Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Videos & Cassettes
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 2, 2011 15:19

I've been ploughing through my collection of Stones memorabilia (amongst other things) as I'll be moving out of Shuffler Towers shortly and need to decide what I should take with me and what I should discard.

Like many fellow IORRians, I've accumulated a large number of videos and cassettes but no longer play them as technology has moved on so I think I'll have to be ruthless and throw them away.

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation and, if so, did you find an alternative solution? I'm sure everyone here will understand that chucking this material out is something you'd only do as a last resort.

Re: Stones Videos & Cassettes
Date: May 2, 2011 15:23

Get a second hand VCR and a cassette-player. That's what I did anyway. No regrets so far...

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: May 2, 2011 15:28

Just transfer the material to dvd/cd

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 2, 2011 15:31

Harlem Shuffler
I've been ploughing through my collection of Stones memorabilia (amongst other things) as I'll be moving out of Shuffler Towers shortly and need to decide what I should take with me and what I should discard.

Like many fellow IORRians, I've accumulated a large number of videos and cassettes but no longer play them as technology has moved on so I think I'll have to be ruthless and throw them away.

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation and, if so, did you find an alternative solution? I'm sure everyone here will understand that chucking this material out is something you'd only do as a last resort.
You could give them to a charity shop....I did this once...they were snapped up or...go to a carboot/garage sale ...are you sure you haven't got something that's not in circulation ?

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 2, 2011 15:54

I'm sure somebody would have some use for them . Throwing them out seems like such a waste .

I'm sure if you posted something here or on the Hot Stuff Forum someone would want the items .

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 2, 2011 16:27

Im in the same boat, just found an old video of Stones at the Imax!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 2, 2011 16:52

Yesterday, I found a poster I didn't want and put it up for grabs here.

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: May 2, 2011 16:59

Harlem Shuffler

Keith Richards has described cassettes as his favourite audio format ever.

It may be a fanciful thought, but if you have loads of interesting Stones stuff on cassette, you could always offer them to the Great Man.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 2, 2011 17:18

Edith Grove
Yesterday, I found a poster I didn't want and put it up for grabs here.

I remember that moment well Edith!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 2, 2011 17:27

Thricenay

One would think so after reading Life.
The cassette was new technology during the Stones' most prolific period, and was used a lot when creating those songs.

I'm willing to bet Keith has a state-of-the-art CD player or MP3 or whatever at home.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: May 2, 2011 19:07

I have boxes of cassettes just lying there as I'm into cds/dvds now. Not sure what I will do with them.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: May 2, 2011 23:12

www.ebay.com

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: May 4, 2011 00:19

Just transfer the material to dvd/cd...and back-up a copy in external Hard disc dedicate
Sici

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 15, 2011 23:29

Just wanted to say thank you for all your replies.

I might be able to keep what I've got after all by putting it in the loft of the house. It's so hard to say goodbye to anything to do with the Stones.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 15, 2011 23:48

Your best bet is to buy a VHS to DVD recorder and etc along those lines somehow. Or find someone that can do it for you.

I have some stuff on VHS that is not on DVD - nor will it ever be most likely. But it's not big deal. Yet.

I dunno. Does someone have it somewhere? Meaning, you are not the only one in the world? Perhaps you can find it on DVD that someone has made.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 15, 2011 23:57

Yep, that's goes for me too...cassettes rocks the boat completly....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 16, 2011 00:05

How odd considering that cassettes are THE worst medium for music.

He's always said vinyl as far as I am aware....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 16, 2011 00:59

Come On

Yep, that's goes for me too...cassettes rocks the boat completly....

He probably meant that it was easy to record music where ever you are..............

It was my favorite format in the 70's, had a lot of fun wit my philips recorder...............

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 16, 2011 01:18

I would save or sell anything original in good condition and throw away all the bootlegged material (not anything ultra rare of course). To save time sell it all in one bid and be fair with the price.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 16, 2011 10:16

It's not difficult to transfer stuff to a more up to date format but it does take some time to do - a good excuse to listen to it all again. And if you don't want to listen again, then why are you keeping it all? Take some advice from Keith and Pass It On.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home