Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Taylor Compensation For Reissue Of GYYYO and Exile And L&G
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 2, 2010 15:22

MCDDTLC
And.... for what it's worth

Just got word from someone who is very close to the situation...

Taylor is getting NOTHING for:

A) the release of Plundered My Soul
cool smiley the re-release of Exile
C) Ladies & Gentelman

How does Jagger/Richards sleep at night knowing how they are ripping this guy off.

MLC
see this goes back to 1981 and whatever the glimmers worked out with taylor.

Date: September 2, 2010 15:25

MCDDTLC
Rocky, the only way Taylor getting anything out of the Glimmers now is not
going your route and punching them in the mouth but doing it his way. You might
not agree with it, but if one of these days their consicence kicks in and they
do chip off some cash and send it Taylor's way, that's between them. I wouldn't
call that stupid if it ends with the desired results.

Hey - but that's between them, Taylor's not stupid, he's just not a confrontational kind of person..

MLC
i hear you ,but that's not the glimmers (jagger) way to do things.

Date: September 2, 2010 15:40

crumbling_mice
No doubt one day Taylor will write his book...and why not, I'm sure it would be a great read and hopefully he will clarify many of the above points. I think one thing we can all agree on is his musical abilities and that we all would like to see him recieve whatever he is due. Until then we have guess work, supposition and a trickle of facts. But, @#$%& it...it keeps us from arguing over who is better, him or Ron!
i think you will never see a kiss and tell from taylor .

Date: September 2, 2010 16:00

MCDDTLC
And.... for what it's worth

Just got word from someone who is very close to the situation...

Taylor is getting NOTHING for:

A) the release of Plundered My Soul
cool smiley the re-release of Exile
C) Ladies & Gentelman

How does Jagger/Richards sleep at night knowing how they are ripping this guy off.

MLC

A) Of course he gets performing credits for playing on PMS. Since he didn´t contribute to writing it, no wonder he won´t get any royalties.

cool smiley Same there. He gets paid for his songwriting, and he will receive performing credits.

C) He didn´t write anything on that movie, as far as I know, but he has the right to receive performing credits.

D) Unless he has signed something when he left the group/received a sum of money...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 2, 2010 17:00

If he got paid a lump sum for whatever, that means he agreed to not try to collect money down the road.

End of story.

Why is that such a big fooking deal? Stop crying over what shitty decisions Mick Taylor made or didn't make. Either he is an idiot or he isn't.

It is what it is.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: September 2, 2010 20:54

For all the comments on performance credits, he played on this and get's that...

The Stones stopped paying him in thr 80's... botton-line
And he was entitled to get paid!!! and they owe him big time!!

The old bastard Allen Klein paid Taylor more tham the Glimmers after the 80's.

One of these days Taylor/Jagger & Richards will sit down and work out this
injustice!!!

MLC

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: September 2, 2010 20:56

MCDDTLC
Another clarifaction point..

In regards to: Plundered My Soul - just found out Mick Taylor was paid a fee
to record his part.. so Rocky was correct on that point..

MLC

Right, that is why I could not believe he was paid "nothing" as I was reading in this thread. He had to get a session fee at minimum unless he just wanted the "acclaim" of playing on PMS. In the end, it is their business, apparently Mick Taylor has a solid enought relationship to help out when asked. The music is what matters.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 2, 2010 21:35

'The old bastard Allen Klein paid Taylor more tham the Glimmers after the 80's.' Huh? For performance fees on Let It Bleed, GYYYO, Brown Sugar and what was the other, Wild Horses?

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: September 2, 2010 22:02

Three full pages and nobody has any how much the guy got paid.

Date: September 2, 2010 22:11

<The old bastard Allen Klein paid Taylor more tham the Glimmers after the 80's.>

Why do you keep calling the Rolling Stones then new record label "The Glimmers"?

The new company didn´t pay Taylor. Should Mick and Keith pay someone who quit the band out of their own pockets, you mean?

And do you really think Mick and Keith were sitting with their lawyers, looking for clausuls in the contract that made them avoid paying up?

Date: September 2, 2010 22:27

DandelionPowderman
<The old bastard Allen Klein paid Taylor more tham the Glimmers after the 80's.>

Why do you keep calling the Rolling Stones then new record label "The Glimmers"?

The new company didn´t pay Taylor. Should Mick and Keith pay someone who quit the band out of their own pockets, you mean?

And do you really think Mick and Keith were sitting with their lawyers, looking for clausuls in the contract that made them avoid paying up?

Hold on a second, let me make some sh*t up.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 2, 2010 22:28

What's the hurry, MLC? One of these days everything will be taken care of in a nice, non-confrontational way.

Bwhahahahahaha!

Seriously, either Taylor gets paid like he should or else there is more to it than we know and that is likely private business that Taylor or his girlfriend do not discuss with people who regularly post about his financial circumstances online.

However, next time Mr. Taylor plays Joe-Bob's Bar 'n' Grill in my town, I'll hang around after the show and offer him a box of Twinkies in exchange for answering questions about how much money he's owed, the last time he received a royalty cheque, and what his session fee was for "Plundered My Soul." I swear to you if your info is correct, MLC, I'll have Taylor out there scrubbing and waxing my car within 20 minutes. I'll also walk off with whatever the club paid him for the gig - provided he didn't do the gig for free believing the manager will pay him in another forty years.

Date: September 2, 2010 22:30

Rocky Dijon
What's the hurry, MLC? One of these days everything will be taken care of in a nice, non-confrontational way.

Bwhahahahahaha!

