to join the fanclub, just to be able to get reasonable tickets. Kind of like a $100 surcharge.

Date: May 13, 2011 02:18

I know there is a fee, just like ZZ Top or anyone else. I just can't find the website..........!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 13, 2011 03:19

Chu1chu2: I don't know if there is a Rolling Stones fan club anymore. The old one wasn't very popular around here. Look at the official Rolling Stones site and maybe you will find something.

Date: May 13, 2011 03:36

Yeah, I looked there. And I contacted them and they told me to come here to ask. After waiting 9 days for the moderator to say it was ok I'm still not really getting any answers. I did find it once about 6 or so months ago but I don't remember where I went..........sad smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2011 03:48

so let me get this right...there's no prospect of a Stones tour for the forseeable future and despite that you're actually wanting to go out of your way to give these people money 'just in case' there might be something someday?

Date: May 13, 2011 05:25

No, what I want to do is to have the information on the place to go to if/when there is an announcement of a tour. I plan ahead. My disabled Veteran husband has paid for and taken me backstage to my favorite bands ZZ Top, Aerosmith, etc. and I would like to be able to return the favor to him by getting my eggs in a row so I can do the same for him as the Stones are HIS favorite band. Does this explain enough for someone to quit thinking I'm a dunce and give me the information I've been asking for???

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 13, 2011 07:17

Not sure if this is what you want but here's the Newsletter update page

[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: May 13, 2011 07:24

Seems like I've gone to that website but THANK YOU for taking the time to send me a link instead of asking me a bunch of stupid questions!! thumbs up I will sign up for it and see what happens! Thank you vox12string!! If anyone else out there has any good input I would really appreciate it!!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 13, 2011 08:25

There hasn't been a fanclub since around 1983. Wouldn't call RollingStones.Com one either, it's more like an on-line store that sells concert tickets. A lot of fans on this site have had poor dealings with them so there's little love for them, myself included. It was like kicking a habit, hard at first but gratifying later. I suppose that's why some folks would like to steer you away from it. Also, The Stones haven't done a "real" backstage package like some other bands. But who knows maybe they'll do it on the next tour.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: May 13, 2011 13:18

Some advice chu1 chu2, don't waste your time or money joining the 'fanclub' on the official site. I did just before the Licks tour and was continually let down. Apart from the absolutely shocking 100 dollar charge per ticket order each set of tickets arrived nearly too late to travel to the show and when I got to the gig I had some of the worst seats I've ever had at any show. Why was I paying three times as much as the regular punters to sit at the very back of a stadium with shitty sound?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 13, 2011 13:24

chu1chu2
I am trying to find out where to join the Rolling Stones fan club

It seems that there isn't such a fanclub on rollingstones.com anymore.
[www.rollingstones.com]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 13, 2011 13:29

To be honest, as people on here have already advised you, I wouldn't waste your money at this point. If and when there is a tour announced they will push the fan club membership and it's at that point you will get the tickets and any other extras which might be offered. But, as others have said, being in the fan club won't automatically get you a better seat. It will ensure you get aseat though.

Some on here have got a good seat others worse seats than those who just bought their tickets on the day. The last tour wasn't a huge sell out so tickets were easy to come by. If they announce a final tour things could be much harder and the fan club may be useful at that time. That's a big if!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 13, 2011 13:30

There is something here I don't understand.What do you mean by saying you had to pay to become a member of the old RS.com ?confused smiley

I registrated in 2007 but I used a ticket from the concert in Lyon and they didn't ask me money .
Could someone clarify this ? Thanks .smiling smiley

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 13, 2011 13:46

SwayStones
There is something here I don't understand.What do you mean by saying you had to pay to become a member of the old RS.com ?confused smiley

I registrated in 2007 but I used a ticket from the concert in Lyon and they didn't ask me money .
Could someone clarify this ? Thanks .smiling smiley

When I joined the fan club (many years ago) I had to pay $100.00. I think that's what people are talking about. But that fan club no longer exists.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 13, 2011 13:53

If I remember right we had to pay $100 for pre-sale tickets. I did and got a seat next to a guy that bought a ticket on gig day. Also, he paid about $200 less than me. Which shows how much value I got from that deal. Furthermore, after about three memberships I got a shitty ball cap. Fortunately I was able to buy the "seemingly rare" DVD at a record fair 5 years later. And recently I won the poster from a contest thread that Edith Grove did. Thanks to him I'll finally have the missing link. Funny how things work sometimes.

