Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your opinion on "Comedian Keith"....
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:25

Personally, l found Keith's visit with that "Kid on Ritalin" Jimmy Fallon, to be pathetic. l know, just about everyone here in the board will disagree with my opinion,but different strokes for different folks. To me Keith was always the epitome of coolness,and to see him acting like a third rate comedian wannabe, makes me cringe.That joke he attempted was just lame, and yes the audience laughed,but probably the applause sign in the studio told them to do it. He didn't talked about,the reason that he is famous and that is his band The Rolling Stones,nothing about touring,just one of his cliche answers,they could have shown him in the studio recording and playing, supposedly J.F was at the recording studio which Keith was using with Steve Jordan,but we had to endure a 2 minute commercial for his "tour de force" in the Pirates movie,gimme a break. The night they were celebrating the birthday of one of his idols Bob Marley,he couldn't find the time to play a least a couple of licks with the band,and he is talking about growing lemons and trying to act funny for the audience,probably made up of Lady Gaga fans,who couldn't care less,who the hell Keith Richards is.
l know he is old and probably this is what he will be doing till he croaks,but still not very cool at all.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: Your opinion on "Comedian Keith"....
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:31

That interview was the first time I recall hearing Keith tell an actual joke, and it was lame.

He's had many a great one-liner over the years, though.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:38

I have to say I prefer the soft spoken, eloquent Keith of the Sixties and early Seventies. I know Keith critcizes Mick for changing so much since the early days, but, in that regard, perhaps Keith should also look at himself a little bit. Still love the guy, God knows.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:41

he was very sweet, funny and charming, but the joke was as lame as "back to zero"....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:43

My impression of Keith is that he is pathetic in press conferences but better in one to one interviews where he is often more honest and straight than Mick Jagger. Jagger talks a lot but rarely says anything! But, of course, the quality of the interview is often down to the quality of the interviewer.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:54

I found the whole interview contrived, weakly scripted and poorly delivered. I'm amazed that so many people found it so reassuring. I do agree that Keith has delivered many memorable lines over the years but the magic wasn't there for me.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 16, 2011 03:57

I liked the interview better than the recent playing. He is fortunate to have found new careers as an actor and author, and I give him credit for making the transition.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 16, 2011 08:53

Keith is pretty ribald.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 16, 2011 16:40

I thought on one level, it was good in that he looked healthy (in Keith terms any way) but otherwise it was a complete waste of time and did nothing for either his image or the band as a whole - might have sold him a few more books.

Keith can be funny, but not when he's telling jokes. It didn't help that the host laughed hilariously at anything, that just encourges him.

Posted by: 2000man ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:00

I never need to hear him tell how the Stones & Beatles coordinated releases during the 60s ever again...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:03

2000man
I never need to hear him tell how the Stones & Beatles coordinated releases during the 60s ever again...

I actually enjoy hearing that on a biweekly basis. I look for subtle differences in the story. ie, Paul called him, or John, or Ringo called Mick.
The variety is nice.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:09

The only person who is quiet and not talking nonsense,but making music, which is the best all of them could do, is the little drummer boy Charlie Watts.

Sorry but that seems to be the little rise before the big fall into nowhere class. With such media the Rolling Stones will be fading to be never remembered except for one hit which people even won't know the band who played it.
It's very bitter, but at least it's not on Tour.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:09

Surprised he didn't tell the never-before-told story of how he recorded Satisfaction...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:24

Why does he never get any critical questions about his drugabuse? I mean he has been a junkie almost all his grown life. They can start with asking why he started with it and if it's something he would recommend to kids today... . They only seem to joke about in a quite childish way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-16 17:30 by Stoneage.

Date: May 16, 2011 17:25

skipstone
Surprised he didn't tell the never-before-told story of how he recorded Satisfaction...
He is saving that one for his next visit with Fallon,so Jimmy can act all surprised,and amazed...grinning smiley

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:37

skipstone

Or that esoteric little gem he saves for special occasions about Muddy Waters painting the ceiling.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:39

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I love it that he says whatever, "I'm telling the truth with my book" or whatever line it is yet...he's very good with the fictitious parts (that would be called lying) about things that never happened.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: May 16, 2011 17:57

Keith's persona is truly an embarrassment and also quite sad. Why would a clever, interesting and talented man in his seniour years play up to this image that isn't really him? I would imagine that Keith in real life doesn't even speak with that god awful fake American twang. Only thing worse is when he adopts his pseudo Jamaican 'Gold rings on ya' nonsense.

Jagger has his faults and we may never have truly seen the real Mick but I would argue he at least retains some of his pre-fame characteristics, Keith is a cartoon.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 16, 2011 18:16

Last time I think we ever saw the 'real' Keith was Hail Hail Rock n Roll. I hate to admit it but I think the solo albums and frontman gigs inflated his ego horribly. It seems that after that, the "character" of Keith Richards replaced the man (at least in public life).

Date: May 17, 2011 02:46

BUMP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home