Seriously, either Taylor gets paid like he should or else there is more to it than we know and that is likely private business that Taylor or his girlfriend do not discuss with people who regularly post about his financial circumstances online.

However, next time Mr. Taylor plays Joe-Bob's Bar 'n' Grill in my town, I'll hang around after the show and offer him a box of Twinkies in exchange for answering questions about how much money he's owed, the last time he received a royalty cheque, and what his session fee was for "Plundered My Soul." I swear to you if your info is correct, MLC, I'll have Taylor out there scrubbing and waxing my car within 20 minutes. I'll also walk off with whatever the club paid him for the gig - provided he didn't do the gig for free believing the manager will pay him in another forty years.

This is great news! How are the wife and kids?

Date: September 2, 2010 22:34

Thanks, Brue. I was pleased, too. The wife still cries a lot and pines for her mother country. The kids are happy when I throw a bit of raw meat down in the basement for them to eat.

Date: September 2, 2010 22:41

Rocky Dijon
Thanks, Brue. I was pleased, too. The wife still cries a lot and pines for her mother country.

That's what happens when you go on russianbrides.com and she says she's 25 but she's really 16.

Date: September 2, 2010 23:01

Me and Ronnie had the same bad luck.

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: September 3, 2010 02:38

Taylor was paid $612.34 US dollars for 11 minutes of guitar work. I read this in the National Enquirer.

Date: September 3, 2010 03:19

Rocky - there is more to it but I'm not going to list it here. And he ain't doing squat for you or your car... and no more fat jokes OK

MLC

Date: September 3, 2010 05:36

Believe me if you saw me, you wouldn't be offended by the Twinkies joke. I look like Taylor's twin brother - except Taylor still has his hair.

The car stuff was meant to be funny. Just like the bit about my wife and kids. The Ronnie fans (which I'm also one) weren't upset about the Russian teenager joke so don't be bothered about the Taylor stuff. None of it has any bearing on their talent. We both agree on Taylor's considerable gifts so don't let the kidding bug you.

Date: September 3, 2010 17:46

Oh it's funny Rocky. It's just that some roman numeral-esque people are obviously too serious about something that they are just assuming about and is not only none of their business but they also have no idea what the hell they are talking about AND they can't take a motherfucking joke to boot.

Date: September 3, 2010 19:02

grinning smiley

Date: September 3, 2010 21:29

Gosh - Skip - I better come to you for all the info since you know so much and the rest of us don't know crap. Thanks for reminding us... clown..

MLC

Date: September 3, 2010 21:58

Rocky - I was just joking back at you with the Taylor won't go near your car line..

So many around here make so many jokes about Taylor's weight, I have a quick trigger about that one, so if anyone includes you in from now on I'll zing them
too... Have a nice 3-day weekend..

MLC

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 4, 2010 01:31

MT has been getting screwed for years. If you think that he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder or regrets, think again. Maybe that is one of the reasons why he is a mess, depressed and pouring down the booze like water flowing down a river. A handsome guy at one point and now he looks horribly bloated and sad. Look and sound like a happy guy to you? When was the last time you ever saw him smile?

I still love the guy and his admire his immense skills as a guitarist. What a player!!

Date: September 5, 2010 04:18

CLOWN? You called me CLOWN?

Oh. How POSH of you!

Don't come to me for info, just for sense. As in humour. Sometimes, like this one about Taylor getting paid, you come off as a very biased sounding brabbler.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 5, 2010 06:32

The Post That Wouldn't Die! Never have so many, said so few things, for so long. Including myself.

Date: September 5, 2010 11:49

Midnight Toker
MT has been getting screwed for years. If you think that he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder or regrets, think again. Maybe that is one of the reasons why he is a mess, depressed and pouring down the booze like water flowing down a river.

He left the Stones 36 years ago.
Time enough to create your own life..
You must know him very well?

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: September 5, 2010 14:13

Brue
Three full pages and nobody has any how much the guy got paid.

If misterfrias had not deleted his post, you would have seen the following:

But what about [Mick Taylor's] royalties from the Stones? ‘In 1982 they stopped paying me. They’d signed to a different record company and had new contracts and were advised they didn’t need to pay me any more,’ explained Taylor with a shrug. ‘Until then, I’d had a contract with Rolling Stones Records which was licensed to Atlantic Records – the same contract as the rest of the band.’

The deal gave him an equal share of performing royalties, though Jagger and Richards shared the writers’ royalties. But when the Atlantic contract expired, the band’s management used a loophole in Taylor’s contract to stop all payments.
‘I should have got a lawyer,’ he said. ‘But instead I called them rude words and asked how they could just stop paying me. They all know it’s not right. In fact it is outrageous. They get all the money and I get the plaudits and praise, even from Mick.

‘I’ve tried to talk to Mick a couple of times, but I realise that hiring a lawyer is probably the only way they’ll take me seriously. But they figure I’m not going to do anything about it.’

Taylor thinks for a moment, then adds: ‘I’m going to do something about it because it’s morally wrong to cut my royalties for those six albums.’

Link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-05 14:17 by dancingmisterd.

Date: September 5, 2010 16:00

The article has been wiped away as trash by most people.

BTW Taylor's life doesn't depend on his past
with the Stones only. That would be pathetic.

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: September 5, 2010 16:40

Amsterdamned
The article has been wiped away as trash by most people.

BTW Taylor's life doesn't depend on his past
with the Stones only. That would be pathetic.

Amsterdamned, pathetic or not, to many people MT will always be the guy who blew it by leaving THE GREATEST ROCK & ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-05 16:48 by dancingmisterd.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home