Date: May 15, 2011 01:59

Sooooo, if/when the Stones announce a tour then I should...........??

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:03

Tickets were not all that difficult during the Bigger Bang tour. The last time they played in Foxboro , ticketmaster was selling seats for $10.00 . They weren't the primo seats but you got in and heard the music .

Save your money ..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:26

Send me $100 service fee, along with apprx. $450 per ticket, and I'll guarantee you tickets...IF they tour!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:31

Noticed the big "IF "

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 15, 2011 03:04

chu1chu2
Sooooo, if/when the Stones announce a tour then I should...........??
Wait for an official tour announcment. If and when tickets go on sale, I'm sure thier will be pre-sales and various ticket packages. At that time this place will be full of helpful info. Much more than any official Stones site.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 15, 2011 03:40

sweetcharmedlife
Wait for an official tour announcment. If and when tickets go on sale, I'm sure thier will be pre-sales and various ticket packages. At that time this place will be full of helpful info. Much more than any official Stones site.

Agreed, Stones experts are here live.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 11:49

During the Licks Tour in 2003 I bought 2 memberships for about 100 Euros each. Those 2 memberships got me into 2 clubgigs with 2 tickets for each clubgig. The tickets for the clubgigs were quite cheap, I guess it was about 65 Euros each. So I paid 115 Euros in total for each clubgig ticket. To me that was a good deal.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: May 15, 2011 12:41

This Facebook page:

[www.facebook.com]

is probably the most frequently updated 'official' source of news.

Posted by: SpanishStone ()
Date: May 15, 2011 12:41

After 5 years I'm still waiting for my DVD...

[www.stonescovers.com]
@Stones_Covers
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 15, 2011 19:36

chu1chu2
No, what I want to do is to have the information on the place to go to if/when there is an announcement of a tour. I plan ahead. My disabled Veteran husband has paid for and taken me backstage to my favorite bands ZZ Top, Aerosmith, etc. and I would like to be able to return the favor to him by getting my eggs in a row so I can do the same for him as the Stones are HIS favorite band. Does this explain enough for someone to quit thinking I'm a dunce and give me the information I've been asking for???

A nice gesture indeed, and hopefully it works out.

As said earlier, there's no mechanism at present for signing up for anything and probably wont be for some time yet. No doubt the official site will put something together if and when a tour is announced. Jumping in and signing up on the first day wont necessarily give you a headstart on anyone I'd imagine, though. Additionally, the new site will be run by different people than before so its a bit premature to even speculate what it will be alike once they start asking for money, but caution is advised as the track record of Rolling Stones official sites when it comes to treating the fanbase is pretty shocking.

The backstage meet and greet thing isnt fan club related though. Its more likely to be something you'd get if you have connections to sponsors etc, I believe. There are also very expensive VIP packages sold in conjunction with companies such as Fan Asylum, etc.

Best option regarding that is maybe to wait and see what other people's experiences are. You'll get a better insight on sites like this, to be honest.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-15 19:38 by Gazza.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 15, 2011 19:41

Look it up on Google. The first one that comes up is...

Advanced search
About 1,590,000 results (0.14 seconds)
Search Results

The Rolling Stones Fan Club - It's Only Rock'n Roll
The Rolling Stones news and show reports by the international fan club IORR.
Tell Me - NEWS - Buy/Sell/Trade - Great IORR forum links
www.iorr.org/ - Cached - Similar

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 15, 2011 19:41

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home